The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "What happened to Sara?"
"It's called time drift. The same thing you and Mr. Palmer experienced, albeit on a much lesser scale. If one stays for too long in a foreign time, they begin forgetting their past and who they really are."
- —Rip explains to Kendra how Sara has forgotten her past.
|Ray, Sara and Kendra are shocked after they watch the Waverider fly off without them, leaving them stranded in the '50s. After waiting 2 years for their teammates to come back, the three realize they must move on with their lives. Ray and Kendra bond as a couple but Sara decides to return to the League of Assassins and Ra's al Ghul.|
- This episode shares the same name of 's "". This name can be explained by the presence of Arrow Season 3's main antagonist, Ra's al Ghul, or by the fact that Sara Lance, Kendra Saunders, and Ray Palmer were left behind by the Waverider.
- One of Ray's students is William Gates Sr., the father of Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates.
- Sara's time in the League appears to be a bootstrap paradox.
- When discussing about being stranded in Harmony Falls for two years, Ray mentions how he and Kendra watched on TV The Ed Sullivan Show, a variety show which was broadcast from 1948-71.
- According to Rip, staying in a foreign time for too long causes a time-traveler's memory to start warping. This would be further explained in "".
- The med bay of the Waverider can recreate missing limbs; Snart froze and smashed his hand to get free of some handcuffs, and Gideon later recreates his hand for him.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Ra's al Ghul's daughter, Talia, who would go on two have a major role in Season 5 of Arrow. Talia al Ghul is famously known in the comics as the youngest daughter of Ra's al Ghul, as well as the lover of Batman and mother of their son, Damian Wayne.
- The Shadow Record mentions a member of the League called Fadir Nasser, who in the comics is known as the White Ghost.
- In the comics, the White Ghost's real name is Dusan al Ghul, the only son of Ra's al Ghul.
- The Shadow Record also mentions four other villains from the comics: Malaq, a member of the League who has a single appearance in Detective Comics Vol. 1, issue #750 from November 2000.
- Tigris, a female member of the League who is a minor villainess and ally to Batgirl (Cassandra Cain).
- Tzin-Tzin, a criminal mastermind who is hired by League and enemy to Batman.
- Onyx Adams, a former member of the League and ally of Batman and Green Arrow who is a vigilante in Gotham City and a member of the superhero group Outsiders, and later the leader of Fist Clan.
- Onyx would later appear in the Arrow Season 6 episode "".
- When Ray questioned why Rip didn't attempt to go back to when the Waverider was hijacked, so to spare him, Sara, and Kendra two years in the past, Rip only offers a cop-out excuse.
- Sarah and Kendra are seen playing the modern Game of Life in 1958. While the original Game of Life was released in 1860, the board they are using was not introduced until 1960 and is noted as the 100th anniversary edition.
- One of Ray's physics students in 1960 is revealed to be the father of Bill Gates, William Gates Sr. In real life however, Bill Gates Sr. graduated from the University of Washington in 1950 and was a law student, not a physicist. For him to be at any university at this time as a student would be anachronistic.
- When the Waverider lands in 1960, it lands in an empty space with leaves on the ground. When it takes off, there are several ducks in the area, but a following shot shows the leaves scattering with no ducks anywhere to be seen.
- Rip challenging Ra's to a trial by combat creates a continuity error; in the Arrow Season 3 episode "", which takes place in 2014, Ra's mentioned the last time someone challenged him to a trial by combat was 67 years prior, meaning that he was challenged in 1947. However, in this episode, it was shown that Ra's was challenged in 1960.
- It is possible that Ra's doesn't count 1960 because he wasn't the one who fought Rip's champion.
- This may be also explained by the fact that the Legends had not gone back for this confrontation with Ra's until a year later in 2015 so technically, his challenge in 1960 had not happened at the time.
Preparation ran from December 7 until December 15, 2015. The first part of shooting ran from December 16 until December 19, 2015. The second part of shooting ran from January 3 until January 12, 2016.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.