- For other uses of Kal-El, see Kal-El (disambiguation).
- For other uses of Superman, see Superman (disambiguation).
- "He's not one of us, Sam. Where I come from, you're like me, and you don't trust him either because you know what he's capable of. You have to help me save your planet, Sam. Before Kal-El..."
- —Captain Luthor to Sam Lane about Superman's Earth-TUD22 counterpart[src]
Kal-El was born on the planet Krypton and sent to Earth following Krypton's destruction. At some point during his adulthood he would become known as "Superman". At some point he would become a threat to the population of Earth and would use his heat vision against a squadron of military soldiers led by General Sam Lane, with Luthor as one of the soldiers.
Powers and abilities
- Kryptonian physiology: Normally, like all Kryptonians, Kal-El's capabilities are no greater than a normal human of his physical conditioning. However, once charged by the energy spectrum of a yellow sun, he becomes able to perform various inhuman feats.
- Flight: Kal is able to manipulate his own gravitational field to generate thrust and propel himself through the air.
- Heat vision: By concentrating the solar energy in Kal's body, he can emit red energy beams from his eyes.
- Invulnerability: Kal was able to withstand direct gunfire without taking any damage.
- "The only remnants of your real home, Kryptonite, make you sick."
- —Captain Luthor, to Kal-El's Earth-Prime counterpart[src]
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, even while empowered, Kal is vulnerable to the exposure of Kryptonite, a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Depending on the nature of the said Kryptonite, it will cause a different adverse effect on him.
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite not only physically hurts Kal, but also it weakens his physical attributes; making him equivalent to that of a normal human.
- Superman suit: Kal wore a black and silver protective suit as his alter-ego, Superman, to hide his identity from his enemies.
Superman & Lois
- This Kal-El wore a suit that was identical to the one that John Deegan wore when he rewritten himself in the Book of Destiny as Superman.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Kal-El is the superhero known as Superman and as his human guise Clark Kent. He debuted in Action Comics #1 (June, 1938) by creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- This version of Superman seems to be loosely based on Ultraman; the evil counterpart to Superman from Earth 3. In this universe, Alexander Luthor, Jr. was a hero who wished to rid his world of Ultraman.
|Other versions of Kal-El (Earth-TUD22)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Clark Kent.|
|Earth: Prime • 96|
|Earth: 38 • 96 99 • 167 • TUD22|