Mur is an underling of General Astra.
Mur and Gor confronted the Hellgrammite in a warehouse for stealing DDT, and making himself known. When told by the Hellgrammite that he had to eat, Gor told him that Astra had promised that she'd take care of all of their needs in exchange for loyalty. After the Hellgrammite told them that he preferred to go in alone and didn't want to be a part of whatever they were planning, Gor told him that he could tell Astra, with Astra arriving directly after.
Sometime later, Mur, Gor and Astra knocked Supergirl out of the sky, the former two attempting to take her prisoner, but she was able to escape. Following that, Mur and his fellow Kryptonians attacked Lord Technologies. They were ambushed by the D.E.O., one of whose agents Mur burnt through with his heat vision.
Like every member of Astra and Non's army, Mur was presumably put under suspended animation into Fort Rozz prior to Non and Indigo's final confrontation with Supergirl and the Martian Manhunter, and subsequently pushed away from Earth inside the prison.
Powers and abilities
- Kryptonian physiology: Normally, like all Kryptonians, Mur's capabilities are no greater than a normal human of his physical conditioning. However, once charged by the energy of a blue or yellow sun and metabolized into his body, he becomes able to perform various inhuman feats.
- Longevity: As a Kryptonian, Mur's life span is considerably longer than a normal human and likewise ages far slower.
- Solar energy absorption: Mur is able to absorb and metabolize solar energy from a blue or yellow sun.
- Super strength: Mur is far stronger than a normal human, as well as some aliens, when exposed to a blue or yellow sun.
- Super speed: Mur is able to move at super-sonic speeds, both through flight and on foot.
- Flight: Mur is able to fly and levitate by manipulating gravity to generate thrust.
- Invulnerability: Mur has nearly impenetrable flesh and bones, making him essentially immune to all Earthly weapons, with bullets simply ricocheting whenever they come in to contact with his skin. This allows him to take far more damage than a normal human and have a higher resistance to pain.
- Accelerated healing factor: Mur is able to heal and recover far more faster than a normal human. His higher metabolism allows his body to process and burn calories far more than any other normal human, allowing him to not gain weight and remain physically healthy with little to no maintaining.
- Super hearing: Mur can hear perfectly across several miles and through structures.
- Super breath: Mur is able to exhale powerful gusts of wind from his mouth, as well as causing the temperature of his breath to drop below subzero cold, therefore allowing him to freeze nearly anything.
- X-ray vision: Mur is able to see through all solid objects, except for lead.
- Heat vision: By concentrating every solar energy reserve he has in his body, Mur can emit blue energy beams of variable intensity and temperature from his eyes.
- Contaminant immunity: Mur has an immunity to all forms of disease and contaminants on Earth.
- Telepathy immunity: Mur is immune to most forms of telepathic powers.
- Multilingual: Mur is capable of fluently speaking English and Kryptonese.
- Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, even while empowered, Mur is vulnerable to the exposure of Kryptonite, a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Depending on the nature of the said Kryptonite, it will cause a different adverse affect on him;
- Green Kryptonite: Green Kryptonite not only physically hurts Mur and weakens his physical attributes, leaving him vulnerable to weapons and anything in general that can kill a normal human, but if he is exposed to it for too long, it will kill him.
- Red Kryptonite: If exposed to Red Kryptonite, it gradually destroys Mur's inhibitions and turns him into a corrupt version of himself. Left without morality, compassion, rationality, or any cares whatsoever, Mur will become malevolent and prone to hostility and aggression, making him a danger to everyone around him.
- Silver Kryptonite: If exposed to Silver Kryptonite, it will cause Mur to go in a deep and frightful hallucination where nothing from the outside world can stir him out of it until it leaves his system.
- Lead: Even with his X-ray vision, Mur can not see through lead.
- Red sun energy: Like all Kryptonians, exposure to the Red Sun will make Mur the equivalent of a human being on Earth.
- Extreme energy: Extreme amounts of energy, can be enough to kill Mur.
- Solar energy depletion: Using his powers to its maximum for an extended period can significantly drain his solar energy to the point where Mur loses all of his powers and is rendered more human like for at least a day. This renders him as weak as a human, allowing Mur to get injured and killed as easy as killing a human.
- Solar energy overload: If Mur absorbs too much solar energy, it will act as a poison and kill him.
- Magic: Since Mur's powers are because of his Kryptonian physiology, he has no protection from the supernatural world.
- Beings of superior strength: Despite Mur's extreme durability, beings of much greater strength can easily bypass his extreme durability to injure or potentially kill him.
- High-frequencies: Although considered a strength, Mur's hearing does have its disadvantages. Since his hearing is more sensitive than a normal human's, higher pitch noises (sonic screams, etc.) can disorient him and cause pain in his ears, leaving him vulnerable in a fight. Therefore, enemies with sound-based powers, like Silver Banchee can potentially be powerful enough to cause Mur's ears to bleed.
- Sound-dampening technology: The D.E.O. designed frequencies to block super-hearing and cause Mur slight pain when trying to use it in areas protected by the technology.
Behind the scenes
- Mur first appeared in Action Comics #871 (January, 2009) and was created by Geoff Johns and Pete Woods.