For other uses of the name "Nora", see Nora (disambiguation).
- "Nora, what are you doing? You gotta get out of here."
- "I can't keep running. You want me to be free? Repentance is my path to freedom."
- —Ray Palmer and Nora Darhk[src]
Nora Darhk (born December 2, 2003) is the daughter of the late Damien Darhk and the late Ruvé Adams. She was a playmate of William Clayton when he was kidnapped by Malcolm Merlyn and placed into Damien's "care".
Nora and her mother were to survive the Genesis disaster in the Tevat Noah facility, only for Lonnie Machin to kidnap them, with the ensuing fight sabotaging the facility and Machin murdering Ruvé. Nora was rescued by Team Arrow, before being returned to Damien by Thea Queen. Nora was to spend her last moments with her father, as they waited for the world to be destroyed in a nuclear fire, only for Team Arrow to put an end to Damien's plans.
However, Nora later grew up to become a follower and vessel of the mysterious entity known as Mallus. She also became involved with the Order of the Shrouded Compass to resurrect her father, desperately wanting to save him from his dark fate. When Mallus was initially freed from his prison, Nora was killed in the process. However, with help from Ray Palmer, Damien went back in time and took Nora's place as a vessel for Mallus, saving her life. Nora was subsequently arrested by the Time Bureau before Ray gave her father's time stone so she could later escape and start a new life.
Sometime after, Nora was found by Ray, who came asking for her help for saving John Constantine's life. Nora decided to turn herself over to the Time Bureau to pay for her past crimes, before being forced to escape again and join the Legends. She was appointed as an agent of the Time Bureau by Director Ava Sharpe.
In an attempt to save the life of Mona Wu, Nora took on the mantle of Fairy Godmother and is currently bonded to Gary Green. After the defeat of Neron, Nora doubled up as a member of Legends again and resides in the present as the girlfriend of Ray. Nora is also a close friend of Ava Sharpe, Mona Wu, and John Constantine.
Nora Darhk was born on December 2, 2003 in Star City to Damien Darhk and Ruvé Adams, and was the only child of the couple. The family moved to Stonehaven by fall 2015, living a seemingly normal and happy life; for example, Nora and her parents celebrated that Christmas as a family and decorated the Christmas tree together.
In January 2016, Damien's former ally Lonnie Machin/Anarky took Nora and her mother hostage at their home to get revenge on Damien, whom he saw as having betrayed him. As Machin was about to burn the two, the Green Arrow's team arrived and rescued them. While in police custody, Ruvé presented fake identification for Nora and herself. Afterwards, Nora and her family moved straight away to the Fairmount Hotel for a month while her parents looked for a new place for them to live. Damien comforted Nora after the ordeal as she fell asleep during the ride.
In mid-February, while staying at the hotel, Damien introduced Nora to a new companion, William Clayton, and asked her to play with him. Nora happily agreed. Unbeknownst to her, William was Oliver Queen's son, who had been kidnapped by Malcolm Merlyn on Damien's orders. William stayed with them for several days until he was eventually freed by Team Arrow and Vixen.
In May, Nora and Ruvé moved into Tevat Noah, H.I.V.E.'s safe-haven town built under Star City designed to survive the nuclear destruction of the world caused by the Genesis project. As Nora gazed around the facility, her mother and Malcolm discussed Machin. When Ruvé realized Green Arrow and Spartan arrived, she ordered Malcolm to take care of it and gestured Nora to come along to safety.
Shortly after, Nora and Ruvé were taken hostage again by Machin and held captive in the power supply. Machin filmed a video of Nora and her mother, demanding the surrender of her father. Team Arrow tried to free them but ended up causing the destruction of Tevat Noah. In the ensuing chaos, Machin fatally stabbed Ruvé and managed to escape. Nora watched in horror as the ceiling of the facility collapsed on her mother while Green Arrow shielded her from the debris. Spartan freed Nora, and Ruvé's dying wish was for Green Arrow to protect Nora and save her from the surrounding explosion.
When Damien learned about the destruction of Tevat Noah, his first two questions were whether his wife and daughter were safe. Upon learning that Ruvé was dead, he changed his plans, trying to destroy the world rather than attempting to rebuild it. Though Nora was still alive, Damien claimed he was doing it for her, to save her from the pain of growing up without her mother. He went straight to Felicity Smoak to try to force her to help him regain control of the nuclear missiles she had previously prevented from launching. Green Arrow and Spartan arrived and tried to stop him, unsuccessfully. However, as Damien was about to kill Green Arrow, Speedy arrived with Nora and threatened to kill her if Damien did not let him go (something which later made Thea reflect and decide to leave Team Arrow). He agreed and escaped, taking his daughter to safety.
Damien brought Nora to his nexus chamber underneath City Hall to wait for the end of the world. Nora told Damien that she found it a scary place and missed her mother. Damien comforted her, promising that they would see Ruvé again soon. An A.R.G.U.S. assault team arrived to take out Damien but were quickly killed by him. A short while later, Oliver arrived as the Green Arrow and challenged Damien to one final battle. He was then thrown out of the nexus chamber onto the street. Their fight ended with Oliver killing Damien.
Possessed by Mallus
After Damien was killed, Nora was placed into child services under the alias "Emily". With her name taken from her and both of her parents dead, she became lonely, isolated, and afraid.
In late 2017, Nora eventually became a target of the mysterious demon known as Mallus, who began possessing her by preying on her fear. During this time, John Constantine, unaware of the identity of both Nora and the demon, attempted to rid her of Mallus. He was unsuccessful, and Nora was admitted to the Sumner Asylum on September 23, 2017. When Constantine went to the asylum to try to exorcise Mallus, the demon-possessed Nora told him that he would take over both her and Sara Lance, before the exorcism was interrupted by the asylum staff.Constantine sought help from Sara, who identified the demon and insisted on her and the Legends helping him free Nora. While attempting this, they found out Nora's true identity, but the exorcism again failed, with Constantine, Sara, and Leo Snart being sent back in time by Mallus before Nora regained control of her body again. The next day, Nora was taken out of the asylum by Ray Palmer and Zari Tomaz.
Ray and Zari brought her to CC Jitters to calm her down. The trio then played a game of Heads Up, which began to lift her spirits up. However, Nora suddenly became scared again after seeing Green Arrow kill her father on TV, allowing Mallus to take control of her once more. Mallus proceeded to fight Ray and Zari while destroying the cafe. Sara, determined to help Nora, traveled to Mallus' dimension. She encouraged Nora to fight the demon, freeing the little girl from Mallus' control. Shortly after, much to Nora's amazement, her father Damien Darhk appeared to her in the cafe. After restraining Ray and Zari, Damien told Nora that Mallus is not a demon but her "savior," and that she must allow him to guide her childhood in order to ensure Damien's resurrection in her adulthood. When the asylum orderly showed up to escort her back, Nora was hesitant but Damien encouraged her to go with them.
Nora grew up as a loyal follower of Mallus and began inheriting his powers as her own. She also started going by the name "Madame Eleanor" and followed his commands in order to resurrect her father. The demon also granted her a talisman that allowed her to traverse time at will. At some point, Nora learned Oliver Queen was, in fact, the Green Arrow and grew to harbor resentment towards him for killing her father. In approximately 2039, Nora began traveling through time to revive her father.
As Mallus needed a Blood Moon to resurrect her father, Nora went into the past to recover his body immediately after it had been buried. However, due to the Legends' blunder in Aruba, anachronisms were popping up all over time and Damien's corpse ended up in 1895 Victorian London. Traveling into the past, Nora went by the name Madame Eleanor, a medium capable of communicating with the deceased. She then employed the service of Sir Henry Stein and the cult of the Order of the Shrouded Compass, promising to show them that one can come back from the dead. They gathered fresh blood in order to sustain her father's body in preparation for a ritual to resurrect him during the blood moon. When the activities of the cult drew in Rip Hunter and the Legends, she went on to ensnare Zari Tomaz with a message from her deceased brother and later stole her Air Totem.
When Rip demanded to speak with Mallus, Nora allowed her master to possess her to speak with him; once the time came for the blood moon, Nora was given her body back and laughed in triumph. Her father was back, and his magic had been returned as a gift from Mallus. During the battle with the Time Bureau and Legends, Zari recovered her Air Totem, but Nora and her father escaped.
Soon after, Nora and Damien began to travel through time, changing history in order to cause anachronisms to weaken the prison holding Mallus, with the aim of freeing the demon.
With this as their goal, she accompanied her father with Kuasa to 1930s Hollywood, where they fought with the Legends over Helen of Troy. While Sara Lance dueled with Damien, she defeated the rest of the Legends, before helping her father. She was about to kill Sara when Firestorm intervened and overpowered both her and Damien combined, causing them both to quickly leave that time, but leaving Sara in a coma.
Later, Nora returned with her father to 1000 A.D., the two posing as a Valkyrie and Odin, respectively. During the battle, she was defeated by Mick Rory and Leo Snart; seeing his daughter unconscious, Damien became enraged and chose to escape with her.
While in the Bahamas in 1717, Nora managed to steal Amaya Jiwe's Anansi Totem and later tried to retrieve the Earth Totem leading to a fight with its wielder, the seemingly zombified Anne Queen, and the Legends. During the fight, she tried to siphon the life-force of Amaya but was shot with a dart of Ray Palmer's anti-magic gun, that left her on the brink of death. Later, feeling guilty, Ray came back to the place where he shot her and gave Nora a cure in exchange for the Anansi Totem. However, after she was cured, Nora attacked and almost killed Ray, eventually knocking him out instead when her father suggested that it would be a better option to take him as their prisoner.
Stranded in 1960s East Germany with Ray Palmer
After learning of a long-dead scientist in communist East Berlin in 1962 who could help fix the shattered Fire Totem, Nora volunteered for the mission, stating she's the best choice of not risking any paradoxes due to her father's younger version being there. She took Ray with her, saying that Vogal would most likely talk to a peer and Ray speaks "nerd", and together they went to the past. Younger Darhk tried to kill Vogal, but Ray and Nora rescued the scientist and escaped. The following day, Younger Darhk tried to kill Vogal again as the group tried to get to West Berlin but failed, and they were rescued by Damien's future version, who came after them after noticing they were late to come back. Mad that her father came and possibly jeopardized the mission, and after a few hurtful words, Nora was kidnapped by her father's younger self. Agreeing to trade his daughter's life for the scientist, the Present Day and Younger versions of the men met, but younger Darhk tricked his older self and threw Nora out of the roof, although not before he shot Vogal. Future Darhk used his magic to catch Nora before she could fall to her death, while Younger Damien tried to use the situation to his advantage- he shot his future self, but Future Darhk caught the bullets with his magic. The two started fighting, while future Darhk continued trying to keep Nora in the air with his magic. During the fight, Younger Darhk was impressed by his opponent's magic powers and noted that he should study it in the future. Eventually, Nora managed to release the powers of the Anansi Totem and defeated younger Darhk.
Dr. Vogal later died from his injuries, but not before he gave Ray the secrets for cold fusion. Nora was unsuccessful in getting it from him, and she witnessed as Ray caused an Aberration by blasting the Berlin Wall on purpose, leading to his immediate rescue by a speedster who also pocketed the Fire Totem as a souvenir. After returning to the future, Nora and her father cleared up their issues with each other. However, Mallus's possession of Nora grew stronger.
Conversing with Sara in Mallus' dimension
When the Death Totem corrupted Sara, her spirit was trapped in the spirit realm, where Nora showed up. She gave Sara a brief history on the totem and revealed it was the one that worked in Mallus's favor, the reason why it was erased from history. Nora tried to convince Sara that a life not full of regret and guilt would be the best path and coldly showed her an old mission from Sara's time with League of Assassins, in which the victim's daughter stumbled upon her dying father. Sara earlier pointed out that Nora's path of villainy didn't start when Oliver killed her father and that she once helped Nora regain control of herself when Mallus took over her that fateful day in Jitters. After Sara regained control, she left the realm, with Nora stating that she was making a mistake and Sara reassuring her she wasn't.
Freeing Mallus from his prison
Eventually, Kuasa began having second thoughts about helping the Darhks to free Mallus and double-crossed them by handing Nate over in exchange for the Anansi Totem, which she secretly returned to Amaya. Later, after Nora caught her father just pretending to torture Nate while actually confessing to him his displeasure about Mallus taking over his daughter's body, she was furious and started to drain Nate's life force by herself. However, she was stopped by Wally, Amaya and Kuasa who she easily defeated. In retaliation for what her former ally did, Nora used her magic to extract the Water Totem from Kuasa's body, killing her in the process and forcing the Legends to flee.
After Nora and her father sent Grodd into 1979 in order to kill the young Barack Obama and create a final anachronism to shatter Mallus' prison, they bid goodbye to each other, knowing that as soon as the demon is free, Nora's body will be consumed by him. Not wanting this to happen, Damien betrayed Nora and allied himself with the Legends. He lured Nora into a trap by having her enter the Waverider under "Mallus'" suggestion (actually a miniaturized Ray using a record of John Noble's voice) and trapping her in a confinement magic circle.
After Mallus stated that Nora was "already gone", the Legends decided to allow Amaya to save her village in 1992, in order to free Mallus so that they could take him down once and for all. However, after Damien had a vision of his daughter telling him she is scared of dying, he sabotaged the Legends' plan by unleashing Grodd onto the village in an attempt to protect the timeline and keep Mallus from being freed, in hopes of saving Nora. The Legends scattered in the chaos and Nora was freed by her father while the team battled Grodd. Once the rampaging gorilla was defeated, however, Mallus was freed and Nora painfully transformed into the demon's true form.
Saved and arrested
Soon after, Ray came up with a plan to stop Mallus from completely taking over Nora's body. Desperate to save his daughter, Damien Darhk went along with it and the duo time jumped back to right before Mallus broke free in 1992's Zambesi Village, where Damien shot Nora with Ray's anti-magic gun. Not to be defeated so easily, Mallus proceed to take over Damien's body instead, while Ray brought Nora back on the Waverider and cured her of the side-effects of the gun. Upon realizing what happened to her father, Nora broke down as Ray comforted her for her loss.
Afterwards, Ray and Nora met with the rest of the Legends in 1874's Salvation, where, in order to avenge her father, along with Jax, Ava Sharpe, Helen of Troy, Jonah Hex, and the resurrected Kuasa, she helped them defeat the army of historical figures controlled by Mallus and later assisted at the demon's defeat at the hands of the giant Beebo doll summoned by the Legends, happy that her father was avenged.
At the end of the battle, while she was escorted to prison by a pair of agents of the Time Bureau, Nora was stopped by Ray, who asked the agents to talk to her a few minutes in private. Once the agents gave them space, he kindly asked her how she was feeling. After Nora responded sarcastically that her father died for a second time and that she would now spend her life in prison, Ray secretly gave her Damien's time stone, saying that her father had sacrificed his life in order to give her a second chance and that he is sure she will make it worthwhile. As she was transported away, Nora gave a last glance of gratitude to Ray.
On the run
Four months later, when it was revealed that Nora escaped the custody of the Time Bureau using the time stone and was now a wanted woman, Ray admitted to Zari that it was him who gave her the time stone and that he had developed feelings for Nora, later telling the rest of the Legends about helping her escape.
At the same time, in order to hide from her pursuers, Nora started working at a Renaissance Fair in 2017 as an entertainment witch.
Return to the Time BureauSome time after that, after John Constantine put his own life at risk to save some children from a shtriga during a Legends mission, Ray went looking for Nora and asked for her help to save John. Nora was hesitant to use her magic at first, afraid of the evil side of it, but Ray convinced her that her magic doesn't have to be bad and she decided to use it to help John. During the process, Nora saw the face of an unknown man, and she asked John who it was afterwards. John said that it was simply "the past" before moving aside to smoke, leaving her alone with Ray. Ray begged her to use the time stone to go back into hiding, confessing that he cared about her and only wanted her to be free. Instead, she used the stone to travel them both to the Time Bureau's headquarters. She then gave the time stone to Ray and told him that she couldn't keep running; that even though she knew that her father sacrificed himself to give her a chance at a better life, she also knew that if she was always on the run, that life couldn't happen. Deciding that she could not be truly free without repentance, Nora squeezed Ray's hand one last time before letting the Time Bureau agents arrest her and take her away.
After Mona was hired as the Bureau's magical creature caretaker, Ava brought her to Nora's cell and she introduced herself amicably by giving her a copy of "Uncaged Desire" and asking her if she had special requests or food restrictions, but Nora answered her roughly that the only things she could have given her were "peace and quiet". However, Mona doesn't surrender and tried to do something kind for Nora by offering to Ray to bring her a love letter written by him. When she entered Nora's cell, Mona discovered that the witch was reading the book she had gave to her and happily stated that she knew she would have read it, inadvertently spoiling its end to her, before giving her Ray's letter and to state that there was a love that cannot be contained by any cage. Hearing this Nora got nervous and told Mona that she doesn't want the letter; due to the girl's insistence, however she was ultimately forced to push the letter out of her cage, involuntarily touching the grating and triggering the alarm, which prompted Ava to come into the cell asking questions about what happened and leading Nora to attack her with an energy blast when she tried to open Ray's letter, causing a major shortcut as a consequence.
Nora, Mona and Ava remained locked into the cell. Despite the initial and mutual disagreements between Nora and Ava, Mona helped the three women open up to each other. They shared a bottle of wine and Ava's birthday cake (that Mona had recovered from Sara that morning) as well as talking about their fears and childhood traumas. In the end, although Nora said her years of isolation had taught her to expect no future and hope for nothing, Ava and Mona convinced her to open the letter, stating that regardless of her past or present, she could still have a future and get out of prison one day. As soon as the three women opened the envelope of the letter, they found Ray inside, who explained that he had shrunken himself in order to hide inside it and see Nora, who slightly blushed stating that it was "stupid, but sweet". The man helped them open the door and, the next morning, Nora shyly asked Mona if she could deliver a letter to Ray from her, to which she cheerfully replied that she would have to do anything for "her generation's Ross and Rachel".
After this, Nora and Ray began a close epistolary correspondence.
After Gary was tasked by Nate and Zari to investigate Hank Heywood's secret project behind the Bureau's back, he asked for Nora's help in order to hack his computer and the Time Bureau's security system, however, after they found information regarding Project Hades's experiments on magical creatures and they were almost caught by a person who was inspecting Hank's office (whom Nora perceived as a malevolent being), she immediately came back to her cell suggesting Gary not to dig too much into that story.
Later, after Hank was murdered by the individual she had met earlier, Nora sensed magic from this creature and broke out of her cell, knowing something was wrong. She entered the room only to find Hank's lifeless body, and to subsequently be discovered by Nate, leading him to assume that she'd been responsible for his father's death. Before she got a chance to explain, however, numerous Time Bureau agents filled the room, weapons drawn, forcing Nora to flee.After her escape, Nora used a reflection spell in order to contact Ray through a mirror during Hank's funeral. She revealed to him that she was innocent and Ray immediately believed her asking her where she was and offering to host her on the Waverider until they found a way to clear her name. Nora gleefully accepted and sneaked on the ship with Ray's help spending the rest of the day hidden inside of his cabin. That night Ray brought her pajamas and they briefly shared the bed until, out of awkwardness, Ray chose to sleep on the armchair leaving Nora to sleep alone in the bed in a bit of frustration as she was (awkwardly) trying to seduce him. Later, due to "Kamadeva"'s magic dust that brought out true feelings and desires, she had a wet dream about Ray. The following day, as Zari and Sunjay were singing "I Surrender" and releasing the full power of the magic, Ray and Nora were affected too and managed to express their feelings for one another, finally consummating a night of passion.
As a child, Nora was kind, caring, polite, cheerful, and innocent. While it is unclear how much she knew about her parents, Damien Darhk and Ruvé Adams', affiliation with H.I.V.E., she nonetheless loved them deeply; Nora was the center of her parents' world, as they made sure to give her a happy and safe (albeit sheltered) childhood.
Seemingly stemming from the murders of her parents, as an adult, Nora has adopted all of her parent's absolute worst traits, becoming very cold, cruel, arrogant and ruthless, she is also manipulative and sadistic, using people's emotions against them and reveling in other people's misfortunes, though she is not quite as evil, as her father, Damien remains very important to her (she was willing to siphon Sara Lance's life force when she saw that Sara had a sword to her father's throat).
Though occasionally taking smug, sadistic pleasure in other people's misfortunes, Nora does not quite take her cruel sense of humor as far as her father; after discovering that Martin Stein was trapped in Jefferson Jackson's body, he fell into an uncontrollable laughter, but she was unaffected and seemed to have no humor about it, instead calmly asking him if he needed a moment before they chased after their enemies.
Upon becoming a permanent vessel for Mallus, Nora's character took a turn for the worse the stronger he became inside her, with her becoming even more violent, sadistic and conceited than before, to the point that her father, fearing for her safety and at last admitting to missing his daughter as she'd been before Mallus and working with the Legends to try and exorcise Mallus from her. Once separated from Mallus, Nora returned to her typical personality, now bitter from the second death of her father and the prospect of being a prisoner of the Time Bureau.
However, Nora is proven to have some form of appreciation towards Ray for continuously going out of his way to show her kindness and proclaiming that she can be an ultimately good person from what he's seen in her. The two have since developed romantic feelings for each other, and with the help of Nora's prison caretaker Mona, she communicated with him through letters during her time as a prisoner of the Time Bureau. Thanks to some magic dust that brought out true feelings and desires, they overcame their skittishness and shared a night of passion together, cementing their love for each other.
Powers and abilities
- Dark magic: After merging with the soul of Mallus, Nora became able to access much of its powers, some of which are similar to those used by her father, Damien Darhk. She retained some of those powers even after Mallus left her body, and died.
- Life-Force Absorption: Nora can siphon the life-force from people and kill them through physical contact. She has even used electricity to substitute for another life force to save John Constantine.
- Telekinesis: Nora can move and otherwise exert force on objects and people with her mind. This notably allowed her to stop and launch multiple projectiles without physically touching them. Nora can also use her telekinesis to rip things out of one's body, such as she did when she ripped the Water Totem out of Kuasa.
- Thermokinesis: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to control flames of the Heat Gun and cryoblasts of Cold Gun.
- Photokinesis: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to control light blasts of the A.T.O.M. Exosuit.
- Electrokinesis: While channeling the power of Mallus, Nora is about to control electricity such as absorbing and redirecting Wally's lightning.
- Energy Projection: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to project powerful dark energy, purple in color, and is concussive in nature. Her blasts can be used as waves or beams, and are powerful enough to knock three of the Legends down.
- Reflection spell: Nora Darhk uses a spell to communicate with Ray from far away.
- Precognition: Nora is able to see past and future events through visions.
- Magic sensitivity: Nora is able to feel the presence of Demonic beings, such as Neron, with her body vibrating and reacting violently to their aura of dark magic.
- Magic via Fairy Godmother's wand: After getting the wand from Tabitha, she gained impressive additional magical powers, along with its curse.
- Wish bestowal: Nora is able to grant wishes of her charge.
- Tracking: Nora is able to track a person, navigated by the wand.
- Teleportation/Portal creation: Whilst without her will, Nora was able to open a portal to Hell and teleported back from Hell to Earth.
- Telekinesis: Nora is able to control her surroundings remotely, as shown when she unlocked John's cuffs without touching.
- Invisibility: Nora can become invisible, as shown when she did so in order to infiltrate Neron's vault in the Soul Exchange.
- Abilities via Air Totem: Nora's temporary powers came from the Air Totem, a totem that channels and harnesses the power of the air.
- Abilities via Anansi Totem: After Damien Darhk stole the Anansi Totem from Amaya Jiwe, he gave it to his daughter. However, Nora learned from Kuasa that she could only tap into the totem's power when she had a selfless reason for doing so. When her father was struggling to save her from falling while fighting off his 1962 self, Nora told the older Damien to let her go. This enabled her to activate the totem. Unlike Amaya, access the totem's power manifests the spirits in a purple aura.
- Mediumship: Nora was able to communicate with Mallus and speak for him. She was also able to see into the true nature of people, as she quickly determined that Martin Stein and Jefferson Jackson had switched bodies. Her eyes turn red when she uses Mediumship. It's presumed she lost this power since Mallus is dead.
- High-level intellect/Expert tactician/Leader: Nora is intelligent, with sharp intuition and a vast knowledge of mysticism. Nora is also a highly trained tactician, as she orchestrated the Order of the Shrouded Compass's plot to resurrect her father on a Blood Moon night.
- Expert interrogator/Torturer: Nora is a talented interrogator and accomplished torturer, having once taken pleasure out of harming her victims.
- Master of deception/Manipulator: Nora is an exceptional liar and has great improvisation skills.
- Computer specialist/Expert computer hacker: Nora is proficient with computers, able to hack into the Time Bureau's security systems with ease.
- Bilingual: Nora is capable of fluently speaking English and German. She can speak these languages at a native level, effectively changing her American accent into a thick German one.
- Expert hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Presumably during her time with the Order of the Shrouded Compass, Nora is a highly trained hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist. She was seen using krav maga when fighting guards and soldiers in Germany, able to swiftly evade punches and grabs, even using a scarf to strangle a guard unconscious.
- Stealth/Infiltration: Nora can quickly vanish from sight after disorienting her enemies with her magical energy blasts.
- Singing: Nora is a good singer, as she sang with Ray while under the influence of magic.
- Dancing: Nora is a talented dancer, as seen in the dance with Ray.
- Anti-magic gun: When Nora attempted to kill Amaya, Ray shot her with a special nanite pistol he'd built to counteract Mallus' magic, which would have cost Nora her life if not for a cure Ray gave her afterwards. While Nora did seem to make a full recovery, this also seemed to have, at least temporarily, affected her ability to access her powers, as shown shortly after arriving in 1962 East Berlin. However, Nora could be seen using her powers effectively to aid the Legends in their fight against Mallus' army in the Old West while the demon himself was still recuperating after being injured by the explosion caused by Rip Hunter's sacrifice.
- Light magic (presumed): Much like her father, Nora's powers come from dark magic so it is very likely that if one person can focus their natural life energy into positive sources of strength (i.e. hope, love, joy, etc.) then her magic will ultimately prove to be ineffective against the target and even repel her from trying to absorb the said person's life-force.
- Host dependence: Nora cannot use her Fairy Godmother powers on her own without the charge's consent. In addition, since she became a Fairy Godmother, she is seemingly unable to access her other magical powers.
- Obligation: Since taking the Fairy Godmother's wand from Tabitha and getting its curse, Nora has to grant her charge's wishes, without her own will.
- Magical limitations: Every magic has its own limits. While being able to grant most of the wishes, even Nora (with the Fairy Godmother's wand) couldn't retrieve Ray Palmer while Neron was using his body.
- Aberrations/Anachronisms: The more aberrations and anachronisms that are being made, the more likely that Mallus takes more control of Nora's body. After the aberration Ray created by blasting a hole in the Berlin Wall in 1962, Mallus had noticeably gained more control over Nora's body, black liquid is also seen flowing through Nora's veins when Mallus was briefly trying to possess her. Now that Mallus has left her body, aberrations don't affect her anymore.
- Fairy Godmother's wand: Nora get the wand from Tabitha, in order to save Mona by being her Fairy Godmother. It grants impressive magical powers, being able to grant most wishes of its charge but not the hosts, unless the charge wishes to.
- Air Totem: After tricking Zari into giving her totem to her, she used the necklace to manipulate the air. Zari managed to get it back during the fight that followed.
- Anansi Totem: After her father stole it from Amaya Jiwe, Nora acquired the Anansi Totem to summon the spirit of any animal, but she could only summon the powers of the totem when she had selfless reasons to use it. Kuasa later betrayed her and gave it back to Amaya.
- Water Totem: After Kuasa's betrayal, Nora used her magic to draw the Water Totem out of Kuasa, causing it to reform. The totem was later "borrowed" by her father and given to the Legends.
- Time stone: Nora used a mystical stone that allows her the powers of teleportation and time travel. It was destroyed by a gun by the 1962 version of Damien Darhk. After Mallus was defeated and her father sacrificing himself, Ray found Damien's time stone and gave it to Nora so that she may escape the Bureau and find a second chance. After turning herself back in to the Time Bureau, Nora left the stone with Ray.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- Both of Nora's parents died to save her life; Damien transferred Mallus' possession of Nora into himself and Ruvé stopped Green Arrow from trying to save her so he could make sure Nora libed.
- In "", Nora states that she has been mourning her mother for 23 years. This implies that the adult version of Nora is from around the year 2039, thus being 35 or 36 years old as of that episode.
- Ray Palmer developed affections for Nora after prolonged interaction with her in Damien Darhk's captivity and subsequent adventure in 1962. He believed there was still good in her after meeting her child-self in 2017. Nora soon developed a soft spot for Ray as well, since he was the most proactive Legend in helping free her from Mallus' control.
- Nora has used three of The Totems of Zambesi, more than any other individual. All the totems were stolen from their original owners.
- In "", Nora stole the Air Totem from Zari Tomaz, which was recovered by the Legends at the end of the episode.
- In "", Damien stole the Anansi Totem from Amaya Jiwe, which Nora wore and used from "" to "".
- In "", Nora used her magic to extract the Water Totem from Kuasa's body and used it after the latter's death until Damien gave it to the Legends.
- Her father affectionately referred to her as "Nora-Doll".
- Nora has had a taste for Jitters' hot chocolate with whipped cream and caramel sauce since childhood.
- She has no allergies.
- Nora is 5'6" and weighs 122 lbs.
- According to Ray, Nora has a thing for guys with mustaches.
- Although she is too prideful to admit it, Nora became a fan of Rebecca Silver's novels during her time in prison, having read both Uncaged Desire and Body of Proof.
- Nora's life bears similarities to that of Grace Gibbons:
- As children, both grew up following their respective guardians' (Damien and Orlin Dwyer's) warped views.
- Both became super-villains in the future in a mission to avenge their respective families.
- Both ended up faced conflict from their guardians, who wanted Nora and Grace to be better than them.
- Both were redeemed with help from the heroes.