- For other uses of Kal-El, see Kal-El (disambiguation).
- For other uses of Superman, see Superman (disambiguation).
- "He's not one of us, Sam. Where I come from, you're like me, and you don't trust him either because you know what he's capable of. You have to help me save your planet, Sam. Before Kal-El..."
- —John Henry Irons to Sam Lane about Superman's Earth-TUD22 counterpart[src]
Kal-El was born on the planet Krypton. Sometime before the planet was destroyed, he was sent to Earth, where later took on the moniker of Superman. Eventually Kal had a breakdown; which led to him becoming a threat to the entire world.
Eventually he would become a threat to the population of Earth and along with a group of individuals, he used his heat vision to destroy several buildings in Metropolis and that night, he killed Lois Lane during a live interview. Then, he killed a squadron of military soldiers led by General Sam Lane, with John Henry Irons as one of the soldiers. When Irons was trying to escape using his ship, Kal-El tried to stop him.
At some point, Kal had a breakdown; which led to him becoming a murderer and a tyrant, as he has no guilt shame or remorse for killing several innocent individuals in Metropolis; such as Lois Lane and Sam Lane.
Powers and abilities
- Kryptonian physiology: Normally, like all Kryptonians, Kal-El's capabilities are no greater than a normal human of his physical conditioning. However, once charged by the energy spectrum of a yellow sun, he becomes able to perform various inhuman feats.
- Flight: Kal is able to manipulate his own gravitational field to generate thrust and propel himself through the air.
- Heat vision: By concentrating the solar energy in Kal's body, he can emit red energy beams from his eyes.
- Invulnerability: Kal was able to withstand direct gunfire without taking any damage.
- "The only remnants of your real home, Kryptonite, make you sick."
- —John Henry Irons, to Kal-El's Earth-Prime counterpart[src]
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, even while empowered, Kal is vulnerable to the exposure of Kryptonite, a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Depending on the nature of the said Kryptonite, it will cause a different adverse effect on him.
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite not only physically hurts Kal, but also it weakens his physical attributes, making him equivalent to that of a normal human.
- Superman suit: Kal wore a black and silver protective suit as his alter-ego, Superman, to hide his identity from his enemies.
Superman & Lois
- This Kal-El wore a suit that was identical to the one that John Deegan wore when he rewrote himself in the Book of Destiny as Superman.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Kal-El is the superhero known as Superman and as his human guise Clark Kent. He debuted in Action Comics #1 (June, 1938) by creators Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.
- This version of Superman seems to be loosely based on Ultraman; the evil counterpart to Superman from Earth 3. In this universe, Alexander Luthor, Jr. was a hero who wished to rid his world of Ultraman.
|Other versions of Kal-El (Earth-TUD22)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Clark Kent.|
|Earth: Prime • 96|
|Earth: 38 • 96 99 • 167 • TUD22|