The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "You know, I've been thinking a lot about mom and dad lately, wondering what they would think about the lives we've chosen. All the mistakes they made, all the lies they told in their own very, very messed up way. They thought they were protecting us."
- "They weren't. They didn't."
"No, but it did help us become the people we are today. They turned us into heroes."
- —Thea Queen with Oliver Queen on their family legacy.
|Reunited with his sister, Oliver and Thea find themselves searching through a familiar maze of catacombs. Meanwhile, John and Lyla partner on a special ops mission.|
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
- David Ramsey as John Diggle/Spartan
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
- Katherine McNamara as Mia Smoak/Blackstar
- Ben Lewis as Older William Clayton
- Joseph David-Jones as Connor Hawke
Special appearance by
- Katie Cassidy (credit only)
Special guest star
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels
- Andrea Sixtos as Older Zoe Ramirez
- Charlie Barnett as Older John Diggle, Jr./Deathstroke
- Lexa Doig as Talia al Ghul
- Kyra Zagorsky as Athena
- Malakia Jackson as Sandra Hawke
- Shafin Karim as Abdul Nardoc
- Josh Lyman as Farzad Qadir
- Aiden Stoxx as Young Connor Hawke
- Though she does not appear despite being credited, Katie Cassidy made her directional debut in this episode.
- While not having as many as the previous episodes, this episode has some callbacks and references to previous seasons.
- When John and Lyla talk about their last dance, they reference to the events of "".
- The tomb of Al-Fatih is located atop the same mountain that Oliver dueled Ra's in "". Thea also referred to this event when Thea mentions that Oliver has cheated death a few times.
- The League of Assassins return in a major role in the episode. They also had a major role in Season 3.
- The Thanatos Guild return as the main antagonists of the episode after "".
- Oliver's and Thea's talk by the bonfire is shot very similary to the one they had on Lian Yu in "".
- Oliver mentions to Talia that his students used to ask questions first, as seen in "".
- Oliver also mentions the debt Talia owes him and the death of Jarrett Parker, both of which happened in "".
- When discussing Mia with Oliver, Thea references that she once used the name as an alias while in Corto Maltese. This occurred in "Corto Maltese".
- The brotherly rivalry between Connor and JJ in this episode is similar to the rivalry between John and Andy Diggle, which was a major storyline in Season 4.
- When they enter Al-Fatih's crypt, Thea jokingly references the Indiana Jones franchise.
- After Talia gives the marble with the map on it to Athena, Oliver questions her about it, Talia replies she memorized it and adds to him, "Didn't you," a reference to the 2018 DC film Aquaman.
- This is currently the only episode of Season 8, where Oliver appears, but his suit doesn't in any way.
- This is the second non-penultimate episode that's named after a Bruce Springsteen song. The first was "". In addition, "Leap of Faith" would've been one of two Season 8 episodes to be named after a Springsteen song had "" kept its original title "Livin' In the Future".
|"" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.