In ancient times, the Greek Fates, comprised of Lachesis and her sisters Atropos and Clotho used to weave the threads of the Loom of Fate. Lachesis was in charge of controlling mortals’ fate during their lives. Because of that, Lachesis was the leader of the Fates. Clotho destroyed the Loom of Fate and scattered its pieces all across the multiverse, wanting mortals to take grasp of their own desired destinies. This drastically diminished her sisters' powers, giving way for Clotho's escape.
After the Crisis and the amalgamation of universes from the original multiverse into what is now known as Earth-Prime, the pieces of the loom all exist on the same plane, restoring Lachesis' powers. She started whispering in Clotho's head, interfering with her shape-shifting and threatening to kill Charlie and her loved ones.
Searching for the Loom of Fate
Lachesis works as a coin maker in Hell, where she formed a bond with Astra Logue, manipulating her into hating John Constantine while feeding information she learned about him to Atropos to aid her in her search for the Loom pieces.
Powers and abilities
- Deity physiology/Bond with the Loom of Fate: Lachesis is a Greek Fate which makes her capable of performing supernatural feats. Specifically, as one of the Fates, the powers of Lachesis are directly linked to the integral status of the Loom of Fate. When it is intact, she is at her full capacity. When it is broken into separate pieces and they are scattered throughout different dimensions and/or universes, her powers are drastically diminished. When its pieces are broken but are in the same plane/dimension/universe, her powers are at near full capacity.
- Sisterly bond: Lachesis can directly communicate with her sister Clotho, albeit via pain-inflicting whispers. This can only be achieved if the pieces of the Loom of Fate exist on the same plane/dimension/universe.
- Teleportation: Lachesis can teleport virtually anywhere with a thought. She was shown to use this power for negligible reasons, even to just cross a room.
- Shapeshifting: As a deity, Lachesis can assume any form she wants. She was able to assume Astra's form.
- Life Manipulation: According to Clotho it was Lachesis's job to determine how long a persons life/thread would be and what their destiny would be.
- Master Manipulator: According to Clotho Lachesis is a can manipulate people into doing what she wants.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- In Greek mythology, Lachesis is, as on the show, the Fate in charge of measuring the threads of fate, determining how long a person would live.