- "In Lucha libre, every match tells a story. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose so you can rise again. But there are rules, there is a plan."
- —El Cura
"Lucha De Apuestas" is the ninth and midseason premiere episode of the fourth season of , and the sixtieth episode overall. It aired on April 1, 2019.
|When the Legends hear that Mona has let a fugitive go, they must head to 1961 Mexico City to clean up her mess. Mona tries to convince the Legends and the Bureau that the people responsible for releasing the fugitive were some mysterious Men in Black and not her. With no evidence to back up her theory, the Legends must decide if they should trust her and go against the Bureau. Meanwhile, Nate and Zari go on a recon mission to find out what Hank might be hiding from everyone.|
- Brandon Routh as Dr./Captain Ray Palmer
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Charlie
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Jes Macallan as Director Ava Sharpe
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Ramona Young as Mona Wu
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
Special appearance by
- Adam Tsekhman as Agent Gary Green
- Tom Wilson as Hank Heywood
- Darien Martin as Konane/El Lobo
- Frank Gallegos as El Cura
- Susan Hogan as Dorothy Heywood
- Christian Keyes as Neron (possessing Desmond)
- Sisa Grey as Wolfie
- Winnie Hung as Lien Wu
- Peter Chan as Zhao Wu
- Deborah Finkel as Foundation Rep
- Victor Ayala as Announcer
- David Perez as Miguel
- Andres Collantes ad Referee
- Kelly McCabe as Secret Agent
- Andrew Nadanyi as Time Bureau Agent
- Wolsey Brooks as Mysterious Agent
The scene begins with the Time Bureau in mayhem after Mona let out Konane. She's in the clinic after she gets assaulted and Gary shows up to fire her, aside from Mona stills his memory cancellation gadget and utilizations it against him, with the goal that he overlooks the circumstance.
As she get away, Mona sees Konane hanging out by the dumpsters in human attire however the Legends show up. she diverts them with the goal that he can get away and they arrest her. Mona keeps singing that the "Men dressed in Black" are surrounding her for Konane when Gideon makes some noise, saying there's been an erroneous date in Mexico — Konane is presently a luchador.
While Sara, Mick, Constantine, and Mona head to Mexico to recuperate Konane, Zari remains behind to sneak about at the Time Bureau to search for any proof of a coverup of Konane's getaway. After a couple of matches, Mona and Konane departure to a fort while Zari discovers proof that Hank Heywood may have been associated with a coverup — her and Nate consent to do additionally investigate.
Sara, Mick, and John track down Mona and Konane, and the last assaults the gathering of Legends. Sara's ready to curb and detain him upon the Waverider as Zari illuminates Sara that Mona was correct and Hank's associated with a coverup. As Sara's conversing with Zari, Ava brings in and finds Sara's in control of Mona and Konane and the two have an altercation.
Soon thereafter, everybody starts to show up at a pledge drive that the Heywoods are facilitating. As Hank acknowledges an honor at the pledge drive, Zari figures out how to pickpocket his telephone and affirms that he concealed the getaway Konane.
While Nate, Zari, and Sara are at the pledge drive, Ray acknowledges Konane needs to wrestle once again else it will change the course of Mexican history. The Time Bureau finds that out and Ava composes an extraction group to take Konane and Mona from Mexico. Konane's amidst his last battle when the Time Bureau extraction group enters the office and a hard and fast fight results among them and the Legends. Konane can escape once more.
Mona's going to send him back to Hawaii when a maverick Time Bureau operator shoots the wolfman without blinking. Konane's homicide makes Mona transform into a werewolf and that is the place the scene closes.
The resistance of the Legends causes a gigantic break among Ava and Sara, which apparently makes the two split up.
It at first shows up Nate helped his father outline Mona, yet he's going covert with his own dad to accumulate more intel.
Preparation ran from September 27 until October 5, 2018. Shooting ran from October 9 until October 19, 2018, with a break on October 8 for Thanksgiving.
- The episode's title refers to a practice in professional Mexican wrestling in which a wrestler will offer up a wager, usually their mask, or hair in the case of unmasked wrestlers, to settle a feud.
- This episode aired nearly 4 months after the previous episode, "", marking the longest hiatus in Arrowverse history (outside of between-season hiatuses).
- Mona gives several references to the cult classic The X Files, like the truth is out there.
- Ray responds saying "Okay, Fox, okay Fox" using the name Fox Mulder from that series.
- The Wilhelm scream is used when a Time Bureau agent flies past Constantine.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|