Metropolis is a major city in the United States. It's noted to be one of the largest and wealthiest cities in the world, owing largely to the fact that it is the adopted hometown of Metropolis' favorite son, Superman. Although its exact location is unknown, Metropolis seem to be facing northward onto the East Coast.
- Man of Tomorrow Prize: A prestigious humanitarian prize awarded every year to the world's greatest humanitarian with a massive ceremony usually held in Metropolis.
- Metropolis University: A prestigious university in Metropolis. It is where Sophie Moore's cousin studied medicine.
- Clark Kent
- Lois Lane
- Jonathan Kent
- Jonathan Kent's brother(s)
- John Diggle
- Lyla Michaels
- Sara Diggle
- John Diggle, Jr.
- Sophie Moore's cousin
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Metropolis is known as the "City of Tomorrow".
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Metropolis is the home of the hero known as Superman. Metropolis is located in the Northeastern United States, in close proximity to Gotham City, with the majority of DC comics references placing Metropolis specifically in Delaware.
- In real life, Metropolis, Illinois, has been proclaimed the "hometown of Superman" by the Illinois State Legislature, and the town celebrates its "local hero" with a large Superman statue in the city, a Superman museum, an annual Superman festival, and its local newspaper, The Metropolis Planet, being named after The Daily Planet. A version of the town has appeared in Adventures of Superman #515, as a city whose citizens idolize the hero who lives in their 'sister' city.
- According to Cisco Ramon's map of Earth-Prime, Metropolis seems to be a northeastern U.S. city located on the East Coast, in the state of Delaware.
- Metropolis is somewhere south of both Happy Harbor (RI) and New York City (NY).
|Other versions of Metropolis (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this location, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Metropolis.|
|Earth: 1 • 38 • 75 • 96 • 167 • 203 • N52|