- For other uses of "Obsidian", see Obsidian (disambiguation).
Obsidian North, simply Obsidian, was an advanced technology company located in National City.
Richard Bates was a beta-tester for the Obsidian Platinum virtual reality lenses; he disliked his experience because he caught his wife enjoying time with another man, but when he tried to escape the reality the failsafe did not work. He reported the problem to Kelly Olsen and Margot Morrison continued the exit interview.
Since Alex did not want to go to her father's funeral, but Kelly did not want to go to Midvale without her, Kelly sat in her office, letting Alex have time alone in their apartment. William Dey asked Kelly why was Lex Luthor launching so many satellites, but Kelly told him that that had nothing to do with Obsidian Platinum.
When Lex returned from introducing Obsidian Platinum to over a hundred different countries, he was greeted by Andrea and Gemma Cooper. Later, Gamemnae showed her anger with Lex for allowing one of her agents to be captured and for killing Margot Morrison.
On the day of the Worldwide Unity Festival, Gamemnae conversed with the Elder in Gemma Cooper's office, but only Lex saw Gemma's transformation during the conversation. Later, Lex talked her into sending Acrata to kill Supergirl, causing Andrea to learn finally that Leviathan and Obsidian North were linked through Gemma.
When news was released that the Festival was associated with Leviathan and because Supergirl told people not to use Obsidian Platinum, Obsidian North was viewed negatively by the public and Bernardo Rojas publicly blamed Andrea, causing stocks to fall for the company. Anticipating this, Andrea turned into Acrata to use her father's computer to buy stocks; this kept Andrea wealthy while bankrupting Bernardo. After the stock fall, Obsidian North went out of business, leaving Kelly Olsen unemployed, and Andrea wanting revenge on Lex for his part in its downfall.
- Obsidian Tech
- Obsidian North is beta-testing a line of augmented reality contact lenses which makes the wearer's eyes glow silver.
- One of Obsidian North's VR projects is a virtual gym that allows the user to work out in several exotic environments.
- Kelly Olsen's new job with Obsidian North involves using their virtual reality technology to treat patients with dementia and PTSD.
Behind the scenes
- Obsidian North is likely a reference to JLA: The Obsidian Age, the story arc in which Gamemnae and her League of Ancients debuted.
|Other versions of Obsidian North (Earth-Prime)|
|To see other versions of this company, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Obsidian North.|