- "Among the many misconceptions humanity holds dear is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those who are greater. They are called heroes. But even among heroes, there are different echelons. The highest belongs to those known as the paragons. And they are the only hope of all creation."
- —Mar Novu on Paragons[src]
Paragons are a class of the multiverse's greatest heroes. The Monitor described them as seven beings of the purest will who would ultimately defeat the Anti-Monitor, which they eventually did. Aside from Jennifer Pierce and refugees from various destroyed Earths, the Paragons are also the last remnants of the original multiverse and they currently reside on Earth-Prime within the new multiverse. They were succeeded by a new team formed on Earth-Prime.
After Oliver Queen died earlier than expected and Earth-38 was destroyed, The Monitor went back in time and consulted the Book of Destiny, discovering of the existence of the Paragons, and their part to play in defeating the Anti-Monitor. In doing this, he explained their existence to a group of heroes, among whom two existed, Kara Danvers and Sara Lance, giving them the task of finding the others. They found one on Earth-96, Clark Kent, and ultimately discovered another of their own to be one, Kate Kane.
After Ray completed the Paragon detector with the help of Cisco, they were able to identify J'onn J'onzz, Barry Allen, and Ryan Choi as the last three, being the Paragons of Honor, Love, and Humanity, respectively.
With the entire multiverse destroyed, the Paragons were sent to the Vanishing Point by Pariah. However, due to Lex Luthor meddling with his own fate by rewriting a page from the Book of Destiny, he replaced Earth-96's Clark Kent as the Paragon of Truth.
Stuck at the Vanishing Point
The Paragons remained trapped at the Vanishing Point for months, where each member dealt with it in their own different ways. Barry tried to access the Speed Force to find a way to escape, but his powers were too weak. They met a newly-resurrected Oliver, who is now the Spectre. He told the Paragons that the Anti-Monitor had gone back to the Dawn of Time to cement his antimatter universe, and that they need to stop him. Using his multiversal connection, Oliver gave Barry a "boost" and he took J'onn, Kate and Sara to the dawn of time and Kara, Lex, and Ryan to the planet Maltus to stop Mar Novu from commencing his experiment.
Battle at the Dawn of Time
While traveling to the dawn of time through the Speed Force, Barry, J'onn, Kate and Sara were attacked by the Anti-Monitor knocking them into the Speed Force. Oliver used his new powers in order to keep them from being spat out into the antimatter void. Barry was able to locate everyone and then traveled to Maltus to retrieve Kara, Lex, and Ryan. On Maltus, Lex used his new powers, that have gave himself using the Book of Destiny, to knock out Kara and Ryan. He then went to find Mar Novu. Lex tried to bargain with Mar Novu promising to share his knowledge of the future with Mar Novu as long as Mar Novu helped Lex rewrite history to Lex's will. Before they could make a deal, Kara arrived and started to fight Lex. While Kara and Lex were fighting, Ryan was able to convince Mar Novu to abandon his experiment. Barry arrived and took Kara, Lex, and Ryan, as well as the other Paragons, to the dawn of time to fight the Anti-Monitor. The Paragons fought off an army of Shadow demons, while Oliver fought the Anti-Monitor. Oliver used his new powers, at the cost of his own life, to create a new multiverse seemingly destroying the Anti-Monitor in the process. While Barry and Sara mourned the death of Oliver, the Paragons were transported to a new Earth.
Final battle on Earth-Prime
Transported to Earth-Prime, the Paragons are the only ones who retain any memory of the original multiverse. After they regrouped and J'onn restored the memories of Team Arrow, Team Flash, the Legends, the Superfriends, Harrison Nash Wells, and Black Lightning, they helped fight off a giant Beebo in Star City. After defeating the giant Beebo, while having a conversation, Barry and Sara were attacked a Shadow demon making them realize that the Anti-Monitor was back and targeting the Paragons. The Paragons, minus Lex, regrouped in the Arrowcave and along with Team Arrow, the Superfriends, Ray, and Nash Wells, they came up with a plan to defeat the Anti-Monitor once and for all. After successfully defeating the Anti-Monitor, Barry formed a new team to protect Earth-Prime in the future.
- Kara Zor-El/Supergirl - Paragon of Hope
- Sara Lance/White Canary - Paragon of Destiny
- Lex Luthor - Paragon of Truth (rewrote reality using the Book of Destiny to replace Clark Kent/Superman)
- Kate Kane/Batwoman - Paragon of Courage
- J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter - Paragon of Honor
- Barry Allen/The Flash - Paragon of Love
- Ryan Choi - Paragon of Humanity
- Clark Kent/Superman - Paragon of Truth (before Lex Luthor rewrote reality using the Book of Destiny to replace him)
- Team Flash
- John Diggle/Spartan (operating in Metropolis)
- Nyssa al Ghul
- Clark Kent/Superman
- Lois Lane
- Lena Luthor
- Lyla Michaels (operating in Metropolis)
- Kelly Olsen
- Jefferson Pierce/Black Lightning
- Mia Queen/Green Arrow (operating in 2040)
- Ray Terrill/The Ray
- Wally West/Kid Flash
- Cisco Ramon
- Justice Alliance (operating on Earth-D; inactive)
- Legends (operating on Earth-74; inactive)
- Barry Allen/The Flash (deceased)
- Mar Novu/The Monitor (deceased)
- Oliver Queen/Green Arrow (operating on Earth-16; status unknown)
- Oliver Queen/Green Arrow/Spectre (deceased)
- Mobius/Anti-Monitor (shrinking for eternity)
- Shadow demons (extinct)
- Lex Luthor (became the Paragon of Truth)
- Bruce Wayne (deceased)
- Lyla Michaels/Harbinger (corrupted by the Anti-Monitor; later freed)
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
- This is the second team of heroes from multiple Earths, the first being the Trinity, two of which are also Paragons.
- This is a diverse team of heroes consisting of vigilantes, aliens, a meta-human, scientists, time travelers, and even a terrorist.
- This is the third organization to control the Vanishing Point, the first being the Time Masters and the second being the Legion of Doom.
- However, they are the first team of heroes to control the Vanishing Point.