The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "This is my ship, and you will do as I command."
- "Rip? That really you?"
"I don't know who I am anymore, Mr. Jackson."
- —Rip Hunter's subconscious mind and Jax
|After capturing Rip, he forces the Waverider to crash, leaving the Legends stuck seventy million years in the past. Ray leads Amaya and Nate to recover a vital piece of the ship. In an effort to get the "good" Rip back, Rory suggests they enter Rip's mind, but what Sara and Jax discover in his subconscious is not pleasant and they must fight evil versions of themselves. Meanwhile, Nate and Amaya continue to get closer, but it could cause serious ramifications.|
Preparation ran from December 2 until December 12, 2016. Shooting ran from December 13, 2016 until January 9, 2017, with a holiday hiatus from December 19, 2016 until January 2, 2017.
- The title is a direct reference to the television series of the same name which in turn was loosely adapted into the critically panned film.
- The Anansi Totem is revealed to be capable of channeling the spirits of dinosaurs and other extinct animals, as shown when Amaya was able to manifest the powers and communication abilities of a Tyrannosaurus rex.
- The T-rex seen briefly in "" has officially been identified as Gertrude, who developed a grudge against Ray.
- It was confirmed in this episode that Amaya is the grandmother of Mari McCabe, the main protagonist of .
- This is the first Arrowverse episode to not have any guest stars, only co-stars.
- This is the first time Gideon appears in a human form.
- Sara refers to her double in Rip's mind as "Bizarro". In the comics, Bizarro was the evil clone of Superman.
- When the Legends are stranded in 69,997, 983 B.C. and Ray is about to get off the ship, Mick asks why can't he go to Jurassic Park. This is a reference to the Jurassic Park film series.
- When Ray leaves Amaya and Nate in his safe place, Nate says that they are in "Ray's Cast Away camp during dinosaur times". This is a reference to the 2000 film Cast Away.
- Ray tells Nate that he knows Mari, due to their team-up in "", "" and "" of the second season of .
- The way that the Waverider crashes is similar to a scene in Star Wars: The Force Awakens where the Millennium Falcon crash-lands at light speed.
- This is the last episode where Mick wears the outfit he wore since "". Starting with the next episode onwards, he wears a black jacket as his signature outfit.
- Rip's interactions with Gideon in human form in his mind are reminiscent of the Doctor's interaction with the Tardis in human form in the Doctor Who episode The Doctor's Wife
- The way Jax and Sara go into Rip's mind is reminiscent of The Matrix and The Cell, including the button to get out.
- When John Swigert is talking to the NASA doctor, he says he "just [wants] to be on that shuttle". However, Apollo 13 had only a Command/Service Module and a Lunar Excursion Module, not a shuttle.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" •"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.