- For the eponymous in-universe film, see Meet the Legends (documentary).
- "So you're shooting a documentary about the Legends?"
- —Sara Lance questioning the documentary about the Legends
|Sara, Ray, and Mick are shocked to discover that the Legends have become famous. It seems that everyone except Sara is loving the spotlight, so much so that they invite a documentary crew on board the Waverider to film them as they investigate a strange new blip in the Timeline. The Legends discover that their new problem is none other than Rasputin, who happens to be straight out of hell, and it might be tougher than they thought. Meanwhile, Constantine thinks he knows the reason behind these new blips and informs the team that it won’t be easy to defeat.|
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Charlie
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Jes Macallan as Ava Sharpe
- Courtney Ford as Nora Darhk/Fairy Godmother
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Adam Tsekhman as Gary Green
- Sisa Grey as Wolfie
- Shayan Sobhian as Behrad Tarazi
- Michael Eklund as Grigori Rasputin
- Adam Beauchesne as Kevin Harris
- Callum Airlie as Edgar
- Paul Batten as Senator Wellington
- Ryan Elm as Tsar Nicholas II
- Luisa Jojic as Tsarina Alexandra Romanova
- Clare Flipow as Nurse
- Gregory Tunner as Giant Bouncer
- Kougar Vakarian as Monk
- Harrison MacDonald as Masher
Ever since the opening of Heyworld and defeating a demon with the help of a dragon on National TV, the Legends have become a worldwide obsession. But after the Time Bureau being shut down, Ava had to fight to keep the Waverider from being impounded, and that's why Kevin Harris and his crew is here to see what the Legends do. Each Legend had an interview with the crew.
- Ava revealed that the crew are here to keep the Waverider from being impounded.
- Nate says that when you are a superhero slash amusement park impresario, slash historian that rises from the dead, your dance card tends to get pretty full.
- Behrad reveals that he is from 2044, and his birthday was yesterday.
- Charlie takes the jumpship for a joyride.
- Mona is now the agent of Rebecca Silver.
- Gary claims to be fully forgiven, and released her fairy godmother after granting him his wish to become John Constantine's apprentice.
- Ava also reveals that she haven't told Sara about the documentary yet.
As the Legends get ready to celebrate the defeat of the Anti-Monitor and the return of Sara, Ray and Mick. Ava tells the Legends to not mention Oliver Queen because he died. The Legends welcome the members of their team back who participated in and Ava explains the crew to Sara. Kevin greets Sara and tells her to pretend that the crew aren't even here. He also tells her if she wants to say something private, she should do a confessional interview. Sara, Mick and Ray then answer some questions. Sara says Ava has lost her mind. Mick answers that he steals stuff. Ray reveals the Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman and Superman also saved the Multiverse. They then travel to the temporal zone.
In the temporal zone, Ray does his confessional interview.
Preparation ran from July 3 until July 12, 2019, with a break on July 4 for American Independence Day. Shooting ran from July 15 to July 25, 2019.
- Mick gives his identity as novelist Rebecca Silver to Mona, deciding to return to thieving, which implies that Brigid's diary no longer seems to be able to help his imagination.
- It seems the Waverider cannot fabricate money (counterfeit), as the Legends are now self-funded via Mick's robbery skills.
- Additionally, why they need it is unknown; in the first two seasons, the Legends didn't need money.
- Technically and legally, the government has no right to take the Waverider from the Legends, as it was originally Rip Hunter's and the Legends' property.
- When the Legends claim the documentary is fake, Mona adds that the visual effects are questionable. This is a fourth-wall joke referencing the low budget of the show and complaints about the visual effects by audiences since the first season.
- Nate states that something is wrong with the post-Heyworld timeline just as Tala Ashe's name appears in the opening credits.
- In one scene, Behrad suggest that he and Nate should watch How Stella Got Her Groove Back.
- Behrad tells his infant-self to "be easy and go with the flow" like Wu-Tang Clan and Bruce Lee.
- Nate's first restored memory of Zari is her stuffing her face with donuts, which is a reference to a well-known scene in "". Ironically, Nick Zano was not featured in that episode.
- During different points in the episode, a bugged Gideon says different things which referenced the previous events of Zari, proving Behrad's guess that Gideon is suffering from the input of another timeline instead of (as was originally assumed) a virus.
- She says that the "jumpship is fully totem-ed" (a reference to Zari wielding the Air Totem in the original timeline/multiverse
- She accidentally says "Wickstable" and "Captain Cat" (a reference to the dragon named Wickstable and when Zari was turned into a cat in "")
- She says "it appears my Jonah Hex has Beebo love love love you" (a reference to when Zari got attracted by Jonah Hex and the Legends using the Totems to create a giant Beebo in order to stop Mallus in "")
- She tells Sara that she has "an incoming Bollywood" (a reference to when Zari performed a Bollywood number in "").
- She says "perhaps time loop loop release her from Marion Ravenwood" (a reference to Zari's time loop simulation in ""). Additionally, the sentence also references the character Marion Ravenwood from Indiana Jones
- Also, this is the first time such phenomenon occurs, even though there were already several timeline shifts involving Legends (although, it can be claimed none has been as drastic).
- During the opening scene, as the director Kevin Harris talks about the events of the season four finale (""), several YouTube creators are shown reacting to the footage; they are Blind Wave, Free Bicycle Tours, abnormallyadam, and Married2theReal.
- abnromallyadam's background is blurred, as behind him are several Funko Pops belonging to various licenses.
- During the episode a news ticker states that Ryan Reynolds will star in a live action Detective Beebo movie; this is a reference to the 2019 film Detective Pikachu which starred Ryan Reynolds as the titular character.
- Caity Lotz has revealed that she and Jes Macallan improvised Sara kissing Ava and making her swoon.
- Ray exploding through Rasputin to defeat him could be seen as a nod to the Justice League story "Cry for Justice", in which Ray's main attack method is to shrink inside of people to cause excruciating pain. It could also be a reference to "Thanus", a popular MCU meme theorizing that the Avengers would defeat Thanos by having Ant-Man shrink into Thanos' butt and enlarge inside of him to kill him.
- If you call 646-396-8703 (the number on Constantine's business card), you will receive a voice message from Adam Tsekhman as Gary.
- Sara compares Rasputin's attempt to kill the Romanow family with the Red Wedding, a notable event in the TV series Game of Thrones.
- Illustrator Lord Mesa has for a long time done fanart of the Arrowverse shows, with official accounts acknowledging his work. The work made cameo as the drawing of Oliver and the Lance sisters that Behrad gives Sara.
- A slightly more extreme example- the opening montage contains clips from real-world reaction channels on YouTube, showcasing their reactions to last season's finale. In the case of Blind Wave (the creators on the top right), they were contacted in August of 2019 for permission to use their footage but were under NDA to talk about it, and additionally were not aware whether their involvement had made it into the final episode until watching it themselves.
- The magazine featuring a cover article about Ray having been possessed by Neron (Flux) is likely a reference to the real-world Time magazine.
|"" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|