- For other uses of the name "Nora", see Nora (disambiguation).
Nora Fries is the wife of Victor Fries, a criminal active in Gotham City. At some point, Nora became a patient at Arkham Asylum. She was kept in a cryostasis chamber due to having MacGregor's Syndrome.
After Deegan released all of the patients to distract the heroes pursuing him, Nora was also released from cryostasis. She scoured the building in search of the freeze gun her husband used in order to get her body temperature back to 196 degrees below zero. She was interrupted by Caitlin Snow, who proceeded to turn into Killer Frost. Nora blasted her with the freeze gun, knocking her down. As Oliver Queen and Barry Allen arrive to her aid, Nora runs off, despite "Barry" using his superspeed against her. It is unknown if Nora managed to escaped Arkham or was captured during the round-up of the patients.
- Expert markswoman: Nora was able to use her husband's freeze gun without difficulty, being accurate enough to hit Killer Frost and knock her out briefly.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC comics, Nora Fries is the wife of Victor Fries and was diagnosed with MacGregor's Syndrome, prompting Victor to cryogenically preserve her to find a cure. His attempts failed and a lab accident caused him to become the ice villain Mr. Freeze. After she was exposed to a Lazarus Pit, Nora became the fire-conjuring supervillain Lazara. She debuted in the Batman: The Animated Series episode Heart of Ice (September, 1992), later being introduced to the comics in the one-shot Batman: Mr. Freeze (May, 1997).
- Nora Fries' actress, Cassandra Jean Amell, is the real life wife of Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen.
- She is the fourth woman named Nora to appear in the Arrowverse, after Nora Allen, Nora Darhk and Nora West-Allen.