- "That's the thing about daughters. When they see you die at the hands of one self-righteous hero, they really don't want to see it happen again."
- —Damien Darhk[src]
Nora Darhk (born December 2, 2003), also known as Emily and Eleanor, was the only daughter of Damien Darhk and the late Ruvé Adams. She was a playmate of William Clayton, when he was kidnapped by Malcolm Merlyn and placed into Damien's "care".
Nora and her mother were to survive the Genesis in the Tevat Noah facility, only for Lonnie Machin to kidnap them, the ensuing fight sabotaged the facility and Machin murdered Ruvé. Nora was then taken by Oliver Queen, before being returned to Damien Darhk by Thea Queen. Nora was to spend her last moments with her father, as they waited for the world to be destroyed in a nuclear fire, only for Team Arrow to put an end to Damien's plans.
However, she later grew up to be a follower and vessel of the mysterious entity known as Mallus, and became involved in resurrecting her father, desperately wanting to save him from his dark fate. When Mallus was initially freed from his prison, Nora Darhk was killed in the process. However, with help from Ray Palmer, Damien Darhk went back in time and took Nora's place as a vessel for Mallus. Nora was subsequently arrested by the Time Bureau before given her father's time stone.
Nora was born on December 2, 2003 to Damien Darhk and Ruvé Adams, the only child of the couple. They moved to Stonehaven in Star City by fall 2015, living a seemingly normal and happy life; for example celebrating that Christmas as a family, and decorating the Christmas tree together.
In January 2016, Damien's former ally Lonnie Machin/Anarky took Nora and her mother hostage at their home, to try to kill Damien, who he saw as having betrayed him. The Green Arrow's team came and rescued them. While in police custody, Ruvé presented fake identification for her daughter and herself. They moved straight away to the Fairmount hotel for a month, while her parents looked for a new place for them to live.
In mid-February, while staying at the hotel, Damien introduced her to a new companion and asked her to play with him. Unbeknownst to her, he was Oliver Queen's son, William Clayton, who had been kidnapped by Malcolm Merlyn on Damien's orders, to force Oliver to drop out of the mayoral election, and allow Ruvé to become mayor. William stayed with them until he was freed by Team Arrow and Vixen in late February.
In May, Nora and Ruvé went to Tevat Noah, H.I.V.E.'s safe-haven town built under Star City, designed to survive the nuclear destruction of the world caused by the Genesis project. While they were there, Nora and Ruvé were taken hostage again by Lonnie Machin. Team Arrow tried to free them, but ended up causing the destruction of Tevat Noah. In the ensuing chaos, Machin stabbed Ruvé in the heart and managed to escape, while Nora watched as the ceiling of the building they were in collapsed on her mother. John Diggle freed Nora, and Ruvé's dying wish was for Oliver to protect Nora and save her from the surrounding explosion.
When Damien learned about the destruction of Tevat Noah, his first two questions were whether his wife and Nora were safe. On learning that Ruvé was dead, he changed his plans, trying to destroy the world rather than attempting to rebuild it; though Nora was still alive, Damien claimed he was doing it for her, to save her from the pain of growing up without her mother. To do this, he went straight to Felicity Smoak to try to force her to help him regain control of the nuclear missiles she had previously prevented from launching. Oliver and John arrived, and tried to stop him, but as Damien was about to kill Oliver, Thea arrived with Nora, and threatened to kill Nora if Damien did not let him go (something which later made Thea reflect and decide to leave Team Arrow). He agreed, and escaped, taking his daughter to safety.
Damien took Nora to his nexus chamber in City Hall, to wait for the end of the world. Just as Nora told Damien that she found it a scary place, and missed Ruvé, an A.R.G.U.S. assault team arrived to take out Damien, but were quickly killed by him. A short while later Oliver arrived as the Green Arrow and challenged Damien to one final battle. Oliver was thrown out of the nexus chamber onto the street, and as Damien attacked him, a crowd formed supporting Oliver, who managed to use his Light of the Soul to counteract Damien's dark magic. They fought hand-to-hand until Team Arrow and the Ghosts arrived and fought, with the crowd joining in against the Ghosts. The fight ended with Oliver breaking his own oath by killing Damien.
Possessed by MallusAfter Damien was killed, Nora was placed into child services under the alias "Emily". With her name taken from her and both of her parents dead, she became lonely and afraid which drove her to become a target to the mysterious demon known as Mallus. During this time John Constantine, unaware of the identity of both Nora and the demon, attempted to rid her of Mallus. He was unsuccessful, and she was admitted to the Sumner Asylum at Star City on September 23, 2017. When Constantine went to the asylum to try to exorcise Mallus, the demon possessed Nora, telling him that he would take both her, and also Sara Lance, before the exorcism was interrupted by the asylum staff.Constantine sought help from Sara, who identified the demon, and insisted on helping him free her, along with the Legends. While attempting this, they found out who Nora was, but the exorcism again failed, with Constantine, Sara and Leo Snart being sent back in time by Mallus before Nora regained control of her body. The next day, Nora was brought out of the asylum by Ray Palmer and Zari Tomaz.
Ray and Zari brought her to CC Jitters to calm her down. Although it was working, after seeing the TV of her father's death, Nora became scared again and therefore, Mallus took control of her once more and proceeded to fight Ray and Zari while destroying the cafe. Sara, determined to help Nora, traveled to Mallus' dimension and got her out, therefore freeing her from Mallus' control. Much to her amazement, her father Damien Darhk appeared to her in the cafe. Damien says to Nora that Mallus is no demon, but that he is her "savior", and that she must allow him to guide her childhood in order to ensure Damien's resurrection in her adulthood. When the asylum orderly show up to escort her back, Damien encourages her go with them.
Nora grew up as a loyal follower of Mallus and began inheriting his powers as her own. She also started going by the name "Madame Eleanor" and followed his commands in order to resurrect her father. The demon also granted her a talisman that allowed her to traverse time at will. At some point she learned Oliver Queen was in fact The Green Arrow and grew to harbor resentment towards him for killing her father. In approximately 2039 she began travelling through time to revive her father.
As Mallus needed a Blood Moon to resurrect her father, Nora went into the past to recover his body immediately after it had been buried. However, due to the Legends' blunder in Aruba, anachronisms were popping up all over time and Damien's corpse ended up in 1895 London. Traveling into the past, Nora went by the name Madame Eleanor, a medium capable of communicating with the deceased. She then employed the service of Sir Henry Stein and the cult of the Order of the Shrouded Compass, promising to show them that one can come back from the dead. They gathered fresh blood in order to sustain her father's body in preparation for a ritual to resurrect him during the blood moon. When the activities of the cult drew in Rip Hunter and the Legends, she went on to ensnare Zari Tomaz with a message from her deceased brother. Later, she stole her Air Totem.
When Rip demanded to speak with Mallus, Nora allowed her master to possess her to speak with him; once the time came for the blood moon, Nora was given her body back and laughed in triumpth. Her father was back, and his magic had been returned as a gift from Mallus. During the battle with the Time Bureau and Legends, Zari recovered her Air Totem, but Nora and her father escaped.
Soon after, she accompanied her father with Kuasa to 1930s Hollywood, where they fought with the Legends over Helen of Troy. While Sara Lance dueled with Damien, she defeated the rest of the Legends, before helping her father. She was about to kill Sara when Firestorm intervened, and overpowered both her and Damien combined, causing them both to quickly leave that time, but leaving Sara in a coma.
Later, Nora returned with her father to 1000 A.D., the two posing as a Valkyrie and Odin, respectively. During the battle, she was defeated by Mick Rory and Leo Snart; seeing his daughter unconscious, Damien became enraged and chose to escape with her.
While in the 1717's Bahmamas, Nora managed to stole Amaya Jiwe's Anansi Totem and later tried to retrive the Earth Totem leading to a fight with its wielder, the seemingly zombiefied Anne Queen, and the Legends, during wich she tried to siphon the life-force of Amaya but is shot with a dart of anti-magic gun by Ray Palmer that left her on deaths doorstep. Later, feeling guilty, Ray came back to the place where he shot her and gave Nora a cure in exchange for the Anansi Totem but, after she was cured, Nora attacked and almost killed Ray, chosing to knocking him out only when her father suggest it would have been a better option to take him as their prisoner.
Stranded in 1960s East Germany with Ray Palmer
After learning of a long dead scientist in communist East Berlin in 1962 who's could help fix the shattered Fire Totem. Nora volunteers for the mission saying she's best choice of not risking any paradoxes due to her father's younger self being there. She takes Ray since he speaks "Geek" and together they go to the past.Younger Darhk tried to kill Vogal, but Ray Palmer and Nora Darhk rescued him and escaped. The following day, Darhk tried to kill Vogal again as the group tried to get in West Berlin but failed. They were rescued by Damien's future version who came after them after he noticed they were late coming back. Mad that her father came and possibly jeopardized the mission and after a few hurtful words Nora was kidnapped by her father's younger self. Agreeing to a trade for his daughter's life for the scientist the Present Day and Younger versions of the men but younger Darhk tricked him and threw Nora out of the roof, but not before he shot Vogal. Future Darhk used his magic to catch Nora, and Damien tried to use the situation for his adventage. Darhk shot his future self, but Future Darhk caught the bullets with his magic. The two started fighting, while future Darhk tried to catch Nora. During the fight, Darhk was impressed from his opponent's magic powers, and noted that he should study it in the future. Eventually, Nora finally got her powers from the Anansi Totem and defeated younger Darhk.
Dr. Vogal later died from his injuries, but not before he gave Ray Palmer the secrets for cold fusion. Nora was unsuccessfully in getting it from him and witnessed Ray purposely causing an Aberration by blasting the Berlin Wall. Immediately Ray got rescued by a speedster who also picket pocketed the Fire Totem. After returning to the future father and daughter cleared up their issues with one other however Mallus possession of Nora grew stronger.
Conversing with Sara in Mallus' dimension
After The Death Totem corrupts Sara Lance her spirit is trapped in the spirit realm where Nora shows up. She gives Sara a brief history on the totem and reveals it's the one that works in Mallus's favor which why it was erased from history of the totems. She tries to convince Sara that life not full of regret and guilt would be the path best chosen for her and shows her a old mission from which she carried out from underneath the League of Assassins orders in which the victim's daughter stumbled upon her dying father. Nora remained emotionless while watching this play out as Sara had earlier pointed out that her path of villainy didn't start when Oliver killed her father and that Sara once helped Nora regain control of herself when Mallus took over to try and kill two of her teammates, Zari and Ray. As Sara regained control, she left the realm. Nora yelled out to her that she was making a mistake, but Sara reassured her that she wasn't.
As a child, Nora was kind, caring, polite and innocent. She also loved both her parents very much. Seemingly stemming from the murders of Damien Darhk and Ruvé Adams, as an adult, Nora has adopted all of her parent's absolute worst traits, becoming very cold, cruel, arrogant and ruthless. She is also manipulative and sadistic, using people's emotions against them and reveling in other people's misfortunes. However, she is not quite pure evil, as her father Damien remains very important to her (she was willing to siphon Sara Lance's life force when she witnessed Sara had a sword to her father's throat).
Though occasionally taking smug, sadistic pleasure in other people's misfortunes, Nora does not quite take her cruel sense of humor as far as her father; after discovering that Martin Stein was trapped in Jefferson Jackson's body, he fell into an uncontrollable laughter, but she was unaffected and seemed to have no humor about it, instead calmly asking him if he needed a moment before they chased after their enemies.
Upon becoming a permanent vessel for Mallus, Nora's character took a turn for the worse the stronger he became inside her, with her becoming even more violent, sadistic, and conceited than before, to the point that her father, fearing for her safety and at last admitting to missing his daughter as she'd been before Mallus and working with the Legends to try and exorcise Mallus from her. Once separated from Mallus, Nora returned to her typical personality, now bitter from the second death of her father and the prospect of being a prisoner of the Time Bureau.
Powers and abilities
- Dark magic: It is unconfirmed what the source of her powers is, though it is speculated that Nora draws power from Mallus himself to fuel her dark powers. However, Nora has also displayed similar powers as those used by her father, Damien Darhk through the Khushu Idol. But after Ray shot her with the Anti-magic gun, she seems to have more difficulty accessing her powers.
- Life-Force absorption: Nora can siphon the life-force from people and kill them through physical contact.
- Mediumship: Nora is able to communicate with Mallus and speak for him. She is also able to see into the true nature of people, as she quickly determined that Martin Stein and Jefferson Jackson had switched bodies. Her eyes turn red when she uses mediumship.
- Telekinesis: Nora can move and otherwise exert force objects and people with her mind. This notably allowed her to could stop and launch multiple projectiles or to crush objects, such as flames, without physically touching them.Nora can also use her telekinesis to rip things out of one’s body, such as she did when she ripped the Water Totem out of Kuasa’s heart.
- Thermokinesis: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to control flames of the Heat Gun and cryoblasts of Cold Gun.
- Photokinesis: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to control light blasts of the A.T.O.M. Exosuit.
- Electrokinesis: While channeling the power of Mallus, Nora is about to control electricity such as absorbing and redirecting Wally’s lightning.
- Energy Projection: While channeling the powers of Mallus, Nora is able to project a powerful dark energy, purple in color, and is concussive in nature. Her blasts can be used as waves or beams, and are powerful enough to knock three of the Legends down.
- Water Totem: Nora’s powers also come from the Water Totem, an ancient Zambezi totem that channels and harnesses the power of water.
- Air Totem: Nora's temporary powers came from the Air Totem, a totem that channels and harnesses the power of air.
- Anansi Totem: After Damien Darhk stole the Anansi Totem from Amaya Jiwe, he gave it to his daughter. However, Nora learned from Kuasa that she could only tap into the Totem's power when she had a selfless reason for doing so. When her father was struggling to save her from falling while fighting off his 1962 counterpart, Nora told him to let her go. This enabled her to activate the totem. Unlike Amaya, access the totem's power manifests the spirits in a purple aura.
- Skilled hand-to-hand combatant/Martial artist: Presumably, due to her father being Damien Darhk, Nora might have received training from her father to protect herself and to fight others. She can be seen using krav maga when fighting guards and soldiers.
- Skilled interrogator/Torturer: Nora is a skilled torturer and seem to used to take pleasure out of torturing others, until Ray convinced her that 'torture is not the answer', and now somewhat disagrees with her father in methods of extracting information from people.
- Master of deception: Nora is an exceptional liar, and got great improvisation skills.
- Bilingual: Nora is capable of fluently speaking English and German.
- Anti-magic gun: When Nora attempted to kill Amaya, Ray shot Nora with a special nanite pistol he'd built to counteract Mallus' magic, which may have cost Nora her life if not for a cure Ray gave her afterward.
- Aberrations/Anachronisms (presumed): The more aberrations and anachronisms that are being made, the more likely that Mallus takes more control of Nora's body. After the aberration Ray created by blasting a hole in the Berlin Wall in 1962, Mallus had noticeably gained more control over Nora's body, black liquid is also seen flowing through Nora's veins when Mallus was briefly trying to possess her.
- Light magic (presumed): Much like her father, Nora's powers come from Dark magic so it is very likely that if one person can focus their natural life energy into positive sources of strength (i.e. hope, love, joy, etc) then her magic will ultimately prove to be ineffective against the target and even repel her from trying to absorb the said person's life-force.
- Water Totem: After the betrayal of Kuasa , Nora used her magic to draw the Water Totem out of Kuasa, causing it to re-form.
- Time stone: Nora used a mystical stone that allows her the powers of teleportation and time travel. It was destroyed by a gun by the 1962 version of Damien Darhk.
- Air Totem: After tricking Zari into giving her totem to her, she used the necklace to manipulate the air. Zari managed to get it back during the fight that followed.
- Anansi Totem: After her father stole it from Amaya Jiwe, Nora acquired the Anansi Totem to summon the spirit of any animal, but she could only summon the powers of the totem when she has selfless reasons to use it but Kuasa betrayed her and give it back to Amaya.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- In "", Nora states that she has been mourning her mother for 23 years, that implies that the adult version of Nora is from around the year of 2039, thus she is 35 or 36 years old as of that episode.
- Nora has a taste for CC Jitters' hot chocolate with caramel cream since she was a kid.
- Ray seems to have developed affections for Nora after prolonged interaction with her in Damien Darhk's captivity and subsequent adventure in 1962, and believes there may be some good in her after meeting her teenage-self in 2017.
- In "" they appeared to have similar interests musicals/movies) when playing a game of Heads Up in Jitters with Zari.
- Nora was the person who most used the The Totems of Zambesi, using three totems, all of them being stolen from their original owners.
- In "" she stole from Zari Tomaz, the Air Totem, which was recovered by the Legends at the end of that episode.
- In "" her father, Damien Darhk stole from Amaya Jiwe the Anansi Totem. In "" she was wearing the Anansi Totem, which was recovered in "".
- In "" she used her magic to take the Totem of the Water of Kuasa and after the death of the same, Nora happened to use it.