- "Too bad you don't wear the mask anymore, but I'll settle for the hood."
- —Chimera to Green Arrow[src]
Years ago Oliver Queen/The Hood saved him during his crusade against crime, turning Kevin Meltzer into a vigilante fanatic. But because of his mental trouble, he ended up in a psych ward where he stayed for a long time.
Crusade as an anti-vigilante
One day Kevin decided to steal vigilante's mask to show his appreciation. He stole a Wayne Tech exoskeleton and started an anti-vigilante crusade. He managed to take Ragman's and Huntress's masks, and since he spared Wild Dog and the new Green Arrow's lives after taking their masks, it can be presumed that he left Ragman and Huntress alive, too. In Hunt Multinational building, he faced Oliver Queen and John Diggle. After escaping them, they found his lair.
Targeting Oliver Queen
During the Star City Community Safety Coalition, he decided to attack and take Oliver's hood but was surprised to see Wild Dog, Mr Terrific and Dinah Drake (who turned out to be Black Canary). After a hard fight, he was apprehended, and later his identity was revealed to the public.
Powers and abilities
- Powers via Wayne Enterprises Exoskeleton: All of Kevin's physical capabilities are enhanced to near-superhuman levels when wearing the stolen exoskeleton.
- Enhanced strength: Kevin's suit grants him some level of enhanced strength. This seen when he easily threw around his opponents such as Green Arrow and other members of Team Arrow during his fights with them.
- Enhanced durability: Kevin's suit grants him enhanced durability. He's able to tank arrows, several gunshots, fall out of a building window, and get smashed right through a concrete pillar by Dinah's sonic scream.
- Enhanced agility: Kevin's suit grants him some high degree of enhanced agility. This is seen when he was able to jump up onto and down from a high platform.
- Keen intellect/Expert tactician: Kevin is a highly capable planner. He was able to escape his mental institution through unknown means. He was able to break into Wayne Tech and steal their exoskeleton without getting caught. He was able to track, follow, and ambush several vigilantes. When going after Green Arrow a second time, he disabled the lights in the room before making his attack.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant: Kevin can fight vigilantes in unarmed combat. His fighting style seems to comprise of Boxing, Judo, Jujitsu, and Taekwondo. he was able to fight Green Arrow, even managing to gain the upper hand in their fights, though this was probably due to his suit's capabilities. He was even able to fight Spartan, Wild Dog, Mister Terrific, and Dinah Drake at the same time along with Green Arrow, though he was eventually defeated.
- Stealth: Kevin was able to ambush Wild Dog, Emiko, and the Green Arrow.
- Wayne Enterprises Exoskeleton: Kevin has stolen a Wayne Tech exoskeleton to lead his crusade against vigilantes. The suit is bullet-proof and allowed Kevin to survive falling out of a building window.
- Wrist-mounted grenade launchers: Kevin can shoot impact grenades from grenades launchers attached to the suit's forearms.
- Voice modulator: The suit has a voice modulator to disguise Kevin's voice and to intimidate his enemies.
- Desert Eagle: Kevin has a Desert Eagle holstered on his right thigh. Though he's never seen using it.
- Exolithium cell: It powers the exoskeleton and the suit can't move without it, making it an easily target-able weak point.
- Electrical shock: The exoskeleton used by Kevin can be heavily damaged by electrical currents, allowing Oliver to shut it down with a specific trick arrow.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, there are a number of characters named or nicknamed "Chimera".
- Meltzer's full name is a combination of Kevin Smith and Brad Meltzer, renowned authors of Green Arrow comics.
- Chimera's obsession with collecting the masks of vigilantes may be a reference to the villain Onomatopoeia, who was created by Smith. Onomatopoeia was a serial killer who targeted non-powered superheroes and had a similar obsession with collecting their masks, which was shown in Smith's comic Batman: Cacophony. Two characters with some of Onomatopoeia's traits appeared in Arrow; Mr. Blank and Psycho.