- "You wanna make this city great again, this is how; with business, money."
- —Justin's argument with The Hood[src]
Justin Claybourne (died late 2012) was the corrupt CEO of Claybourne Pharmaceuticals, an associate of the black market profiteers AK Desmond Group, and the man behind an outbreak of tuberculosis in Lamb Valley. His name was on "The List", subsequently leading to him being killed by the Hood. Justin's son, Simon Morrison, decided to avenge his father.
Justin Claybourne was the CEO of Claybourne Pharmaceuticals. Around 1986, Claybourne and his mistress had an illegitimate son, Simon Morrison. Claybourne was eventually divorced from his wife, who made mention of this son.
Around 26 years later, Claybourne had become a corrupt businessman connected to AK Desmond Group, a secretive organization which operated on the black market. He had a loving relationship with his son, until he found out that Simon had psychiatric issues and was in the process of disowning him.
In cahoots with the AK Desmond Group, Claybourne released their weaponized tuberculosis in Lamb Valley, threatening many lives. His company had acquired the rights to a cure, Dycloseral, the price of which went from $10 a pill to $1,000 overnight as a means to profit from the outbreak. The Hood tried to intimidate Claybourne during a meeting with his associates into stopping the operations and making things right. When that didn't work, the Hood went on a killing spree through Claybourne's guards at the AK Desmond Group's Starling City hideout on 1852 West Maple, on the 30th floor. He finally cornered and killed Claybourne on the roof by shooting an arrow into his chest. According to his autopsy, Claybourne didn't die from the arrow piercing his aortic arch, but by drowning in the pool, where he lasted for 145 seconds before finally dying.
After Claybourne's death, Simon ruthlessly training and took up the mantle of Prometheus to seek vengeance for his father.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Charles Chase is the father of Adrian Chase.
- In the DC comics, the name of Prometheus' father is unknown. The unnamed criminal worked in conjunction with his wife, Prometheus' mother, until they were both were killed by cops. Prometheus desired to avenge his parents' death and went to great lengths to destroy all forms of justice.
- Garwin Sanford, Claybourne's actor, would go on to portray Paul Nal in .