Metropolis is a major city in the United States. It's noted to be one of the largest and wealthiest cities in the world, owing largely to the fact that it is the adopted hometown of Metropolis' favorite son, Superman. Although its exact location is unknown, Metropolis seem to be facing northward onto the East Coast.
- LuthorCorp: Owned and headed by Lex Luthor, the company is one of the most powerful multi-billion-dollar corporations on the planet and it's main office, or one of the main office, is in Metropolis.
- Man of Tomorrow Prize: A prestigious humanitarian prize awarded every year to the world's greatest humanitarian with a massive ceremony usually held in Metropolis.
- Metropolis University: A prestigious university in Metropolis. It is where Sophie Moore's cousin studied medicine.
At some point in the past Superman emerged as a vigilante in Metropolis. the Daily Planet's popularity skyrocketed, with the superhero often being featured on their stories. Photojournalist James Olsen took the 1st photo of Superman.
In 2015, the Man of Tomorrow Prize was awarded to Lex Luthor. Around this same period, the billionaire industrialist also started to have a conflict with Superman, resulting in several encounters and an obsession to destroy him, however he was never caught by the public for this actions.
In January 2020, Lex received the Man of Tomorrow Prize for the second time, although in this occasion the ceremony was held in National City rather than Metropolis. Later that month, after Oliver Queen's funeral, John Diggle moved to Metropolis with his wife and kids.
- Samantha Arias
- John Diggle
- John Diggle, Jr.
- Sara Diggle
- Clark Kent
- Jonathan Kent
- Jonathan Kent's brother(s)
- Lois Lane
- Lyla Michaels
- Sophie Moore's cousin
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Metropolis is known as the "City of Tomorrow".
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Metropolis is the home of the hero known as Superman. Metropolis is located in the Northeastern United States, in close proximity to Gotham City, with the majority of DC comics references placing Metropolis specifically in Delaware.
- In real life, Metropolis, Illinois, has been proclaimed the "hometown of Superman" by the Illinois State Legislature, and the town celebrates its "local hero" with a large Superman statue in the city, a Superman museum, an annual Superman festival, and its local newspaper, The Metropolis Planet, being named after The Daily Planet. A version of the town has appeared in Adventures of Superman #515, as a city whose citizens idolize the hero who lives in their 'sister' city.
- According to Cisco Ramon's map of Earth-Prime, Metropolis seems to be a northeastern U.S. city located on the East Coast, in the state of Delaware.
- Metropolis is somewhere south of both Happy Harbor (RI) and New York City (NY).
|Other versions of Metropolis (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Metropolis.|
|Earth: 1 • 38 • 75 • 96 • 167 • 203 • N52|