- For other uses of "Metallo", see Metallo.
At some point, an unidentified male individual from Earth-X (possibly the counterpart of John Corben) was transformed into Metallo, a cyborg powered by a Kryptonite core. He was used as part of the SS strike force of the New Reich, led by Führer Oliver and General Kara. Metallo was sent to Earth-1 to help the generals take down the local superheroes. Metallo was extremely effective, instantly knocking out Kara Danvers with a single beam of Kryptonite radiation and Firestorm with a single punch.
Metallo continuously assisted the Schutzstaffel leadership, stopping Felicity Smoak and Iris West when the two tried to help Kara escape from S.T.A.R. Labs and brought them to Führer Oliver. Metallo later tried to stop some members of the Legends, Team Arrow, and Team Flash, who arrived to liberate S.T.A.R. Labs. However, he was overwhelmed by the powerful energy from their all-out attack and soon killed.
Metallo appeared to be emotionless, rendered to nothing more than a machine, hardly acting any different than a robot.
Powers and abilities
- Cyborg physiology: Metallo is a powerful cyborg powered by a Kryptonite core.
- Enhanced strength: As a cyborg, Metallo's strength was increased with a metallic body.
- Enhanced durability: As a cyborg, Metallo could take much more damage than a normal human.
- Enhanced stamina: As a cyborg, Metallo's natural stamina levels were increased considerably, allowing him to fight and remain active for long periods of time without becoming fatigued.
- Kryptonite beam: Metallo was able to fire a green energy beam of Kryptonite radiation. One sustained blast had shown to cause extreme pain to Supergirl.
- Limited durability: The combined might of Cisco Ramon's vibrational blasts, Dinah Drake's sonic scream, Mick Rory's Heat Gun, Firestorm's nuclear blasts, Ray Terrill's light energy blasts, Killer Frost's ice blasts, and Amaya Jiwe's totem was enough to overwhelm Metallo, reducing him to a pile of broken metallic body parts.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Metallo's death is similar to that of The Pilgrim, as both were killed by a combination of various individuals' powers or abilities, being attacked from all sides all at once.
- Having no noticeable human parts yet still referred to as a cyborg, it is likely that Metallo's brain (or at least some parts of it) was still human.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics continuity, Metallo debuted in Action Comics #252 (May, 1959) and was created by Robert Bernstein and Al Plastino. He frequently appears as an enemy of Superman and he is mostly known for his cybernetic body parts and the Green Kryptonite he uses as an energy source.
- This version of Metallo has visual similarities both to most of the character's appearances in the comics, and also to Grid, an evil living computer program created from Cyborg's systems that became a member of the "Crime Syndicate", a team of villainous counterparts of the Justice League, similar to Earth-X's SS generals being Nazi-affiliated superheroes.
- This version of Metallo is voiced by Frederick Schmidt, who portrayed John Corben on , implying that the characters are counterparts.
|Other versions of Metallo (Earth-X)|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Metallo.|
|Earth: 38 • X|