The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "You know, there's a reason why I prefer to walk this path alone. It's, uh... so I don't have to share with anyone how lost I really am. But you're not alone, are you Sara?"
- —John Constantine to Sara Lance
|When Mallus’ power over Sara resurfaces, she unwittingly becomes the bearer of one of the Totems. Rory must conquer his dark side in order to wield his own Totem power to help save the crew. Meanwhile, Agent Sharpe notices that something is wrong and recruits someone unorthodox to help.|
- The title is a reference to the 1984 film Romancing the Stone.
- When Amaya and Zari are sent on a mission to retrieve the Mona Lisa from Antiques Roadshow, they observe that the portrait was actually a self-portrait of Da Vinci in drag.
- On the Waverider, Sara initiates the Nostromo protocol. This is a reference to the spaceship in the movie Alien, where one Xenomorph hunts and kills the crew.
- Sara visually compares Constantine to musician Sting. Coincidentally, when Constantine first appeared in DC comics, his direct resemblance to Sting was on purpose, specifically the musician's appearance in the 1982 film Brimstone and Treacle, as a person who thought he had supernatural powers.
- Sara's appearance when under Mallus' control makes her look like a zombie from iZombie, which is another CW series that airs right after .
- When the Waverider is in trouble, Constantine informs Ava and Gary that he cannot track down a lost timeship as "[his] business card reads 'Master of the Dark Arts', not 'Doctor Bloody Whatshisface'", to which Ava and Gary each ask, "Who?" and Constantine replies, "Exactly", a clear reference to the classic British sci-fi series Doctor Who.
- The spell Constantine uses to access Mallus's realm is a slightly modified version of the spell used to reach an alternate dimension in the episode "".
- In the end when Constantine throws the dice into the air, the numbers "20" and "14" are next to each other as the episode closes to end, a possible reference to the show 's year of debut, 2014.
- Rory mentions that the Earth Totem "made Blackbeard's girlfriend a zombie", referencing the events of "".
- After Wally is shot with the anti-speedster gun, Rory says, "We're going to need a bigger Med-Bay.", paraphrasing the famous line from Jaws: "We're going to need a bigger boat".
- When Ray explains the potential ramifications of failing to stop Mallus, Wally supposes it's "worse than Flashpoint", alluding to the alternate reality Barry Allen created at the end of Season 2 of when he went back in time to stop Eobard Thawne from murdering his mother.
- Though just as a voice appearance, Bailey Tippen reprises the role of Astra Logue, the girl Constantine failed to save from damnation to Hell, from ""; aside from Constantine himself, she has been the only character to cross over from Constantine.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.