"Monster" is the fifth episode of the third season of , and the fifty-first episode overall. It aired on November 1, 2016.
|Desperate to understand what is happening to her, Caitlin visits her mother, Dr. Tannhauser, a renowned biomedical researcher, in the hopes that her mother can provide some answers about Caitlin's growing meta-human powers. However, when Dr. Tannhauser treats her daughter like a test subject, Caitlin grows cold and brings up past wounds causing the two to have a major blowout. Meanwhile, after a mysterious new meta-human attacks Central City, Barry tries to convince Julian to let him assist on the case.|
Without informing the others, Caitlin visits her estranged mother, Carla, at her clinical think-tank to have her forces inspected, however leaves after violently assaulting another researcher who planned to misuse her condition. In the interim, a massive animal more than once shows up and vanishes in the city of Central City. Cisco becomes dubious of the recently selected H. R. at the point when he doesn't give a lot of help in doing combating the beast. The beast is uncovered to be just a 3D image worked by a harassed 15-year-old kid needing to make dread in others. Barry uncovered the double dealing so as to keep police expert sharpshooters from hurting regular citizens and keeps Julian from shooting the kid, whom he confuses with a metahuman. H. R. is uncovered to have no specialized information by any stretch of the imagination. He concedes that he is just a "thought man" for his tech organization on Earth-19 and that he came to Earth-1 principally to get material for a novel. The group chooses to allow him to demonstrate his value as a right hand. A gravely shaken Julian accommodates his disparities with Barry. Carla educates Caitlin that her forces are expanding and that she needs to quit utilizing them or her condition will get irreversible.
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West
- Tom Cavanagh as H.R. Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
Special appearance by
- A photograph of Eddie Thawne can be seen on the wall at CCPD.
- Cisco makes yet another Star Wars reference in this episode, but H.R. does not catch on. This is the same reference made by Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War.
- When Cisco mentions Empire, H.R. believes that he was referring to Empire of the Sun. It's unknown if both films co-existed in Earth-1.
- When Barry says that he "always wanted to be a Jedi" when attempting to take down the monster like the AT-AT was taken down in Empire, he is referencing the actions of the Jedi Luke Skywalker.
- This is the only episode of the season to feature Patrick Sabongui (David Singh).
- In the beginning of the episode when H.R. is handing out the coffee, he mentions that coffee from his Earth "was wiped out by blight", which is exactly what happened to coffee in the alternate universe in the sci-fi series Fringe.
- H.R. mentions that on Earth-19, Hitchcock made a film titled Murder on the Titanic. In 1939, Alfred Hitchcock gave an interview to a British film journal in which he said that he hoped to make a film about the sinking of the RMS Titanic as his first Hollywood production. However, the film was never made and Rebecca became Hitchcock's first Hollywood film.
- HR quotes "We all did it! Who cares!? We're drowning!"
- Julian mentions that he comes from a wealthy English family. This is an allusion to his most famous role as Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter series, where the character also comes from a wealthy English family.
- If that column of material was 2,000°C, Caitlin and her mother would not have been able to stand as close to it as they were without getting burned.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|