After Mallus was freed from his prison, a leprechaun named Red also made his escape and was displaced in Las Vegas, 1962.
Aberrant timeline: In an alternate timeline where Sara Lance was struck down by the unicorn in Woodstock 1969, Red was killed by the Custodians of the Chronology. This event was erased when Charlie killed the unicorn.
Powers and abilities
- Luck magic: Leprechauns are able to bestow yellow glimmers of light, which are invisible to the human eye, to a person and make them lucky.
- Red (status unknown; deceased in an erased timeline)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- The name "leprechaun" is also recognized as an offensive term for Irishmen.
- According to Constantine a leprechaun is obsesses with riches and mischief.
- Though how can be quite beneign, as Red only helped gamblers with his magic.
Behind the scenes
- In the Irish folklore, leprechaun is a type of fairy of the Aos Sí who spend their time making and mending shoes and have a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
- In the comics, Leprechauns were originally a group of Maltusians who left Maltus in search of new worlds, eventually settling on Earth and becoming the Leprechauns of Irish legend.