- "Do you know how hard it has been to keep all of this from you, especially from you? Because the truth is, I've grown quite fond of you. And in many ways, you have shown me what it's like to have a son. Forgive me, but to me, you've been dead for centuries."
- —Harrison Wells to Cisco Ramon before killing him
"Out of Time" is the fifteenth episode of the first season of , and the fifteenth episode overall. It aired on March 17, 2015.
|Mark Mardon aka The Weather Wizard appears in Central City intent on avenging his brother Clyde's death, and sets his sights on Joe, who shot Clyde. When Mardon attacks Joe and Barry, Barry is able to super-speed them to safety but Mardon gets away. Barry warns Joe not to go after a meta-human alone but Joe doesn't listen and ends up in grave danger. Meanwhile, Cisco looks into the night the team captured the Reverse Flash and realizes something doesn't add up and begins to wonder whether Joe was right about Dr. Wells. Barry and Linda Park end up on an awkward double date with Eddie and Iris.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West
- Danielle Panabaker as Dr. Caitlin Snow
- Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Tom Cavanagh as Professor Eobard Thawne
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Joe West
- Liam McIntyre as Mark Mardon/Weather Wizard
- Roger Howarth as Mason Bridge
- Malese Jow as Linda Park
- Chad Rook as Clyde Mardon
- Patrick Sabongui as Captain David Singh
They watched as the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator exploded. The explosion caused the plane to explode. Clyde fell out of the plane while Mark went down with it.
Clyde and Mark were separated and neither knew of the other's survival. However, both gained the power of atmokinesis. Mark's status had been unknown and generally presumed as deceased for over a year.
Linda Park and Barry end up going out bowling. They start flirting and kiss when Iris spots them. They end up joining Iris and Eddie on a double date. Linda and Barry begin flirting again when Iris goes up to Barry and wipes a bit of sauce off his face. Iris and Barry's closeness agitates both Linda and Eddie.
Meanwhile, at the Central City Morgue, Mark Mardon appears. He asks the coroner the name of the cop who shot his brother. The coroner refuses to answer so Mark tortures the coroner by repeatedly hitting him with hail, using his powers over the weather. A recording reveals that Mardon is now after Detective Joe West. In the confrontation between Mardon and Joe, Mardon shoots lightning at Joe, but Captain Singh pushes Joe and is hit instead. Barry stops Mardon by using the Wizard's Wand but unfortunately Mardon escapes. Barry rushes Captain Singh to the hospital. Joe goes off to face Mardon on his own and orders Barry to stay away from Mardon and keep Iris safe. Barry looks for Iris in Central City Picture News and encounters Mason Bridge. Bridge reveals that he has evidence that Wells killed Simon Stagg.
Dr. Wells and Caitlin are enjoying a nice breakfast. Caitlin awkwardly tries to delay him. Caitlin asks the barista for to go cups and when she looks back to Dr. Wells, he is gone. She stares in shock
Eddie gives an impassioned speech to the entirety of the Central City Police Department. Mardon calls Iris and tells her to meet him at the waterfront and that he'll kill Joe if she tells anyone.
Cisco finds a hologram, and watches the recording. Dr. Wells comes up behind him. Dr. Wells reveals himself as Eobard Thawne, a distant relative to Eddie Thawne. He reveals that he can appear as two different people, using after images or speed mirages. Thawne explains that he did, in fact, kill Nora Allen. He continues on to a teary-eyed Cisco that he was like a son to him. Thawne shoves an arm through Cisco and tells him that Cisco has been dead to him for centuries.
At the waterfront, Barry and Iris spot a giant tidal wave headed for the city. Iris finally confess her feelings for Barry and they share a kiss, and Barry reveals that he is the Flash to Iris and leaves. Caitlin calls Barry to tell him of Dr. Wells' disappearance but Barry cuts her off and asks her how to stop the wave. Caitlin tells him to create a wall of wind to stop the tidal wave.
Barry runs around the world and unknowing goes through a blue portal and sees himself running to the Morgue. He appears to replace himself from earlier in the episode. He returns to the moment before heading to the Morgue.
Preparation began December 3, 2014, and ran until December 11, 2014. Shooting ran from December 12, 2014 and ran until January 8, 2015.
- This is the highest rated episode of The Flash with a rating of 9.7 on IMDb.
- Harrison's real name is revealed to be Eobard Thawne, the name of the second Reverse-Flash, Professor Zoom, from the DC comic books, as well as a distant relative of Eddie Thawne.
- Cisco is revealed to be a fan of the TV series The Walking Dead.
- Thawne tells Cisco that he has been "marooned here in this place for 15 long years". Indeed, this episode aired on March 17, 2015 while Nora Allen was murdered by Thawne during the night of March 18, 2000. This makes Thawne's statement remarkably precise.
- Because of Barry traveling back in time at the end of the episode, most of the events of this episode were erased and changed in the next episode ("").
- When Barry realizes he's gone back in time he exclaims, "Oh boy." This was the catchphrase of Dr. Sam Beckett whenever he traveled in time on Quantum Leap.
- Cisco remarks he has been waiting since week 1 to use the name Weather Wizard, an obvious reference to the first episode of the series in which Clyde Mardon has weather-controlling abilities, and his brother, Mark Mardon (the original Weather Wizard), is presumed dead.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|