- For the eponymous character, see Shay Lamden (Earth-2).
- For other uses of "King Shark", see King Shark (disambiguation).
"King Shark" is the fifteenth episode of the second season of , and the thirty-eighth episode overall. It aired on February 23, 2016.
|When King Shark escapes from an A.R.G.U.S. holding tank, Lyla and Diggle travel to Central City to warn The Flash. King Shark shows up at the West house and attacks Joe, Iris, Wally and Barry.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special guest star
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Director Lyla Michaels/Harbinger
- Violett Beane as Jesse Wells
- Teddy Sears as Jay Garrick/The Flash/Zoom
- Benjamin Arce as Guard #1
- Haley Beauchamp as Dr. Tanya Lamden
- Spencer Graham as A.R.G.U.S. Agent #2
- David Hayter as King Shark (voice)
- Sylvesta Stuart as Technician
The scene opens the last known point of interest, with Caitlin trying to claim ignorance that Jay is dead, remaining before the Speed Cannon while the remainder of the group holds on in dismay. Barry requests that Wells open the penetrate to Earth-2 so he can return, yet Wells says it is highly unlikely to revive them.
Jesse is disturbed that they can't return home, and the remainder of the group is vexed that there's no other option for them — however Barry follows off, decided.
Somewhere else, Cisco is analyzing his Vibe conceals while Caitlin dozes; she won't return home. Barry and Cisco are stressed over her, yet Wells says she's solid and will be fine. He instructs them not to delineate for Caitlin, Joe and Iris about their lives on Earth-2, since it's better not to impact their lives in manners they shouldn't be.
Flash forward some time, as Barry discloses to the crowd that they attempted their best to disregard Earth-2 and change in accordance with the new conditions. Caitlin, however, is as yet taking a shot at the Velocity serum and keeps Jay's head protector around her work area.
At an Aquarium, a group of watchmen are attempting to take care of King Shark. At the point when it doesn't come to get the food, they turn off the electronic security to search for him.
Somewhere else, Diggle and Lyla are being a tease, discussing Lyla's new job as the head of A.R.G.U.S., when a caution goes off. They rush to the aquarium to see King Shark chowing down on a gatekeeper. He runs off as opposed to stand up to them.
At home, Barry is playing family games with the Wests. Wally leaves to go see a few companions, and the other two ask Barry what's happening. Barry attempts to wave it off, saying Wally doesn't care for him to an extreme, however the Wests simply reveal to Barry he needs to become acquainted with him. Barry pardons himself to hit the sack, and Joe and Iris wonder what occurred on Earth-2.
At S.T.A.R., Caitlin is back in introverted mode when Cisco attempts to support her. Cisco tells Barry after she leaves that he's stressed over her turning out to be Killer Frost, yet before they can complete the discussion, Diggle and Lyla appear at caution him King Shark is coming to murder The Flash.
Barry chooses he will follow King Shark before King Shark comes to them, and that he will do it without anyone else's help instead of hanging tight for A.R.G.U.S. He will go to the waterfront, while A.R.G.U.S. takes the remainder of the city.
Diggle says his head protector could utilize some work, and Cisco says he'll jump on it. In the interim, Joe calls and discloses to Barry he needs to come help Wally with a venture today around evening time.
At Nautilus Labs, Cisco and Caitlin get together with the widow of King Shark's Earth-1 doppelgänger, who was slaughtered by the atom smasher blast. They approach her for her discoveries on sharks. Caitlin is short and impolite, and inevitably asks Cisco for what reason he's been distinctive to her since Earth-2.
At the waterfront, Diggle attempts to convince Barry not to convey the heaviness of the world on his shoulders like Oliver does. In the long run, King Shark shows up and executes two or three A.R.G.U.S. operators.
Afterward, Diggle and Lyla mourn the way that King Shark escaped and no one can appear to discover him. Barry needs to pardon himself to go invest energy with Wally.
Barry investigates Wally's application for a designing project — it's for turbine-controlled vehicles. Barry begins offering him some genuinely cruel useful analysis, however Wally rapidly gets annoyed. At the point when everybody begins giving Barry looks, he offers to begin once again and go over it along with Wally.
At S.T.A.R., Caitlin isn't intrigued by the shark research from Nautilus. At the point when Cisco offers to support her, she gets irritated. At last over the span of their discussion, Cisco enlightens her concerning Killer Frost. She reveals to him that she's just being cold and inaccessible in light of the fact that she needs to as a way of dealing with stress at the present time. She says she needs to concentrate on work and how to discover King Shark.
Somewhere else, Wells is taking a shot at the white board when Jesse comes in and causes him make sense of certain factors as he continued looking for King Shark.
At the West's, Wally and Barry are taking a shot at the undertaking together. Wally gets irritated that Barry is by all accounts attempting to do it for him. He's vexed that the Wests believe Barry's ideal, and abandons cooperating. Simply at that point, King Shark pounds through the mass of the house searching for The Flash.
Joe sends the family away and goes after King Shark with his firearm to occupy from Barry sneaking outside to change.
Barry reveals to King Shark that it is extremely unlikely for him to return to Earth-2, that the breaks are shut, however before he can effectively arrest King Shark, he's thrown to the side. Ruler Shark discloses to him that even The Flash can't get him in water and makes his break.
Back at home, Wally is befuddled with regards to why the family accepted the entirety of that insane. He additionally assaults Barry when he returns ground floor, considering him a quitter for hanging out. At the point when Wally stomps out and Joe requests answers, Barry educates them concerning what occurred on Earth-2. He reveals to them that it was unimaginable not to get genuinely sucked in on the grounds that despite the fact that it's not his reality, it's still genuine and he's liable for Joe's passing on Earth-2. He feels horrendous that he left Earth-2 at Zoom's leniency when the breaks were shut.
Back at S.T.A.R., they hypothesize that King Shark cn sense the power in Barry's framework, and that they can basically utilize that capacity to follow him back.
That night, they set up an electric reference point to imitate the Flash's bioelectric field and draw the shark in. It's not working immediately. While they're hanging tight for him to appear, Barry says that he's been fleeing from things rather than toward them recently, and that requirements to change.
Cisco gets a perusing on King Shark assaulting the Flash-formed trap on their signal, which A.R.G.U.S. utilizations to attempt to draw him in. At the point when it doesn't work, Flash sends Caitlin away so he and A.R.G.U.S. can battle King Shark all alone. Lord Shark reveals to him that he's going to execute The Flash, and afterward he'll slaughter the A.R.G.U.S. specialists, however The Flash baits him away by stumbling into the water and afterward, when King Shark is out adrift, energizing the water by going around aimlessly. Caught in a vortex of lightning, King Shark at long last passes out when Barry tosses a wad of lightning legitimately at him, and afterward runs back to shore.
On the docks, Lyla says she intends to attempt to fix King Shark instead of weaponizing him in the Suicide Squad. Caitlin recommends she call Nautilus. After the women leave, Diggle gives The Flash a motivational speech about managing his melancholy over lost faithful comrades.
Afterward, at Jitters, Wally lets Joe take a gander at his proposition for the turbine vehicle. Joe's tremendously intrigued, yet Wally concedes Barry gave him a great deal of help. Joe discloses to him that it's as yet his thought, and Barry would state something very similar. He tells a baffled Wally that he's constantly been overprotective of Barry to assist him with overcoming the deplorability of his mom's homicide, and that the explanation they're so pleased with him is that it could have gone in an unexpected way. He advises him not to contrast himself with Barry, that they're the two his children.
At S.T.A.R., Caitlin puts her virus hands on Cisco, provoking him with the apparition of Killer Frost. She gets some information about her, and that Killer Frost will never exist on this Earth.
They all go to the cortex to see Barry, who apologizes to them for his preferred outcomes to go in time a year ago. He reveals to them that he knows Zoom and Jay's demise are a direct result of him — yet that he is resolved that Team Flash will likewise be the ones to stop Zoom. He says the penetrates aren't shut everlastingly, and they aren't finished with Earth-2. He divulges a trophy situation where Jay's head protector is mounted, saying that his penance won't have been futile, and that whenever he meets Zoom, he'll be a tim.
On Earth-2, Zoom takes Jay's body and drops it on the ground before the man in the head protector, who is obviously shaken. Zoom evacuates his veil to uncover Jay's face, considering it a confusion.
- There are numerous references to the movie Jaws in this episode:
- The shark is nicknamed Bruce, the same name as the mechanical shark in Jaws.
- Cisco says "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the suburbs" referencing the Jaws 2 tagline “Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water".
- He states, "We’re gonna need a bigger Flash", referencing the line "We're gonna need a bigger boat" in the original Jaws.
- Cisco also says he should be "playing Quint", referencing a character in the original movie. Harry then points out that Quint dies in the film.
- In addition, two episodes before this, in "", right before Harry, Barry, and Cisco go through the breach to go to Earth-2, Cisco expresses how nervous he is, remarking "I got no spit". Harry believed Cisco to be quoting Jaws.
- This episode marks the first appearance of John Diggle without Oliver Queen. The second was "".
- Wally likens King Shark ripping the roof off the West house to the Kool-Aid Man, known for making an entrance by tearing a hole in the wall of a room.
- This is the first of three episodes of The Flash to feature Lyla Michaels without Oliver Queen, with the second being "", and the third being "".
- Coincidentally, Shay Lamden/King Shark makes significant appearances in all of these episodes as well.
- Tanya Lamden working at Nautilus Laboratories is a reference to the Nautilus from Jules Verne's novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
- A reference to the metal promethium is made, used in the comics to create Cyborg's body and Deathstroke's sword.
- King Shark's "Shay Lamden" identity is new for the show. In the comics, King Shark is Nanaue, the half-human son of a shark deity.
- Near the beginning of the episode, Dig mentions that Lyla has become the new director of A.R.G.U.S. This confirms that this episode takes place sometime after “A.W.O.L.”
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|