The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "I am gonna kick my ass!"
- —Damien Darhk
|When Damien and Nora Darhk take Ray hostage they force him to try and fix the Fire Totem, but Ray tries to use the power struggle between them to his advantage. Ray and Nora find themselves working together in 1960's East Germany in order to fix the totem, but soon come face to face with a younger and deadlier version of Damien Darhk. Meanwhile, Sara seems to be taking positive steps in her personal life.|
- The title is a reference to the 2005 Cormac McCarthy novel No Country for Old Men and its film adaptation.
- Nora and Ray posing as a married couple is a reference to the real-life marriage between Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford, who portray Ray and Nora, respectively.
- When Nora and Ray are in the car in East Berlin, Nora says "Not that Dad, that Dad!". This is similar to a scene in the 1989 film Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when Walter Donavan says "Not that Jones, the other Jones!" (referring to Henry Jones, Sr. and his son, respectively).
- The use of the term "souvenirs" comes from the TV series Young Justice, in which Wally West made a habit of picking up items he found on missions as "souvenirs".
- After Wally rescues Ray, Damien says that he hates speedsters. This is a reference to the previous season, when Damien said that he hates it when speedsters run after his encounter with Eobard Thawne. This also is a reference to 's "", when Barry Allen rescued Oliver Queen from Damien at super speed.
- Director Wilbur Bennett tells Ava, Sara and Rip that he has to stop Alexander Hamilton from seeing the musical Hamilton, a reference to the musical based on his life.
- When Damien is using Upswipz, Carrie Cutter/Cupid's profile is seen.
- It was revealed in this episode that Damien Darhk is 257 years old.
- Brandon Routh improvised the line about the recipe of Ray's coffee.
- Nora states that she has been mourning her mother for 23 years. This implies that the adult version of Nora is from around the year 2039, thus being 35 or 36 years old.
- Zari mentions wanting to visit Mount St. Helens to witness its eruption, which was the deadliest and most economically destructive volcanic event in the United States' history, caused by a 5.1 magnitude earthquake in 1980.
- Damien's interest in magic is a result of a time loop. This is due to the resurrected Damien interacting with the 1962 version of himself and also showcasing his magical abilities to his former self whilst fighting him, which Damien's former self seemed to show interest in.
- Kuasa reveals that a Totem can never be completely destroyed, seemingly contradicting Adam Macalester, who claimed on that the "soul" of a Totem will leave if smashed. It should be noted that the fragments of the Fire Totem seen in this episode appear active, despite "losing its sparkle" after being broken in Vixen. In addition, Ray stated that he'd found a way to fix it, further supporting Kuasa's statement.
- When Nora is falling, Damien levitates her, but doesn't simply set Nora down on the roof, instead keeping her hanging. In a similar move, Damien's younger self does not shoot him while they are fighting hand-to-hand with Nora hanging. Although older Damien stopped the initial bullets, he was then shown as being vulnerable when they were fighting.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.