- "The world is not a fair place. Innocent people die while the guilty go free. The system is broken, filled with corruption, greed, and apathy. The people who are supposed to protect us are failing us. Criminals continue to walk the streets because no one is willing to stop them. The world may not be fair, but everyone deserves justice and someone looking out for them. People say that revenge corrupts the soul... that if you go down that path, you'll never come back. But sometimes, embracing the darkness is the only way to get justice. My name is Emiko Queen. I will get justice for my mother, and no one will stand in my way."
- —Emiko Queen
|Oliver is ready to get back to work with the SCPD and to focus on his marriage with Felicity. Oliver found out the secret identity of the new Green Arrow and found out he has a half sister on his father's side. However, when Dinah tasks Oliver with tracking the new Green Arrow things take a surprising turn. Meanwhile, Diggle and Lyla must answer to A.R.G.U.S. about Diaz.|
"My Name Is Emiko Queen" begins with Emiko Queen is in pursuit of a fleeing criminal. She's eventually able to shoot him and stop him. We then see a montage of her taking down random criminals in quick shots as she works on crossing names off her list.
In the next scene, Emiko is meeting with a shady mercenary in a bar, trying to find the location of one William Glenmorgan. Later that night, she's trying to access files in the server room for some large corporation. She's surprised by some guards and one of them shoots her.
Rene is taking the trash out short thereafter and Emiko arrives clutching her bullet wound, asking him for help.
Elsewhere, Dinah is trying to beg Oliver to put the suit back on, but he's focused on trying to work on his marriage with Felicity. Dinah gives Oliver a DNA sample of the new Green Arrow for Felicity to test.
In a flash forward — we see that Rene has been elected mayor of Star City.
Lyla begins speaking with Ricardo Diaz trying to get information. After the big bad says he wants his lawyer, Lyla reveals that his incarceration is off the books and nobody knows he's in the custody of ARGUS.
Oliver takes the DNA to Felicity and she runs some test. Before long, she realizes that the DNA belongs to a sister Oliver never knew he had.
Later that night, Emiko and Rene go out on the field. Rene shoots a sniper that's about to take Emiko out and she's furious as she wanted to capture him for interrogation.
Lyla hands over the interrogation to Diggle and he instantly makes a deal with the villain — if Diaz hands over Dante, they'll let him walk. Just as he's making the deal, the deputy director of ARGUS walks in upset that they're willing to make a deal with Diaz. There, Lyla explains to him that they're looking for Diaz to anchor a newer version of Suicide Squad.
In the future, Zoe reveals to her father that she's been working with Dinah. She asks for his help in their mission but he refuses.
Oliver and Felicity bust out the storage boxes of things from Oliver's childhood in an attempt to find more information about Emiko.
Rene and Emiko meet up and the latter reveals her real identity to her newfound friend.
Going through the information, Oliver gets upset that Emiko wasn't taken care of properly in the wake of their father's death.
At her hideout, Emiko explains the person she's been tracking is the person who killed her mother. Rene agrees to help her out.
Leaving his office in the future, Rene's stopped by Dinah. She informs her former teammate that Felicity has been killed and they have reason to believe that whoever killed her is planning to level the city.
In the main timeline, Rene introduces Emiko to Curtis. After explaining her situation, Curtis agrees to suit up to help the duo out. The three converge on Glenmorgan's residence and begin taking out his henchmen.
Eventually, Emiko works her way indoors and fights Glenmorgan. She's able to shoot him with an arrow and while he's done on the ground, he admits he wasn't the one to kill her mother as he was out of the country on a mission. Emiko realizes he must have been set up.
Back at their new hideout, Emiko tries to convince Rene to go spend more time with his daughter but Wild Dog refuses, he admits his daughter wants him to help out the new Green Arrow with her mission.
Back at their apartment, Felicity encourages to reach out to Emiko and make things right.
Diaz agrees to Diggle's deal and ARGUS implants an explosive into the back of his head.
The episode ends with Emiko training against a dummy. As she suits up, she gives a monologue about getting revenge. She's paying respects at her mother's grave and she's approach by Oliver, introducing himself.
- Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen
- David Ramsey as John Diggle
- Emily Bett Rickards as Felicity Smoak
- Echo Kellum as Curtis Holt
- Rick Gonzalez as Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog
- Juliana Harkavy as Dinah Drake
- Colton Haynes (credit only)
- Sea Shimooka as Emiko Adachi/Emiko Queen/Green Arrow
- Katie Cassidy Rodgers (credit only)
- Audrey Marie Anderson as Lyla Michaels
- Andrea Sixtos as older Zoe Ramirez
- Edward Foy as William Glenmorgan
- Raj Paul as Keven Dale
- SpoilerTV accidentally leaked "My Name is Emiko Queen" before it was quickly taken down from the site minutes later. This caused the episode to use "Shattered Lives" as a cover-up before going back to "My Name is Emiko Queen".
- This is the first episode to bill Katie Cassidy as "Katie Cassidy Rodgers" after she got married on December 8, 2018.
- Jamey Sheridan had an uncredited voice cameo in this episode.
- Felicity makes a reference to Oliver becoming The Flash in the crossover. She also mentions Batwoman.
- William Glenmorgan mentions that he returned from a covert mission in Santa Prisca. In the DC Comics, Santa Prisca is a fictional Caribbean island nation under harsh Communist rule and heavy illegal drug trade. Santa Prisca is best noted for being the birthplace of the super-villain Bane, a major Batman enemy.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|