- "You were delivered by the prophecy. You wed my daughter. Your name is Al Sah-Him and you are Warith al Ghul!"
"My name... is Oliver Queen!"
- —Oliver revealing to Ra's al Ghul his refusal to accept himself as "Al Sah-him"
"My Name Is Oliver Queen" is the twenty-third and final episode of the third season of , and the sixty-ninth episode overall. It aired on May 13, 2015.
|Everyone's lives are in danger as Ra's al Ghul puts forth his final plan. Oliver/Al Sah-him must decide if he's strong enough to take on this new role and what it will mean for everyone on Team Arrow, and his soul.|
Team Arrow wakes up being revealed to have survived. Shortly after the Flash shows up to save them but quickly leaves. The team excluding Tatsu heads back to Starling City.
Oliver is speaking with Ra's about him becoming Ra's Al Ghul before the planes engines start to fail Ra's immediately suspects Nyssa but Oliver reveals it to be him. Ra's leaves the plane and Oliver and Nyssa safely land the plane.
They meet with Team Arrow at their new base in Palmer Technologies. Oliver quickly apologies to Diggle and Felicity, revealing to them his plan had never been to betray them or Starling City, but rather to save them. Once Ra's had saved Thea, Oliver had made a plan to take down the League of Assassins from the inside by becoming their leader. He told them of his former plan to sabotage the plane in an effort to both destroy the virus and kill Ra's. Felicity asks Oliver how he expected to survive such a plan, and when he doesn't respond, she realizes he had not planned on surviving.
Felicity discovers that Ra's rival Damien Darhk is in Starling and he wants to assassinate him. The whole team goes to the hotel where he is held up and question him. Darhk is revealed to have already left and his assistant is shot dead with an arrow.
When the league starts releasing the virus Ray and Felicity work on the cure while the rest of the team including Thea in Roy's Arsenal costume and the SCPD work to stop Ra's men and contain the virus. Oliver goes to fight Ra's and is able to defeat him. Oliver is shot by the police but is saved by Felicity in the Atom Suit.
Oliver tells the team that he is no longer needed in Starling City and asks if Felicity would like to leave with him. Oliver gives a goodbye to Diggle. Malcolm tells Thea that he is going to leave as she no longer needs him. Before Oliver leaves he gives Malcolm the Demon's head ring, Malcolm is glad that they got to work together, Oliver could never forgive him for what he had done to Sara and to Thea.
On the top floor of the Palmer Industries building, Ray records an audio file of a new idea working with his nanites to save the city gave him for his suit. He instigates trial one, but nothing happens when he first presses a button on the Atom Suit. After a beat there's a brilliant light, then the top floors of Palmer Industries explode.
Malcolm takes over the League of Assassins with Nyssa rejoining but still vowing that she would kill him for what he did to Sara. He welcomes her to try, he then tells her and the league to kneel before Ra's al Ghul, they kneel before him and so does she. Oliver and Felicity drive off into the sunset, with Oliver feeling surprised that he is now happy.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Al Sah-him
- Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance/Black Canary
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Willa Holland as Thea Queen/Speedy
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Colton Haynes (credit only)
- John Barrowman as Malcolm Merlyn/Dark Archer
- Paul Blackthorne as Captain Quentin Lance
Special guest star
- Matt Nable as Ra's al Ghul
- Katrina Law as Nyssa al Ghul
- Karl Yune as Maseo Yamashiro
- Rila Fukushima as Tatsu Yamashiro/Katana
- Marc Singer as General Matthew Shrieve
- Christopher Heyerdahl as Damien Darhk's assistant
- Keri Adams as Bethany Snow
- Colin Decker as PIlot
- Shaine Jones as ESU Sergeant
- Curtis Lum as Vendor
- Brandon Nomura as Akio Yamashiro
- Chris Peters as Briefcase Man
- Leo Rano as Assassin
Preparation ran from March 27 until April 7, 2015. Shooting began on April 8 and ran until April 17, 2015.
- The title of the episode from first line of the opening monologue and refers to Oliver reaffirming his identity to Ra's al Ghul.
- This is the fourth episode in the Arrowverse, as well as the third episode of , to be named after a character in a civilian sense, after "", "", and "".
- Damien Darhk was introduced in a capacity, and would become the main villain for the following season.
- The episode introduced Thea wearing the Arsenal suit and she is officially christened as the vigilante "Speedy".
- This is the first episode where Barry Allen appears only as The Flash. The second is "".
- This is the last episode where Colton Haynes is credited as a series regular until the seventh season.
- The two streets named "Adams" and "O'Neil" are a reference to Neal Adams and Dennis J. "Denny" O'Neil, respectively, a prolific comic book artist and writer. During the 1960s and 1970s, Adams and O'Neil collaborated on various comic books, but most importantly, created Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins.
- This is the third time that Starling City has suffered from a terrorist attack, following the Undertaking and the Siege. However, it is the first time that Team Arrow has successfully stopped the attack before there were massive casualties.
- This is the first season finale where the season's main villain dies.
- This episode takes place right after episode "" (which premiered the previous day), as Barry appears saving Team Arrow in return for Oliver helping him stop Eobard Thawne.
- When Laurel tells Quentin that there is a major threat to the city, he replies, "It must be May", referencing the month when the finale of the season takes place, each time with a major threat to the city.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " "|