- "My son was popular with the men who served under him, and the Shogun resented him for it. So he ordered Oda to commit seppuku."
- —Ichiro Yamashiro on Oda Yamashiro[src]
In Feudal Japan, living around the 17th century, Oda was a popular samurai under the reign of the tyrannical Shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu. Tokugawa was jealous of Oda's popularity among his crew and had Oda killed. Oda's remaining armor and katana were sent back to his father and sister.
Masako and Ichiro later avenged Oda's death with the aid of the Legends. Ray Palmer used Oda's armor to protect himself from Tokugawa Iemitsu in a duel, and Nate Heywood brought Iemitsu down with Oda's katana.
Powers and abilities
- Peak of human physical condition: As a samurai, Oda would have had to be in incredibly physical condition to serve under the shogun.
- Skilled swordsman: Oda utilized a custom katana made for him by his father, Ichiro, for him as a samurai.
- Yamashiro family katana: This katana sword, described as "fit for an emperor", was created by Ichiro Yamashiro for Oda. It has been passed throughout generations of Yamashiro family, including Masako Yamashiro.
- Oda Yamashiro's armor: This armor was crafted by Ichiro for his son, Oda Yamashiro, but ended up of no use when the jealous Iemitsu ordered Oda to commit seppuku. Ichiro lent the armor to Ray Palmer for his duel against the Shogun, who then returned it back to its owner.
DC's Legends of Tomorrow