- "What happened to you on that island?"
- —Mr. Blank shocked at Oliver's hand-to-hand combat skills[src]
"Mr. Blank" (died 2013) was an assassin hired by Edward Rasmus.
Edward Rasmus sent Mr. Blank to kill the Moore family after they were going to sue him for stealing their life savings. Blank successfully killed the parents, Eric and Nancy Moore, but their son Taylor escaped. He made a second attempt, going after the boy in Laurel's apartment after killing the cops guarding the place. There, he encountered the Hood, however, he managed to escape as the Hood seemingly held back, not wanting to kill him in front of Tommy. Later on, he met with his client in jail and killed him due to his client having seen his face.
Eventually,Blank went to the Queen Mansion in search of Taylor, which led to a fight with Oliver. After an intense battle, Oliver killed him with a poker, but said it was the work of bodyguard Mr. Robbins, despite Blank having killed Robbins earlier.
Mr. Blank was a pure psychopath, exhibiting all classic traits; a lack of conscience, lack of remorse/empathy and a complete emotional detachment from anyone or any thing; for whatever reason, he seems to take part in forming a conversation with his targets. He had a rule against people seeing his face, especially the ones who hired him.
Mr. Blank goes about murder with a sense of normalcy, and if he enjoys it, it is not sadistically. He had no qualms killing children, wives or anyone.
- Keen intellect/Skilled tactician: Mr. Blank had knowledge of deadly pressure points, which he used to kill Edward Rasmus, and tried to use on Oliver Queen. He was able to kill his targets in their homes, infiltrating the heavily guarded Queen Mansion by using a delivery boy as a decoy.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Mr. Blank was an expert hand-to-hand combatant who could almost keep up in a fight with Oliver.
- Expert marksman: Mr. Blank's weapon of choice was a silenced automatic pistol. He displayed a standard level of skill at using it.
- Stealth: Mr. Blank was able to move quietly and was almost able to surprise Oliver.
Behind the scenes
- Mr. Blank's role was originally going to be filled by the DC character, Onomatopoeia, but the decision was made by Andrew Kreisberg that this character wouldn't translate well from page to screen, in accordance with statements from Kevin Smith. Like Onomatopoeia, Mr. Blank is an assassin armed with a silenced automatic pistol as his primary weapon but no sniper rifle or knife.
- Mr. Blank's calm and almost emotionless personality, looks, and methods resemble another DC character, the second Tally Man.
- ↑ ""