- "Becky, this isn't some higher power fixing a miscalculation. You have powers. And they're affecting everyone around you, making them feel as awful as you used to feel."
- "I'm sorry about that. But, maybe it's just their turn. Maybe for once, everyone else can feel for a second how bad I felt my entire life."
- —Barry Allen and Becky Sharpe
|Barry and the team are hit by a string of bad luck and realize it is the handiwork of a new meta, Becky nicknamed Hazard, who has the ability to give others bad luck, while cashing in the benefits for herself. Meanwhile, Harry Wells returns to Earth-1 to give Wally a message from Jesse.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West
- Neil Sandilands as The Thinker
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harry Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Danielle Nicolet as Cecile Horton
- Kim Engelbrecht as Marlize DeVoe
- Dominic Burgess as Ramsey Deacon
- Sugar Lyn Beard as Becky Sharpe/Hazard
- Chelsea Kurtz as Mina Chaytan
Special appearance by
- Matt Afonso as Weeper
- Bernard Cuffling as Priest 2
- Beau Daniels as Priest
- Hannah Drew as Bank teller
- Ryan Elm as Plumber
- Chris Foxon as Pilot
- Michael Girardin as Sweaty gambler
- Zac Klassen as Muscular gambler
- Henry J. Mah as Dealer
- Amitai Marmorstein as Kenny
- Tyler McConachie as Co-pilot
- Gary Peterman as Security guard
- Bodhi Scarborough as Chad
- Daniel Whittaker as Uber driver
In flashbacks, the Thinker observes Becky Sharpe, a woman with seemingly unending bad luck, and determines that she will be easily manipulated. In the present, Becky robs a bank, and gets away when Barry slips on marbles.
Cisco deduces that Becky is a metahuman with the power of favorable luck while inducing misfortune to others. Barry realizes that the portal he used to escape the Speed Force exposed an entire busload of people, including Becky and Deacon, to transformative dark matter.
Harry informs Cisco that Jesse has expelled him from her crime-fighting team due to his attitude. Becky's powers expand out of control, reactivating the particle accelerator, which Harry deliberately allows, nullifying Becky's powers and leading to her incarceration.
Cisco and Harry identify twelve new metahumans created on the bus, and the latter suspects that an unknown party has manipulated events surrounding Barry's return.
Wally decides to leave on a journey to find himself following his breakup with Jesse.
- The title is a reference to the song of the same name, featured in the musical Guys and Dolls. The song was played in the episode when Becky robbed the bank, as sung by Frank Sinatra.
- During a skirmish in a game of laser tag, Cisco yells, "You have failed this city!", the former catchphrase of the Arrow.
- The break-up cube is made of Atlantean plastic, a reference to Atlantis (which exists above water on Earth-2); the home of the superhero Aquaman in DC comics.
- When the plumber goes to describe the West house, Joe suggests the word "bitchin'", a throwback to the season premiere, "", in which they decode a message from an entranced Barry that seemingly says "this house is bitchin'".
- Wally decides to leave Central City and heads to Blue Valley. In the comics, Blue Valley is Wally's original home.
- The sequence with the airplane and the geese and the old man is reference to Chesley Sullenberger and the US Airways Flight 1549.
- Becky's blackjack dealer uniform is a reference to Hazard's suit in the DC Comics.
- Cisco's shirt reads "Haikus are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator", the title of a book by Eve Emelia.
- Barry tells Team Flash, "We make our own luck." This could be a reference to Harvey Dent aka Two-Face's quote in The Dark Knight: "I make my own luck".
- Harry Wells is stated to have "total recall", even though he has forgotten things in the past before.
- When tracking down the source of the dark matter, Cisco says that it's not even an intersection. However, they are clearly standing at an intersection.
- ↑ ""
|"" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|