- "Forgive me, Sister. Your name slipped my mind. Lilith, is it? Durgia. Naamah."
- —John Constantine to Lamashtu.[src]
Naamah is a demon and one of the Sisters of Eve.
At the times of the Garden of Eden, Naamah is one of the sisters God created to populate it along with the first man, Adam. Naamah is one of the Sisters of Eve who turned down Adam's proposal before Eve said "yes". Then they chose an eternity as goddesses of Hell over a lifetime of obedience on Earth.
Powers and abilities
- Demonic/godlike physiology: being a "demon goddess", Naamah had a number of innate powers.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Naamah is the manager of the infernal retirement home in Hell.
- The name Naamah is seen frequently in old Biblical and Jewish mysticism. Among other namesakes there is a demon with such a name, who appears in the Zohar as one of the mates of the archangel Samael, causing epilepsy in children with her cohort Lilith.