- "Let them eat cake!"
- —Marie Antoinette[src]
Marie Antoinette once owned a gilded vase, which survived the passage of time and was kept in a museum in Gotham City, until a situation with Batwoman and her batarang accidentally broke the priceless artifact.
Marie grew up in Vienna. At age 14, Marie was forced to leave her own family.
She would often attend and/or throw parties, always wearing haute couture dresses with a pinup hairdo. People misconstrued her to be a spoiled brat, when in actuality, she was only a lonely girl trying to fit into French society.
Encore and death
After being resurrected by Astra Logue, Marie Antoinette assumed her position as the Queen of France once more and threw a party in order to enact revenge on those who had killed her – via a magical perfume, only to end up imprisoned on the Waverider.
Later, furious about her failure, Astra dragged Marie Antoinette back into Hell.
One more time
Lachesis brought Marie, with various other Encores, back to life again to have them kill the Legends; Marie showed a particular hatred for Mick Rory. During the battle, Marie's head came off (again) and she was helpless on the floor. Using a hell weapon, the Legends returned her to Hell.
Powers and abilities
- Superhuman strength: Marie's decapitated body was able to break the bonds that were strapping it to a bed.
- Hand to hand combat: Despite wearing a dress, Marie was shown to be skilled in hand to hand combat. She nearly stabbed Rory and was able to briefly overpower Astra with a wrestling hold before her head got knocked off by Nate.
- Magical perfume: After leaving Hell and returning to Earth as an encore, Marie Antoinette would acquire a magical perfume that she would use to attract people to her and kill them by having them consume an excessive quantity of cake. The nature of this perfume is comparable to the apparent curse placed upon Helen of Troy.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Marie Antoinette bears a striking resemblance to Nora Darhk.
- She is the only Encore to fight the Legends twice.