- "You know, there's a reason why I prefer to walk this path alone. It's, uh... so I don't have to share with anyone how lost I really am. But you're not alone, are you Sara?"
- —John Constantine
When Mallus’ power over Sara resurfaces, she unwittingly becomes the bearer of one of the Totems. Rory must conquer his dark side in order to wield his own Totem power to help save the crew. Meanwhile, Agent Sharpe notices that something is wrong and recruits someone unorthodox to help.
- The title is a reference to the 1984 film Romancing the Stone.
- When Amaya and Zari are sent on a mission to retrieve the Mona Lisa from Antiques Roadshow, they observe that the portrait was actually a self-portrait of Da Vinci in drag.
- On the Waverider, Sara initiates the Nostromo protocol. This is a reference to the spaceship in the movie Alien, where one Xenomorph hunts and kills the crew.
- Sara visually compares Constantine to musician Sting. Coincidentally, when Constantine first appeared in DC comics, his direct resemblance to Sting was on purpose, specifically the musician's appearance in the 1982 film Brimstone and Treacle, as a person who thought he had supernatural powers.
- In fact, when Alan Moore originally created the character in 1984, he and artists Steve Bissette and John Tottleben very deliberately designed the character to resemble Sting, given that they were fans of The Police.
- Sara's appearance when under Mallus' control makes her look like a zombie from iZombie, which is another CW series that airs right after .
- When the Waverider is in trouble, Constantine informs Ava and Gary that he cannot track down a lost timeship as "[his] business card reads 'Master of the Dark Arts', not 'Doctor Bloody Whatshisface'", to which Ava and Gary each ask "Who?" and Constantine replies "Exactly", a clear reference to classic British sci-fi series Doctor Who.
- During the end, when Constantine throws the die into the air, the numbers "20" and "14" are next to each other when the episode closes to end, a possible reference to the show 's year of debut, which is in 2014.
- The spell Constantine uses to access Mallus's realm is a slightly modified version of the spell used to reach an alternate dimension in the episode "".
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|