Luthor Corp was founded by Lionel Luthor in Metropolis. At some point after his death, the company was passed on to his son, Lex Luthor. Lionel's wife, Lillian, became a board member of Luthor Corp during Lex's tenure as CEO.
In October 2016, following Lex's incarceration, his half-sister, Lena Luthor, took over Luthor Corp and moved its base of operations to National City. She renamed the company to L-Corp, hoping to make a better name for herself after Lex tarnished the reputation of the Luthor name with his criminal activities. Lena held an unveiling of L-Corp to the press, which was attacked by John Corben.
Soon after the company renaming, Lena led the now-reformed L-Corp into one of its first business ventures; the development of an advanced, handheld alien detection device that she intended to supply to the public in preparation for the impending enactment of President Olivia Marsdin’s Alien Amnesty Act; the specialized contraption marketed by L-Corp would allow actual humans to identify human-esque aliens secretly living amongst them on Earth through a DNA test. Lena presented a beta version of the device to Kara Danvers during an interview with CatCo Worldwide Media since the prototype was still being developed by L-Corp's R&D.
After Lena's purchase of CatCo Worldwide Media, she hired Samantha Arias as the acting CEO of L-Corp while the former became familiar with the media conglomerate. Shortly after, Samantha transitioned to being the CFO of L-Corp, though still partially held the CEO position on Lena's behalf.
Under Samantha's leadership, L-Corp completed a merger with JQB. Morgan Edge attempted to undermine the deal by filing an anti-trust lawsuit with the Federal Trade Commission, but Samantha was able to prevent this.
After it was revealed that numerous children in National City fell ill from swimming in a contaminated public pool, L-Corp created a synthetic antidote, which saved everyone who was infected.
Over summer 2018, L-Corp sold many image inducers to extraterrestrials under Lena's direction, in part due to the anti-alien sentiment sweeping through the nation.
- Lena Luthor (owner and CEO)
- Samantha Arias (CEO of Metropolis division, former acting CEO and CFO)
- Jess (receptionist)
- Lionel Luthor (founder, owner, and CEO; deceased)
- Lex Luthor (owner and CEO)
- Lillian Luthor (board member; incarcerated)
- Mercy Graves (head of security; resigned; deceased)
- Otis Graves (member of security; resigned; deceased)
- Alana (assistant; fired)
- Kevin Oh (image inducer chief programmer; deceased)
- Eve Teschmacher (research assistant; revealed to be a spy for Lex Luthor)
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, the company is owned by Lex Luthor and is named LexCorp, although the name "Luthor Corp" was also used in a few cases.
- Also, in the DC comics, the company is located in Metropolis, though divisions of it exist in other cities.