- "When I lost my Legion ring, I realized how much I depended on it for strength and confidence. I thought it's what made me a hero."
- —Brainiac 5[src]
The Legion rings are Nth metal rings that are used by the members of the Legion to allow them to fly, communicate with each other, oxygen independency, and, under specific circumstances, travel through time. They were used in the 31st century, and early 2018.
Sometime during or before the 31st century, the rings were invented and given to members of the Legion; granting them access to the power of flight, as well as the power to breathe unaided in harsh environments such as the vacuum of space and immunity to telepathic abilities. The rings are made with Nth metal.
During the final battle against Reign and the Children of Juru, Supergirl used Mon-El's Legion ring to fly into space to find a space-time disruption and travel back in time to prevent the deaths of Mon-El, Alura and Samantha Arias.
- Flight: The ring that Brainy invented for the legion has been seen to enable It users the ability to fly through unspecific means. It seems to be activated through a telepathic suggestion, as no thoughts or movements were taken to activate it. It appears that it allows the user to fly in a more hover-like stance rather than the typical vertical form of flying found in Martian Manhunter or Supergirl.
- Telepathy immunity: The ring that Brainy invented for the legion has been seen to give its user the ability to resist telepathic abilities such as when M'yrnn J'onzz loses control in the D.E.O. and cause everyone to display violence towards each other. When Kara had the ring it strengthened her telepathic immunity more than naturally.
- Oxygen independence: The ring can allow it user to breathe unaided in harsh environments like a vacuum of space.
- Time travel: Being able to survive in space allows Kara to travel through time if she finds a temporal disruption in space.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, this item is called the "Legion Flight Ring", engraved with the signature "L" of the Legion of Super-Heroes, a superhero team from the 31st century. Its wearer gets the ability to fly in both atmospheric environments and outer space. In many stories, Superman and Supergirl, as former or reservist Legionnaires, are also seen wearing flight rings. Superman usually keeps his in his Fortress as a reminder of his time spent in the 31st century.
|Other versions of Legion rings|
|To see other versions of this object, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Legion rings.|