Non is the husband of the late Astra and the second-in-command of their army, though after her death he seems to have taken over her role as Commander. He is a Kryptonian criminal, warlord, and one of Kara Danvers' chief antagonists.
Upon being released from Fort Rozz, they continued to work together and while the D.E.O. and Kara Danvers are occupied with battling and capturing Astra, Non and his men attacked Lord Technologies, and he was about to kill Alex Danvers before Kara arrived to fight him.
Non, however proved to be the superior in terms of physical power and began strangling her. Hank Henshaw tried to intervene in the fight but was abducted by Non. Later Non killed a mind reading alien who found Hank impervious to his abilities. Non agreed to change exchange Hank for Astra. But when the trade is made, Non sprung an ambush; however, Astra called off the attack, demanding that a reluctant Non honor the agreement, though it is not a truce. 
Death of Astra
The Kryptonians prepared for the next phase of their mission - "Myriad". Non revealed he had incapacitated Kara with "Black Mercy", thus technically did not disobey Astra's order for her to be unharmed, but she was displeased regardless. Non and Astra briefed their soldiers, armed with anti-kryptonite suits, about their campaign they fought for on Krypton, now to be completed on Earth. After they left, Non questions Astra's whereabouts prior and her dedication to their war. Astra tensely affirmed it, and he apologized and left. The Kryptonian attacked the D.E.O. satellites. Kara tackled Non was he was attaching something to a satellite dish and furiously pummeled him screaming about how he took her world away from her and thought he could do the same to Earth (strangely, Non barely fights back) but Non still managed to activate his device. Kara and Non continued to fight and Non claimed Myriad will "cure" Earth of humanity. Non sabotaged the satellite dish and escaped while Kara caught it. Non eventually grew tired of the battle and blew Kara away with heat vision. Astra was killed in battle by Alex using a Kryptonite blade. Non and the Kryptonians took her body back to their base, and a soldier informed that the Myriad is operational and she did not die in vain.
Non came to Kara Danvers' apartment to ask Kara to come with him on behalf of Astra, which she agreed despite Alex's protests. Up in the sky, the funeral for Astra was held. Non told Kara he would hold a period for mourning, and vowed to kill her after it was over.
Non met with Indigo but he wasn't in the mood to flirt with her as he still grieving over Astra's death. Indigo told Non that Astra's notion of living alongside the humans can’t work, and vows to change that so she and the Kryptonians can be only ones left on Earth. Finally, Non, using the Omegahedron, places it on a computer and a new version of Indigo begins to materialize, but in pieces, with Non saying that he wants her to do things his way.
Non is extremely arrogant, stubborn, rude, vindictive, even for his family, although he did care about Astra and was saddened by her death and determined to carry on for her memory. He also cares about the welfare of the planet, as he wants to rule it and thinks the planet is being destroyed by humanity. He is extremely prideful; as he always tries to blame others for the problems he caused. He also firmly believes that enslave the human is the only solution to save the Earth, and because of this he does not have a good relationship with his niece Kara due to the fact that she is allied with the humans.
Non is also quite immoral as he had no qualms about enslaving the minds of the human race. He's also not afraid to go behind the back of his superior, though she was his wife, as Astra ordered that Kara was not to be hurt, but he used Black Mercy on Supergirl, to try to prevent her from interfering with his plans. He had no guilt or remorse for this, showing he was willing to do whatever was necessary to complete his goal, regardless of who he hurt.
Powers and Abilities
- Kryptonian Physiology: Like all Kryptonians, Non possesses the inborn power to absorb the light and radiation of G-type main-sequence yellow dwarf stars such as that of Earth. His body is constantly absorbing and storing energy from Earth's yellow sun, which in turn grants him incredible powers, such as superhuman strength, senses, impenetrable skin, and even the power to defy gravity.
- Solar Battery: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non is able to absorb solar energy from a yellow sun.
- Super Strength: The radiation of Earth's sun has strengthened his muscles, bones and tendons to preternatural performance. He can exert bodily force exceeding that of of a locomotive traveling at full speed. With this raw physical force, he can bend steel in his bare hands and strike with intense force sufficient to kill a human instantly. Additionally, Earth's weak gravity when compared to Krypton allows him to lift massive weights on Earth similar to an astronaut on the moon.
- Super Speed: Following the same principals as his super strength, Non's empowered leg muscles and the weak gravity of Earth allow him to propel himself both on foot and through the air at speeds exceeding that of a bullet.
- Flight: Non's Kryptonian physiology is based on the gravity of Krypton. As such, Earth's weak gravity allows him to defy it at will and allow him to either levitate or propel himself through the air.
- Invulnerability: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non is able to take more damage than a normal human.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non is able to heal much faster than a normal human.
- Super Hearing: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non has super hearing.
- Super Breath:Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non has super breath, able to exhale powerful gusts of air from his mouth.
- X-Ray Vision: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non is able to see through all solid objects; except for lead.
- Heat Vision: Due to his Kryptonian heritage, Non is able to shoot concentrated heat beams out of his eyes when exposed to a yellow sun.
- Immunity: Like all Kryptonians, Non is immune to all forms of diseases and illnesses.
- Telepathic Immunity: Non is immune to all forms of telepathy.
- Immunity to Weight Gain: Non can eat whatever he wants and not gain any weight.
- Expert Hand-to-hand Combatant: As a former Kryptonian soldier, Non is an expert in unarmed combat.
- Expert Tactician: As a former Kryptonian soldier, Non is an expert tactician.
- Multilingual: Non is capable of fluently speaking English and Kryptonese.
Non possesses all the typical weaknesses of a super-powered Kryptonian.
- Green Kryptonite: Like all Kryptonians, Non is weak against green kryptonite, as it is a radioactive mineral from his home planet Krypton. Green Kryptonite not only weakens his physical attributes, leaving him vulnerable to weapons and anything in general that can kill a normal human, but if he is exposed to it for too long, it will kill him.
- Lead: Non can not see through lead, even with his X-ray vision.
- Red sun energy: The energy from a red sun is known to be the Kryptonian's natural sun and therefore, exposure to it will make them the equivalent of a human on Earth.
- Extreme energy: Extreme amounts of energy, can be enough to kill Non.
- Solar energy depletion: Using his powers to its maximum for an extended period can significantly drain his solar energy to the point where Non loses all of his powers and is rendered more human like for at least a day. This renders him as weak as a human, allowing Non to get injured and killed as easy as killing a human.
- Magic: Since Non's powers are because of his Kryptonian physiology, he has no protection from the supernatural world.
- Non first appeared in the live-action film, Superman: The Movie (1978), portrayed by Jack O'Halloran. The character was created by screenwriter Mario Puzo. He made his comic book debut in Action Comics #845 (2007).