- "Listen, destroying history for personal gain, it's happened to almost everyone here. Rite of passage."
- —Zari Tomaz to Charlie
After Constantine breaks the cardinal Legend rule, you can't change the past, he, along with Charlie and Zari try to deal with the ramifications without telling the rest of the Legends. Even though Zari encourages them to just fix the problem, Constantine and Charlie are determined to find another way, but only continue to make things worse.
Preparation ran from September 17 until September 25, 2018. Shooting began on September 26 and ran until October 9, 2018, with a break on October 8 for Canadian Thanksgiving.
- The episode's title is a direct play on the series' name and the fact that Zari is stuck in the form of a house-cat.
- This episode marks Amy Pemberton's third physical appearance as Gideon in human form. She had previously appeared in "" and "" as a neural projection in a virtual hallucination, along with being featured on a photograph in "".
- In one timeline, she is shown as a fully-human holographic projection, and in another she is shown as an active member of the 'Sirens of Space-Time' along with Sara and Ava; considering her code name of 'Hard Drive', the simplest explanation is that this version of Gideon is essentially the ship's android avatar, much like Rommie in Gene Roddenbery's Andromeda.
- This episode marks the first time the Legends are called "Legends of Tomorrow" on-screen.
- However, Martin Stein previously called them this in the opening monologue of "".
- Thanks to the "Puppets of Tomorrow" timeline, this episode also marks the first appearance of the White Canary suit since "" and the first appearance of the Steel suit since "".
- In one of the timelines, Ray Palmer, Nate Heywood, Mick Rory, and Garima are a group called "Custodians of the Chronology", which may be a parody of the film Guardians of the Galaxy
- Garima's role as a feared swordswoman and the only female founding member resembles that of Guardians member Gamora. The two also have similar names.
- The Custodians' title card sequence is a parody of the title card sequence of the 1984-1987 series Airwolf.
- In another timeline, Sara Lance, Ava Sharpe and Gideon form a group called "Sirens of Space-Time", which is a parody of the Charlie's Angels franchise.
- When Gideon tells the Custodians that they missed a message from Barry Allen, Oliver Queen and Kara Zor-El, Ray says “Sounds like the annual crossover”. This is a reference to the fact that the crossover event aired the same week as the episode did, being broadcast back-to-back with "".
- Nate responds with "That's gonna be a hard pass", referring to the fact that although the last two Arrowverse crossovers included the Legends, they aren't a part of this one.
- They also jokingly said "I bet this year they'll swap costumes.", referring to the life-switch that happened to Barry and Oliver during the crossover, which made them wear each other's superhero suits.
- Both the Custodians and the Sirens referred to the Shape-shifters as their "white whales", referencing the Moby Dick franchise and its characters.
- When Ava is reading Mick's novel in the med bay, it's title is shown to be "Heatwaves", which is a reference to his alter-ego.
- When Charlie and Constantine are trying to explain the alternate timeline to a morose Ava, she replies, "I don't have time for this timey-wimey crap." This is likely a reference to the Tenth Doctor of the BBC series Doctor Who, who often refers to time as "a big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff."
- All the weapons the Sirens took while getting ready for a mission have been used by a current or former member of the Legends' team. Sara took Mick's Heat Gun, Ava got Leonard Snart's Cold Gun and Gideon took Rip Hunter's pistol.
- Upon seeing the Puppets of Tomorrow, Constantine asks, "What the Fraggle Rock is going on here?" referring to the 1983 TV series of the same name.
- ↑ "Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 4.08 - Legends of To-Meow-Meow - Press Release" - SpoilerTV
- ↑ Keto Shimizu (@ketomizu) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|