The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- For other uses of "Legacy", see Legacy.
|After Laurel's death and the departures of both Diggle and Thea from Team Arrow, Oliver takes to the streets solo to protect Star City's citizens as the Green Arrow. With Felicity guiding him from the bunker, Oliver is forced to deal with a city that has become overrun with both criminals and a slew of new (and painfully inexperienced) vigilantes. Watching Oliver try to balance his jobs as both the mayor and also the protector of Star City, Felicity suggests he form a new team, but Oliver resists. However, when a deadly new criminal, Tobias Church, enters the picture, Oliver realizes the best thing for the city might be a new team of superheroes. Meanwhile, the flashbacks take us to Russia where Oliver faces off against the Bratva.|
Preparation ran from June 23 until July 4, 2016. Shooting ran from July 5 until July 15, 2016.
- When Oliver and Thea discuss the former's mayoral duties, Oliver mentions that he learned everything he knows about politics from The West Wing. This is likely a reference to the political drama TV series, The West Wing, which was broadcast from 1999-2006.
- Oliver reminds Thea she once told him "the dead don't want anything". Thea said this in "".
- Oliver breaking the neck of the corrupt cop after freeing himself from the chair mirrors the way he killed his kidnapper in "", along with the line, "I'm sorry, but nobody can know my secret".
- The Green Arrow sketch was made by Neal Adams.
- Felicity slightly misquotes the definition of team on Dictionary.com, stating that a team is "a group of persons associated with a joint action". The original definition states that a team is "a number of persons associated in some joint action" and can be viewed here: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/team.
- Anatoly Knyazev returns in this episode, having not been seen since the Season 2 finale, "".
- This is the first season premiere to not start with Oliver running though a forest. Season 1 and season 2 was on (Lian Yu), season 3 was a line of trees/bushes alongside a train route, and season 4 was a park near Oliver and Felicity's home. This season, it cut straight to Thea at one of Oliver's events as Mayor.
- The cowled, goggled individual who's pictured on Felicity's computer as she's talking to Oliver about crime fighters he could recruit is a DC Comics character known simply as Vigilante, who would become a recurring character this season.
- When Oliver is being attacked by several Solntsevskaya Bratva members as a first step of the initiation, a sign of Vancouver landmark Parker Street Studios is seen in the background, which is a dead giveaway that Krasnoyarsk scenes were actually filmed in Vancouver.
- Oliver reads an article about him from The Star City Star by David Maclean. However, this is impossible since Maclean was confirmed to be one of the casualties of The Undertaking.
- The flashback with Laurel from "" is different from what actually happened; Laurel's line, "Because tonight was just a reminder that anything can happen. Which is why I need you to promise me something.", was changed to "After tonight, I realized anything can happen. Which is why I need you to make me a promise."
- Laurel's hospital bed has none of the side rails up. The upper side rails are always up unless staff is present at the bedside to prevent patients from falling out of the bed.
- Malone refers to Tobias Church's practice of putting coins on the eyes of his victims as his MO. MO (modus operandi) refers to the practical aspects of the crime - how the criminal carries the deed out. The coins are what would be called Church's signature.
- The map behind John shows the countries Croatia and Serbia. However, one can clearly see that the city of Belgrade is in Croatia and the city of Split is in Serbia. In reality, the reverse is actually true; Belgrade is the capital of Serbia, while Split is a city in Croatia, so the map behind John is incorrect.
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
- ↑ ARROW PREMIERE TO FEATURE POLICE SKETCH FROM NEAL ADAMS - CBR
- ↑ ""
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • """ • "|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.