- For the eponymous character, see Oliver Queen.
- "Confess. You killed my father because he was a name on a list. But that's not really true, is it? No. [...] The list was just an excuse. The hood, the disguise—just an excuse. The idea that all this is some heroic crusade is just an excuse."
"Excuse for what? Huh? Tell me!"
"You tell me, Oliver. You tell me. [...] I know what's going on through your mind, Oliver. You're thinking that you can get yourself free from those chains, slam me to the ground, and snap my neck just like I did to Evelyn. There it is. There's the look I've been waiting to see. But it's not just about stopping me, is it? No. There's something else in there. Confess, Oliver. [...] You've told yourself you kill because you have to. Confess, Oliver. You don't kill because you have to. So why? Why do you do it?"
"Because I wanted to."
"I want to. I WANT TO! AND I LIKED IT!"
"How's it feel knowing that I saw the one thing you couldn't admit to yourself?"
- —Adrian Chase and Oliver Queen
"Kapiushon" is the seventeenth episode of the fifth season of , and the one-hundred-ninth episode overall. It aired on March 22, 2017.
|Prometheus goes to great lengths to break Oliver. Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Anatoly becomes worried about Oliver's increasingly violent tendencies, which come to a head in a brutal confrontation.|
The scene starts with a montage of a portion of Oliver's numerous murders throughout the years. Chase holds Oliver's heads submerged and says that his dad suffocated in the pool, as Oliver's bolt didn't actually kill him. Chase says he picked the name Prometheus since Prometheus the Titan tested the transcendence of the Greek divine beings. He additionally says that he has a type of fantastic arrangement, and that Oliver can just stop it by admitting the one thing that Oliver's hesitant to concede. Oliver says he doesn't have the faintest idea what that is, so Chase pushes Oliver's head submerged by and by.
In a flashback, Oliver torments Gregor to discover what his arrangements were with Kovar. Gregor guarantees Oliver that everybody that Oliver adores will bite the dust at his touch before he dies. After Gregor bites the dust, the Bratva name Anatoly their new "Pakhan" (AKA pioneer). Every individual from the Bratva, Oliver notwithstanding, cut their palms and commit to a blood promise to Anatoly.
At the point when the service is finished, Anatoly says that he's going to converse with Kovar. Oliver proposes that he connects with Taiana's mom. At the point when he discovers Taiana's mom, one of Kovar's men attempts to execute Oliver, yet Oliver murders him.
Kovar meets with Malcolm Merlyn about a shipment or the like, before Anatoly strolls in to Kovar's office. Anatoly claims that Kovar was murdered by the Kapiushon (the Russian word for "Hood"), a secret men that is disturbing the Bratva's business. Kovar uncovers that he's some way or another intending to make Russia "solid" once more.
Back in the Bratva bar, Anatoly says that Kovar is intending to oust the Russian government utilizing whatever shipment Merlyn orchestrated. Anatoly advises Oliver to return home, as Russian appears to draw out Oliver's repressed beast, however Oliver says he won't stand aside while Kovar murders Gregor.
In the present day, Chase covers the mass of Oliver's cells with photos of Oliver's "casualties." He pulls off a photograph of the Count (the first) and says that if Oliver doesn't admit, he'll put a similar three arrows in Oliver's chest that Oliver put in the Count. Oliver advises Chase to push off, so Chase shoots Oliver with arrows.
In a flashback, Anatoly and Oliver find that Merlyn masterminded a lot of sarin gas to be transported into Russia, enough to execute thousands.
Chase advises Oliver to confess, or he'll follow one of Oliver's loved ones... including his son. Oliver claims he doesn't have a clue what Chase needs, so Chase warns he's going to execute somebody Oliver cares for.
In a flashback, Kovar and his men show up for the sarin gas, prompting a significant shootout. The vast majority of Anatoly's men are slaughtered, however Oliver reacts by killing the greater part of Kovar's men. All things considered, Kovar pulls off the sarin gas.
One of the Bratva individuals go up against Oliver about persuading Anatoly to battle Kovar, however Oliver brings up that the Bratva will be cleared out by Kovar once he assumes control over Russia. Oliver at that point tortures one of Kovar's men to discover what Kovar's arrangement is.
At the point when the torment is finished, Anatoly descends and discovers Oliver's "craftsmanship". Anatoly says that putting on the hood won't isolated the man from the beast, it will simply invigorate the beast to surpass Oliver. Oliver additionally calmly makes reference to that he tortured Kovar's man to death as "practice".
So as to draw near to Kovar, Oliver moves toward Taiana's mom and discloses to her that Taiana is dead. Oliver persuades Taiana's mom to give him her key to Kovar's structure.
Chase brings a wrecked Evelyn Sharp into his cell. Chase drops a blade in the room and says that if Evelyn doesn't murder Evelyn (or the other way around), Chase will execute her himself. Chase trusts that Oliver murdering Artemis will be a decent update with regards to what his mystery is. Evelyn apologizes to Oliver and afterward gets the blade.
In a flashback, Kovar appears at a type of extravagant capacity at a club, while Oliver sneaks in through the back. In the wake of breaking into Anatoly's security room, Oliver reveals to Anatoly where the sarin gas is, before he sees Kovar tormenting Taiana's mom. In the mean time, one of the Bratva sells out Anatoly and leads him into a snare.
In the current day, Oliver begs Evelyn to assist him with battling Chase, however Evelyn says that she's dead. Evelyn surges at Oliver, yet he incapacitates her and kicks her away. Chase strolls in and snatches Evelyn and advises Oliver to admit and afterward breaks Evelyn's neck when Oliver doesn't talk. Oliver vows to murder Chase, and Chase says that they're at last getting some place.
In a flashback, Oliver discovers that Anatoli's been taken and he goes out of control through Kovar's gambling club. Kovar tells his visitors how the Bratva were arranging a gas assault on his club, however it reverse discharges and murdered everybody (counting the Bratva. Kovar leaves wearing a gas cover, however Oliver stop the gas not long after. Kovar faces Oliver, while Chase tells Oliver (in the current day) that putting on the hood was only a reason.
Oliver and Kovar's battle spills into the club, yet Oliver takes a few to get back some composure of a blade. Anatoly asks Oliver not to do it, however Oliver cuts Kovar in the guts.
Oliver at last admits to Chase: he killed individuals since he needed to and on the grounds that he enjoyed it. In the outcome, Evelyn is uncovered to be alive and was helping Chase from the start. Chase discloses to Oliver that his entire campaign depended on an untruth. He says that every one of his companions have taken care of Oliver's battle. Oliver discloses to Chase that he vowed to release him and says that he's grieved. Before Chase releases Oliver, he burns off Oliver's Bratva tattoo.
In a flashback, Oliver and Anatoly get coordinating tattoos before Anatoli restores Oliver's hood. Anatoli cautions Oliver that the hood is simply advocating Oliver's affection for homicide and that one day Oliver won't love the man who lays underneath.
In the mean time, Merlyn investigates Kovar's body... only to discover that he is as yet alive. Merlyn makes reference to that he would prefer not to be whoever crossed Kovar.
Oliver gets up and stumbles out of his cell and comes back to the Arrowcave, where his team has been frantically searching for him. Oliver dumps his quiver and tells Diggle, Felicity, and Curtis that "it's over for me" that he's shutting everything down.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/The Hood
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Willa Holland (credit only)
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt
- Josh Segarra as District Attorney Adrian Chase
- Paul Blackthorne (credit only)
Special appearance by
- Madison McLaughlin as Evelyn Sharp
- David Meunier as Ishmael Gregor
- Mike Dopud as Viktor
- David Nykl as Anatoly Knyazev
- Dolph Lundgren as General Konstantin Kovar
- Conor Gomez as Ivan
- Taras Kostyuk as Gennady
- Natalia Vasiluk as Galina Venediktov
- Alexander Vishniakoff as Galina's Handler
Preparation ran from January 19 until January 27, 2017. Shooting ran from January 30 until February 8, 2017.
- This is the fourth and final episode of the five years of Oliver's hell where the episode focuses primarily on the flashbacks. The others are "The Odyssey", "The Promise", and "The Return".
- Interestingly, the last season did the opposite and focused primarily on the present-day storyline, with the episode "Genesis".
- This is the first episode of to feature four villains in the episode, two from the present (Adrian Chase and Evelyn Sharp) and two from the past (Konstantin Kovar and Malcolm Merlyn).
- Evelyn returns after being absent for eight episodes.
- Kovar returns (in the flashback storyline) after being absent for ten episodes.
- This is the third episode to feature the main villain outside of the present-day storyline, in this case Konstantin Kovar, after "The Odyssey" (Edward Fyers) and "The Promise" (Anthony Ivo). All those three are the main antagonists of flashback storylines per the season: Edward Fyers (season 1), Anthony Ivo (season 2) and Konstantin Kovar (season 5)
- This is the first and only appearance of Malcolm in Oliver Queen's flashback storyline.
- The episode was originally titled "Kapot".
- The Russian word "Kapot" (Капот) translates to a "car hood". The actual term for "hood" (as in, headdress) is "Kapyushon" (Капюшон), what the episode was later roughly retitled to.
- "Kapiushon" also likely comes from the French word "Capuchon", for hood. French was once very commonly spoken in Russia, particularly among the upper classes, so there are many French words incorporated into Russian.
- This episode depicts how Oliver got his Bratva tattoo as a reward by Anatoly and how he lost it due to Adrian's vengeance.
- In the flashback to the market near the beginning, the theme from the video game Tetris can be heard in the background. Tetris was created by the Russian game designer Alexey Pajitnov.
- This is the first of two episodes of Season 5 where Rick Gonzalez (Rene Ramirez) doesn't appear.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|