Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- "Ralph! Just fight it, alright? Fight it. I'll save you."
- "You already did, Barry."
- —Barry begs Ralph not to be taken over by The Thinker
"Lose Yourself" is the eighteenth episode of the fourth season of , and the eighty-seventh episode overall. It aired on April 17, 2018.
|When Barry and Team Flash find a way to enter the Thinker's lair. Ralph considers crossing a dangerous line to defeat DeVoe. Meanwhile, Joe is concerned by Harry's recent behavior.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon/Vibe
- Neil Sandilands as Professor Clifford DeVoe
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison "Harry" Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny/Elongated Man and Professor Clifford DeVoe
- Kim Engelbrecht as Dr. Marlize DeVoe
- Miranda MacDougall as Professor Clifford DeVoe/The Thinker
- Arturo Del Puerto as Edwin Gauss/Folded Man and Professor Clifford DeVoe
- Bethany Brown as Janet Petty
- Leonardo Nam as Matthew Kim
- The title of this episode directly relates to several characters and their respective plot points of the episode: Harry becomes addicted to using the Thinking Cap and in doing so alters his mind and attitude, Caitlin loses her Killer Frost abilities after finally starting to connect with her alter-ego, and Ralph, Edwin Gauss, Matthew Kim and Janet Petty are absorbed by DeVoe.
- The title of this episode is inspired after Eminem's famous hit song "Lose Yourself" from 8Mile.
- Gauss refers to Ralph as "Magnum, P.I.", referencing the TV series of the same name.
- Cisco constructs a model of the USS Enterprise, a starship from the Star Trek franchise. He also uses a Scottish accent, referencing original series character Montgomery "Scotty" Scott.
- When Harry throws around items looking for his Thinking Cap, Cisco calls him "Captain Caveman", referencing the title character from the TV series Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels.
- After Barry knocks Ralph out, Ralph describes him having gone "Thor, son of Odin" on him, using an English accent. This is likely a reference to the Marvel Cinematic Universe character of the same name.
- Cisco describes Joe to have gone "all John McClane" in a speech, referencing the protagonist of the Die Hard franchise.
- When Gauss is describing The Thinker's lair and both DeVoes, he refers to DeVoe as looking like Professor X. This is a reference to the Marvel character Charles Xavier/Professor X.
- DeVoe uses Dwarfstar and Black Bison's powers to enlarge and animate a miniaturized T-rex skeleton and sends it after Ralph, saying "An old friend requests a rematch". This is a reference to the events of "", which featured a confrontation between Ralph and an animated T-rex skeleton, an incident reminiscent of the movie Night at the Museum.
- Before mounting his defense against the T-Rex bones, Ralph says, "Warning, fists in the pipeline are larger than they appear." Similarly, in the original Jurassic Park, when a full-fleshed T-Rex was pursuing a Jeep, the dinosaur appeared in the exterior rear view mirror of the Jeep. The mirror had the warning "Objects in the mirror may be closer than they appear."
- When Ralph and Barry board CCTA405 at the impound yard, the interior advertising panels are lit, but the bus is not running.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|