Light magic works through channeling the positive aspects of the universe for good purposes. Light magic is able to combat Dark magic, which draws on the negative aspects of the universe, due to being it's opposite, though which magic is stronger depends on the quantity of soul power siphoned by a dark mage, the strength of conviction of a light mage, and the inner predisposition of a user of light magic to darkness. All light magic rituals and spells are connected to God, as light magic's holy and divine nature makes it God's prominent magic, who in addition to being it's creator, is also the source of power for light magic users and in addition to granting holy magical powers to those who invoke an incantation that contains his name, God can also grant additional magical strength to those who need it to perform feats that are above their ability to do if their faith is strong enough and can protect other humans should the caster pray for his aid to do so, as God gave Anne Marie Flynn, a practitioner of light magic due to being a nun of the Catholic Church, the power to exorcise a demon as powerful as Pazuzu and protected John Constantine from being permanently possessed by Pazuzu before the exorcism took place when Anne used all of her conviction and faith to pray to God to give her the sufficient power to do so.
Love can be used to enhance one's light magic, as Constantine did it in order to gain enough power to resurrect Nate Heywood.
Light magic's origins are unknown, but it is known that it was created by God, as all magic is Primordial and therefore God created all magic, including light magic. Light magic is in fact God's prominent magic.
This magic is commonly practiced by nuns of the Catholic Church.
Manny has said that as Light magic is God's primary magic, it normally cannot be used by those possessing dark magic but this rule has proven to not be absolute,as Esrin Fortuna and John Constantine, who are both also a user of dark magic, were able to perform light magic as well and after John gave Oliver a tatoo capable of channeling light magic, Esrin was tasked with teaching Oliver how to use this type of magic, but she discovered he had more darkness than light inside him and gave up on teaching him. However, Oliver later used this power against Damien Darhk, after focusing on the memories of hope that his friends on Team Arrow gave him managed to overpower the darkness inside him. This allowed Oliver to protect himself from Damien's magic, forcing the dark sorcerer to flee.
Damien Darhk, after losing his hope of giving his wife a better future through the Genesis project (with Tevat Noah destroyed) re-acquired the Rubicon program which would allow him to destroy the world in nuclear fire. He initiated the launch with the help of Cooper Seldon and led his Ghosts into the city streets, to assist him against the Green Arrow. Oliver was able to channel light magic once again, aided by the belief and hope of the people of Star City, allowing him to defeat Darhk in the final confrontation. 
After Nate Heywood is killed by Neron and Neron in turn was killed by John, with Nate's sacrifice saving Ray Palmer but leaving him and the Legends distraught at his death, Constantine, despite his own mastery and power of magic, was not nearly powerful enough to bring Nate back to life with his own power but then with the realization that Love could be used to power his light magic, Constantine used the staff to channel the love the Legends had for Nate and convert it into an extreme amount of power for his light magic, enough to perform resurrection on Nate.
Powers and abilities
- Dark magic immunity: The user can protect themself against dark power such as life-absorption power of Damien Darhk.
- Divine empowerment: As God is the creator and source of light magic, users of light magic can call upon God's power, allowing that said user to protect themselves or others from demons as powerful as Pazuzu.
- Exorcism: Light magic is frequently used to exorcise people from possession by demons and evil gods such as Pazuzu.
- Resurrection: With a sufficiently large amount of holy power coming from the emotion of Love, it is possible to use light magic to resurrect, as John Constantine was able to channel the love the Legends had for Nate Heywood to resurrect him.
- Inner darkness: If the user of this form of magic has more darkness than light inside their soul; they will only empower their dark magic-using enemy more, but they will also be unable to properly use the Light of the Soul.