The team is targeted by The Pilgrim, a deadly assassin who wants to erase the Legends from the timeline by killing their younger, non-superhero selves. As a protective countermeasure, Rip decides Sara, Snart, Rory, Professor Stein and Jax need to kidnap their past selves first before The Pilgrim gets to them. Coming face-to-face with the younger versions of themselves proves to be both a physical and emotional challenge for certain members of the team who would rather forget their past. Rip tells them he has a refuge for their precious cargo – an orphanage that raises future Time Masters and where he himself grew up.
- "I just pulled younger me's head out of his ass."
"I doubt it will stick."
- —Jax helps Mick see that some things cannot be changed
Preparation ran from January 25 until February 2, 2016. Shooting ran from February 3 until February 16, 2016.
- When Ray saves a younger version of Mick Rory, he says, "Come with me if you want to live", referencing a famous quote from the Terminator franchise. Appropriately enough, both this episode and Terminator contain a common factor in that The Pilgrim and Terminator are sent by their employers (Time Masters and Skynet, respectively) to eliminate their targets in various time periods where they represent a great threat for them; in Terminator's case, it's about preventing a human victory in human-machine war in the future, while in this episode, it's about correcting mistakes in the Legends' individual timelines (also because of secret alliance between the Time Masters and Vandal Savage, revealed later on).
- At approximately 31:24, The Pilgrim is holding a multi-functional mouse as a controller.
- Rip points out that he is safe from The Pilgrim due to his real name not being known to the Time Masters, so they cannot track him. Also Kendra is not a target as killing her is pointless due to her reincarnation cycle.
- Although never seen, Anna Loring, Lisa Snart, Quentin Lance, and Clarissa Stein were kidnapped by The Pilgrim as well; only James Jackson is seen kidnapped by her. All five individuals appeared in this episode after their rescue (Anna and Clarissa appearing very briefly, Quentin and James appearing before and after Pilgrim's kidnapping); the only exception is Lisa, who is only pictured.
- The picture of Anna and Ray shown by The Pilgrim is the same picture of them which briefly appeared in the Season 3 episode "".
- Interestingly, The Pilgrim goes after the teenage versions of Mick and Sara, and a version of Ray before he became The Atom while targeting Jax, Stein, and Snart as newborns. It's likely she chose the latter method as the Legends were able to get their past selves to safety on the Waverider.
- The combined powers of Firestorm, the Heat Gun, Cold Gun, A.T.O.M. Exosuit, and Rip's pistol are shown to be capable of reducing a target to nothing but smoking ash.
- The Legends technically shouldn't have had anything happen to them because the idea of an assassin going back in time to kill them would be the grandfather paradox; if the younger versions of the Legends died, the assassin in the future would have no reason to go back in time to kill them.
- The Pilgrim is a loose variation of the character of the same name from DC Comic's imprint Wildstorm; they have some similar powers but very different backgrounds, with the comic version of The Pilgrim having a real name. The latter version is also a member of the Wildstorm team Wetworks.
- When Kendra brings baby Snart to the Waverider, there is a shot of Snart with a pacifier in his mouth, which wasn't present before and disappears in the next shot.
- ↑ An Assassin Targets the Team In New "Legends of Tomorrow" Synopsis - Comic Book Resources
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • ""|