- "So you're saying Dante runs a secret society responsible for centuries of worldwide regime change?"
- —Rene Ramirez to Felicity Smoak[src]
The Ninth Circle is a worldwide terrorist organization, led by Beatrice.
Ninth Circle council
The Ninth Circle council is a council comprised of high-ranking members of the Ninth Circle who are elected to lead and guide the circle.
The Ninth Circle dates back to the 14th century, Italy. Throughout the years it's funded several large-scale political events such as the War of the Roses, the Colonization of the Americas, and the Russian Revolution.
Dante brought Emiko Adachi into the Ninth Circle when she was young, and after years of training, she became the leader of the centuries-old organization, the organization managed to keep a low profile as nothing could be found on them on the dark web. In 2018, they came to Star City with plans to profit from it's destruction at the hands of Emiko.
However, in her vendetta against Oliver Queen, Emiko got sloppy and wound up exposing the Ninth Circle to the public for the first time in history; as a result, the council removed Emiko as the leader of the Ninth Circle and gave the position to Beatrice (which Emiko herself was completely unaware of) this, along with Oliver successfully disarming the weapons and try to convince Emiko to become a hero, led to Beatrice killing her; for failure to destroy Star City, but mainly because her vendetta against the Queen family resulted in the organization's existence being revealed to the public. Subsequently, Beatrice and Virgil destroyed the Palmer Tech building before retreating from Star City, as their plans foiled.
- Emiko Adachi (removed as the leader of the Ninth Circle by the council; deceased)
- Dante (second-in-command; deceased)
- Star City Police Department
- Curtis Holt/Mr. Terrific
- Laurel Lance/Black Canary
- Alena Whitlock/Kojo Sledgehammer
- Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger
- The concept that there are nine circles of Hell comes from the classic poem the Divine Comedy, which also features characters named Dante, Virgil, and Beatrice.