OverviewNew Team Arrow, also known as the Outsiders, were similar to the original Team Arrow; but unlike their former teammates, they treated their teammates with equal trust and respect. They didn't play by their own set of rules or demand loyalty, and they were also run by consensus with no apparent hierarchy.
However, the Outsiders lacked Team Arrow's moral compass and sense of honor, particularly Dinah Drake and Curtis Holt respectively. Curtis hacked into John Diggle's arm implant to cause him life-threatening injuries; Dinah tried to kill Laurel Lance in cold blood twice, due to her role in the death of the former's boyfriend, Vincent Sobel. She even attacked Laurel when she was in a seriously injured state, the latter not being able to fight back or even defend herself.
So far, Rene Ramirez is the only member of the team who has not yet crossed the moral line or done anything dishonorable.
New Team Arrow, also known as the Outsiders, focus on crime all around the city just like the original Team Arrow.
Separation from Team ArrowAfter Oliver Queen learned that a member of Team Arrow was willing to testify, he along with John Diggle and Felicity Smoak began spying on Dinah Drake, Curtis Holt and Rene Ramirez respectively, with Rene revealed as the said witness. Dinah, Curtis, and Rene were furious when they learned about their being spied on, and eventually left the team. However, the three then decided to band together to create their own team, using the old Helix headquarters as their base of operations.
Eventually the Outsiders and Team Arrow got into a physical confrontation with each other, due to the fact that Team Arrow were trying to protect Laurel Lance from Dinah, who was trying to kill her in cold blood. Dinah's vendetta stemmed from Laurel's role in her boyfriend Vincent Sobel's death. They successfully managed to protect Laurel, but it also resulted in Rene being injured by Oliver in the process (although it is very likely that Oliver didn't intentionally mean to put him in critical condition). After this confrontation, the Outsiders' friendship and alliance with Team Arrow ended on bad terms, as the Outsiders wanted nothing to do with them anymore.
Reconciliation with Team Arrow
During Oliver's trial, Rene anticipated that judge C. McGarvey may be under Diaz's payroll (which later turned out to be true), and with the help of Diggle, they knocked him out and Christopher Chance took his place, acquitting Oliver of all charges of being a vigilante.
After Oliver thanked Rene for everything he did for him, he also apologized for his past unjust actions against the latter (that resulted in Rene refusing to return to the team). Rene genuinely accepted his apology and the two reconciled. Oliver also reconciled with Dinah, Curtis and John, and they all returned to Team Arrow to help Oliver in his fight against Diaz. This resulted in the disbandment of New Team Arrow.
- Dinah Drake/Black Canary (co-founder, police lieutenant, and field agent; re-joined Team Arrow)
- Rene Ramirez/Wild Dog (co-founder, sniper, street informant, and field agent; re-joined Team Arrow)
- Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific (co-founder, computer hacker/operator, tech support, and field agent; re-joined Team Arrow)
- Team Arrow
- Vincent Sobel/Vigilante (deceased)
- Alena Whitlock/Kojo Sledgehammer
- Ricardo Diaz/Dragon (leader of his criminal organization, member of the Quadrant, and former member of Cayden James' criminal cabal; deceased)
- Honor/Silencer (member of the Longbow Hunters)
- Bear (member of the Longbow Hunters)
- Red (member of the Longbow Hunters)
- Laurel Lance/Black Siren (turned ally)
- Anatoly Knyazev (leader of the Star City Bratva Branch, member of Ricardo Diaz's criminal organization, and former member of Cayden James' criminal; turned ally)
- Cayden James (founder and leader of Helix and his own criminal cabal; deceased)
- Sheck (member of Helix and Cayen James' criminal cabal; deceased)
Behind the scenes
- The Outsiders are a superhero team in DC comics assembled by Batman. They are comprised of misfit superheroes who do not feel they belong to other groups.
- The title card from Season 6's midseason changed Dinah, Rene and Curtis' respective emblems to red after they formed their team. The altered title card starts with their red emblems, followed by Team Arrow's whose emblems are green.