- "I am gonna kick my ass!"
- —Damien Darhk
"No Country for Old Dads" is the thirteenth episode of the third season of , and the forty-sixth episode overall. It aired on March 5, 2018.
|When Damien and Nora Darhk take Ray hostage they force him to try and fix the Fire Totem, but Ray tries to use the power struggle between them to his advantage. Ray and Nora find themselves working together in 1960's East Germany in order to fix the totem, but soon come face to face with a younger and deadlier version of Damien Darhk. Meanwhile, Sara seems to be taking positive steps in her personal life.|
- Brandon Routh as Dr. Ray Palmer/The Atom
- Caity Lotz as Captain Sara Lance
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers as Amaya Jiwe
- Amy Louise Pemberton as Gideon (voice)
- Tala Ashe as Zari Tomaz
- Keiynan Lonsdale as Wally West/Kid Flash
- Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heywood
- Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory
Special appearance by
Special guest star
- Courtney Ford as Nora Darhk
- Jes Macallan as Agent/Director Ava Sharpe
- Tracy Ifeachor as Kuasa
- Adam Tsekhman as Agent Gary Green
- Adrian Hough as Dr. Bernhardt Vogel
- Joy Richardson as Amaya Jiwe's ancestor
- Hiro Kanagawa as Director Bennett
- Chris Carson as Alan
- Nicolas Ouellette as Border Guard
- Ian Rozylo as Guard
- Eric Breker as Driver
- Ian James Hawkins as Evening Wear Man
- Marie V. Sharp as Evening Wear Woman
"No Country For Old Dads" starts with Sara and Agent Sharpe discussing their earlier night. Zari strolls in and calls attention to that the dishes haven't been done in some time, and the gathering ponders where Ray is.
Gary calls the gathering from Time Bureau HQ and shows them a video that Ray conveyed, uncovering that he has been taken by the Darhks.
Somewhere else, Nora and Kuasa are attempting to get Amaya's symbol to work.
On the scaffold, Sara and Sharpe are conceptualizing approaches to discover Ray when Rip Hunter and Wally West utilize the taken Time Bureau gadget to load up the boat, requesting help with Mallus.
Darhk makes Ray take a shot at attempting to get the emblem to work, and the gathering goes to the Upswipez office in 2018 so Ray has the correct apparatuses.
Back on the Waverider, Amaya understands that on the off chance that she could think, she may have the option to get to the tribal plane and track down her emblem. Wally offers to enable her to contemplate.
Damien recounts to the gathering an account of a researcher he executed decades prior that was taking a shot at a vitality source that would render petroleum derivatives out of date. Damien accepts that the researcher would have the option to control the symbols, and requests Ray and Nora to return so as to prevent a more youthful Damien from executing the researcher. The two can escape with the researcher.
Nora understands that her enchantment has been removed, apparently from the toxic substance Ray infused into her in a week ago's scene. The two take the researcher to the home of a supposed criminal that could assist them with producing migration reports, with trusts they'd have the option to assist them with intersection the outskirt to security. The gathering manufactures their own records that would permit them to go between the two pieces of Germany.
In the current day, Damien begins getting stressed on the grounds that the pair hasn't came back from the past. He chooses to head out back so as to support them.
Damien goes back in time in the nick of time to spare his little girl, Ray, and the researcher from the more youthful adaptation of himself. Nora and Damien have a contention about Nora's powerlessness to go to the present with the researcher.
On the Waverider, Amaya and Zari can ponder themselves into the familial plane.
Raging outside of their contention, Nora is drawn closer by the more youthful Damien. Inside, present-day Damien is conversing with Ray about the treatment of his girl. The more youthful Damien calls present-day Damien and takes steps to kill Nora if the researcher isn't turned over.
In the genealogical plane, Zari begins getting stressed and has a go at persuading Amaya that they should leave. They see one of Amaya's progenitors, and the predecessor clarifies that as long as Amaya doesn't have her emblem, Mallus will continue getting more grounded.
The two Damiens meet for the trade, and more youthful Damien murders the researcher and throws Nora over the edge. With present-day Damien attempting to spare Nora from tumbling to her demise, the two Damiens start battling.
Beam's ready to discover his suit and uses it to get away.
Unfit to spare both himself and Nora, Damien drops Nora, who is then ready to at long last enact Amaya's symbol. The dad and little girl cooperate to take out the more youthful Damien.
With an end goal to speak with the Legends, Ray shoots a gap in the Berlin Wall, making a period shake. The Legends perceive that the time misplacement could be Ray, and when they travel back in time, Wally's ready to spare Ray from the Darhks.
Beam reunites with the group on the Waverider. Wally uncovers that when he was sparing Ray, he took the fire symbol from Damien's pocket.
Sara, Rip, and Agent Sharpe are talking through a video visit with the executive of the Time Bureau when Gorilla Grodd appears and kills the chief, making Sharpe the between time chief of the Time Bureau.
Wally advises Sara of his goal of remaining on board the Waverider. Rip orders Gideon to erase a record in the boat's hard drive, disclosing to her that Sara can't discover reality of Agent Sharpe.
- The title is a reference to the 2005 Cormac McCarthy novel No Country for Old Men and its film adaptation.
- Nora and Ray posing as a married couple is a reference to the real-life marriage between Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford, who portray Ray and Nora, respectively.
- When Nora and Ray are in the car in East Berlin, Nora says "Not that Dad, that Dad!". This is similar to a scene in the 1989 film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when Walter Donavan says "Not that Jones, the other Jones!" (referring to Henry Jones, Sr. and his son, respectively).
- The use of the term "souvenirs" comes from the TV series Young Justice, in which Wally West made a habit of picking up items he found on missions as "souvenirs".
- After Wally rescues Ray, Damien says that he hates speedsters. This is a reference to the previous season, when Damien said that he hates it when speedsters run after his encounter with Eobard Thawne. This also is a reference to 's "", when Barry Allen rescued Oliver Queen from Damien at super speed.
- Director Wilbur Bennett tells Ava, Sara and Rip that he has to stop Alexander Hamilton from seeing the musical Hamilton, a reference to the musical based on his life.
- When Damien is using Upswipz, Carrie Cutter/Cupid's profile is seen.
- It was revealed in this episode that Damien Darhk is 257 years old.
- Brandon Routh improvised the line about the recipe of Ray's coffee.
- Nora states that she has been mourning her mother for 23 years. This implies that the adult version of Nora is from around the year 2039, thus being 35 or 36 years old.
- Zari mentions wanting to visit Mount St. Helens to witness its eruption, which was the deadliest and most economically destructive volcanic event in the United States' history, caused by a 5.1 magnitude earthquake in 1980.
- Damien's interest in magic is a result of a time loop. This is due to the resurrected Damien interacting with the 1962 version of himself and also showcasing his magical abilities to his former self whilst fighting him, which Damien's former self seemed to show interest in.
- Kuasa reveals that a Totem can never be completely destroyed, seemingly contradicting Adam Macalester, who claimed on that the "soul" of a Totem will leave if smashed. It should be noted that the fragments of the Fire Totem seen in this episode appear active, despite "losing its sparkle" after being broken in Vixen. In addition, Ray stated that he'd found a way to fix it, further supporting Kuasa's statement.
- When Nora is falling, Damien levitates her, but doesn't simply set Nora down on the roof, instead keeping her hanging. In a similar move, Damien's younger self does not shoot him while they are fighting hand-to-hand with Nora hanging. Although older Damien stopped the initial bullets, he was then shown as being vulnerable when they were fighting.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|