- "I am the Assistant Coordinator of Creature Upkeep. It's my job to take care of magical beings. Let him go!"
- —Mona Wu[src]
Mona Wu is a former delivery girl working in the Washington, D.C. area who frequently brought food for Gary Green at the Time Bureau. She served as the Bureau's official Assistant Coordinator of Creature Upkeep until being fired. After being scratched by Konane, she developed a Kaupe split personality, nicknamed Wolfie by Charlie, and decided to join the Legends.
As a delivery girl, Mona discovered that Gary Green and Nate Heywood were working for the Time Bureau but they lied and said it was in charge of time zones. The next day she delivered food to them and tried to suggest horizontal time zones to Gary who loved the idea but was forced to wipe her memory of the situation.
Working for the Time Bureau
After getting permission from her new boss to enter the prisons and peacefully interact with the fugitives, Mona entered the cage of the Kaupe whom she had helped the boys sedate and whom she had recently developed feelings for. During her scheduled visits, she began to bond with the Kaupe, telling him stories about her day, and she was shocked at how good of a listener he was. After receiving a pep talk from Nate (who was actually trying to set her up with Gary), she decided to confess her feelings to the Kaupe. To Mona's surprise, he introduced himself as Konane, whose name she translated and complimented. Konane stepped forward, seeming to like her back, but he suddenly caught the smell of pursuers. He pushed Mona out of the cell and was attacked by two strange men in black suits. Mona hid behind a desk and watched as he was tasered and chained up. Konane quickly gestured for her to stay down before being dragged into a parking garage. Mona followed them and confronted them as they were loading Konane into the back of a truck. She moved towards Konane, telling the men that it was her job to care for magical beings, but she was violently pushed back. Konane, angry at them for trying to hurt Mona, escaped from his chains and bit into one of the men. Mona begged Konane not to hurt the men, but he went on a rampage, attacking them and accidentally slashing Mona in the chest before escaping at her advice.
As Mona was slowly suffering from her injury, John Constantine went back in time and broke up with his ex-boyfriend Desmond, saving the latter's life but having catastrophic effects on the timeline, which manifested as a time wave and hit the Time Bureau. A blinding flash of light from the explosion struck Mona, leaving her frozen in midair as the new timeline settled in.
The timeline destroyed
With brief assistance from Mona's alternate self, Constantine was able to restore Desmond's love for him, setting the timeline back to its proper course. However, due to the return of her chest wound by Konane, Mona was sent to a hospital.
Joining the Legends
While in the hospital, Gary arrived to fire her and attempted to erase her memories. However, Mona was able to overpower him and steal his memory eraser and uses it against him so that he forgets all about the situation. After she escaped, Mona noticed Konane hiding out by the dumpsters and she helps him escape. After being taken into custody by the Legends, they are informed that Konane has caused an anachronism in Mexico.
Mona joins the Legends on their mission and manages to reunite with Konane's until Sara subdued and imprisoned him on the Waverider. After the Legends helped Konane overpower the group of Time Bureau agents that Ava sent to retrieve Konane, Mona and Konane were able to escape again. Just as Mona was about to send him back to Hawaii where he belonged, a Bureau agent fatally shot Konane. Konane's murder caused Mona to turn into a Kaupe-like creature and she killed the agent, after which she turned back to normal. Mick Rory came upon Mona with her clothes torn, mourning over Konane's corpse.
Mona is childish and immature, prone to attempting to kill others when she's angry, as she did with Jane Austen, who she had blamed for making her a fool according to Jane and herself, who thought love would conquer all obstacles. She is excitable, especially due to love; she showed this when she tried to hook Ray and Nora together and later Nate, and Zari. She is also somewhat nosy, as seen when she tried reading Zari's texts.
Initially, Mona seemed exceedingly aggressive and not entirely in control of her emotions or actions whilst in her wolf form, violently murdering a man for killing Konane. This was likely due to her transformation being triggered by extreme duress, however, it was later revealed that Mona is almost completely aware of her actions while in her wolf form, although she is made much more feral in nature. She is capable of speaking in coherent English and understanding it perfectly. When she attacked Sara Lance and John Constantine, Mona was completely aware that they were (supposedly) her allies, having attacked them due to her frustrations with them, which had been heightened while in her Kaupe form. 
Powers and abilities
- Human-Kaupe hybrid physiology: After being scratched by Konane, Mona physiology was change and was able to use the following powers.
- Transformation: Mona is able to transform herself into a Kaupe-like creature when upset. This is due to a scratch that she received from Konane.
- Superhuman senses: Thanks to Wolfie, even in her human form, Mona has an enhanced sense of smell, as she is able to smell Nate's scent on Zari.
- Animal/Creature care: As a former caretaker of fugitives, Mona is gentle and knows how to peacefully interact with them. She was even able to make physical contact with Baba Yaga, which caught the eye of Hank Heywood.
- High-level intellect/Knowledge of magical creatures: A big reader, Mona was able to list the favorite foods of three fugitives without hesitation, impressing Nate Heywood.
- Multilingual: Mona is capable of speaking English, Cantonese, and some Spanish. She also began learning Hawaiian to communicate with Konane, one of her clients at the Time Bureau.
- Singing: Mona is a talented singer, as she successfully removed the Legends from Sunjay's Bollywood performance by singing to Zari Tomaz and convincing her to give up the amulet of Kamadeva, thus ending the number.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Behind the scenes
- Mona's name is likely a reference to Ramona Young, the actress who portrays her.
- Mona was originally named Alaska Yu.
- Mona is the fourth completely original main or recurring character on after Ava Sharpe, Gary Green, and Charlie, having no known counterpart in or relation to any DC Comic.