The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- "Someone just reminded me that... we're no good to the people that we love if we can't find the strength to move forward and forgive ourselves."
- "Thanks, Oprah."
- —Barry trying to help Hartley through his grief.
|When Godspeed returns, Barry turns to Hartley Rathaway for help. However, things get tense quickly after Barry realizes one of the changes from Crisis is that the Flash and Pied Piper are now enemies. Meanwhile, Iris tries to escape the Mirrorverse.|
- Grant Gustin as Barry Allen/The Flash
- Candice Patton as Iris West-Allen
- Danielle Panabaker as Frost
- Carlos Valdes as Cisco Ramon
- Hartley Sawyer as Ralph Dibny
- Danielle Nicolet as Defense Attorney Cecile Horton
- Efrat Dor as Dr. Eva McCulloch
- Tom Cavanagh as Dr. Harrison Nash Wells
- Jesse L. Martin as Captain Joe West
- Andy Mientus as Hartley Rathaway/Pied Piper
- Victoria Park as Kamilla Hwang
- Kayla Compton as Allegra Garcia
- BD Wong as Godspeed (voice)
- Unknown as the first unnamed Godspeed
- Unknown as the second unnamed Godspeed
- Unknown as the third unnamed Godspeed
- Unknown as the fourth unnamed Godspeed
- The title references the phrase from the tale Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Cicada's dagger makes an appearance in this episode.
- Iris mentions to Kamilla that only she is allowed to wear Cisco's Chewbacca t-shirt, referencing the character from the Star Wars franchise.
- Barry states that the events of "" through this episode have occurred over a period of 5 weeks.
- The way Godspeed runs around the side of a building to incapacitate The Flash is in the exactly the same way as in the season premiere albeit the roles are reversed.
- The city of Atlantis was mentioned by the end of the episode. It is home of the DC superhero Aquaman.
- Barry is shown throwing lightning during his flashback battle with Hartley. This means Barry learned the power earlier in the new, post-Crisis timeline, presumably from Eobard Thawne since Hunter Zolomon's storyline without being from Earth-2 would've been entirely different.
- Hartley initially thinks Nash is his Wells. Nash tries to explain the multiverse, but Barry passes him off as a twin brother.
- Godspeed's thirst for Barry's speed and homicidal tendencies easily resemble Zoom's behavior back in season 2.
- Frost is shown reading the novel Uncaged Desire, which was written by Mick Rory.
- When Flash and Pied Piper combined their powers to defeat Godspeed, Cisco commented that they "crossed streams"; this is a reference to the 1984 film Ghostbusters where the heroes were warned to "never cross the streams" of their proton pack guns because the results were unpredictable.
- Frost texts Ralph with an "emergency," but when he shows up, there is none, and she calls it "payback," a reference to when Ralph did the same thing to Frost in "".
- It was previously established that post-Crisis, Hartley has meta-human powers that just so happen to have more-or-less the same effect as the tech he utilizes anyway. However, this plot point is never brought up once in this episode, and in battle he still only uses his gauntlets, even though he has a sonic scream that can serve the same purpose.
- It's possible they serve as amplifiers in Earth-Prime's version of reality, or that he simply prefers using his gauntlets over utilizing his sonic scream.
- It was previously established that "reflections" possess all their mirror templates' memories. So Kamilla asking Iris to recall a personal detail would by no means prove that she is the real Iris.
- However, it's likely that Kamilla is unaware of this, given she's never properly met a reflection.
- A flashback is shown that would be a scene from the first season of The Flash, in which Barry throws lightning at Roderick. However, in season 1, Barry didn't launch lightning, because Zoom did not teach Barry how to throw lightning until season 2.
- This could be another change caused by Crisis.
- The Mirrorverse version of the Flash suit appears as it would in the normal world. It should be reversed, appearing as a reflection of the Earth-Prime version.
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • ""|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.