|"The multiverse has a way of aligning fates...It's written in the stars and in this book, or I wouldn't know that on this Earth, Clark Kent is Superman. Where I come from, that would be ridiculous. He can't see past his glasses."|
- "Smallville, you made a funny! It's taken you about a decade, but you're getting the hang of it."
- —Lois Lane to Clark Kent[src]
Lois was a famous reporter and had known Clark Kent for about a decade, and had met his alter-ego, Superman publicly for a Daily Planet story. She frequently calls Clark "Smallville" in a joking manner.
At some point, Lois married Clark Kent and they had two daughters.
Lois called out for Clark one day in 2019 when their daughters had made a mess. Clark had then told Lois about an alternate universe Lex Luthor who had told him about the destruction of the multiverse. Lois assumed he was joking and Clark dismissed what he had heard as well.
Lois and Clark were still living happily married, and they have two daughters.
- This incarnation of Lois Lane is played by Erica Durance, who played Lois in the WB/CW television series Smallville from 2004 to 2011 opposite Tom Welling, who played Earth-167's Clark Kent in Crisis on Infinite Earths, also reprising his role from Smallville.
- Lois calling Clark by the nickname "Smallville" was a running gag in Smallville, as Lois is a military general's daughter and older than Clark, and often teased him for growing up a Kansas farm boy, much to Clark's initial annoyance.
- Durance also played Alura Zor-El, the Kryptonian birth mother of Kara Danvers, in the third and fifth season of Supergirl.
- Lois claims Clark has taken "about a decade" to learn cracking a funny joke. However, she first met him in the Season 4 premiere episode of Smallville (which aired on September 22, 2004), which was over fifteen years before their appearance in "" (aired on December 9, 2019).
Behind the scenes
- Showrunner Marc Guggenheim stated that these versions of Clark and Lois still had their happy ending: “I absolutely can confirm that they’re still alive, they’re still living their happy ending.”
|Other versions of Lois Lane (Earth-167)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Lois Lane.|
|Earth: 38 • 75 • 90 • 96 • 167 • F • TUD22|