Larry Ketterly is a businessman residing in New Gotham City.
Some years later, Larry, along with three other businessmen including Crowley, formed Phoenix Industries, Inc. in order to purchase the docklands of New Gotham City, at the behest of Harleen Quinzel, whom he met in the hidden basement of the warehouse to make their plan. He begun picking them off one by one, in order to be the sole owner, thereby allowing Harleen to have total control. He caused one of his partners to leap from a building. The next day, Larry sat beside Crowley at the bus depot and had him think that he was being surrounded by rats, causing him to run into traffic and get hit by a vehicle. He quickly left as a young lady looked in his direction. Before leaving town for the night, he caused his third partner to hang himself in his loft.
Arriving back to New Gotham, he was visited by Helena, who had been trying to sneak in. He caught onto the fact that she was on the case, but unbeknownst to her, he was the murderer, not the victim. He used his powers to send Helena into a dream world, making her slowly stab herself. They were interrupted by Barbara Gordon and Dinah Redmond, the former of whom threw a disc at his head, knocking him down.
Inside the dream world, Larry taunted them, but Helena ultimately awakened, killing the avatar before he could push the knife down further. Because of this, Larry became effectively brain-dead in the real world.
Powers and abilities
- Meta-human physiology: From unknown means, Larry's DNA and cells were altered, enabling him to access his powers.
- Mind control: Larry has the ability to project part of his mind into the mind of another, enabling him to control them to a certain extent.
- Illusion/Fear projection: Larry is able to project illusions into people's minds, such as when he made Crowley hallucinate that he was being overcome by a mischief of rats. This caused the man to run into oncoming traffic in terror, being hit by a car and subsequently dying as a result.
- Indomitable will: Larry mentioned that Helena had a remarkably strong will, making it difficult for him to use his powers on her.
- Mental vulnerability: As seen when Helena Kyle fought back against Larry when he got into her mind, killing him in her head, she permanently destroyed the part of his mind that had gotten into hers. This left him in an unresponsive state, making him that much easier to take into custody.