- "Everyone in here; we're the most dependable friends the people of Metropolis have. You remember that."
"Uh... yes sir!"
"Stick with Lane. She'll show you the ropes."
- —Perry White to Clark Kent after hiring him.[src]
In the new multiverse, Perry White hired Clark Kent to the Daily Planet and introduced him to Lois Lane. By the present day, he was succeeded by Samuel Foswell as editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet.
Perry White had a great career as an investigative reporter prior to becoming editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet and is regarded as one of the world's greatest journalists. Cat Grant started out as Perry's assistant, and she mentioned that in one occasion, Perry was so furious at one of his reporters for failing to meet a delivery that he threw his chair against a window, causing it to fall outside onto the street.
Dawn of Supergirl
When Siobhan Smythe caught Supergirl on tape letting a K'hund get away and Cat refused to run the scoop, she called Perry to send the tape to him and use it as a route to be hired at the Planet. However, once Cat learned about Siobhan's treachery, she fired her and persuaded Perry not to hire her either.
During the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Perry White as well as everyone in the multiverse except for the seven Paragons, was killed in an antimatter wave by the Anti-Monitor on December 10, 2019, only to be restored a month later, after the Paragons and the Spectre created a new universe.
- "Okay. There's no health insurance or overtime."
"Not a problem."
"And you need to pick up my dry cleaning every Thursday."
- —Perry White explaining the terms of Clark Kent's employment[src]
Perry White was the editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet when Clark Kent was hired as a journalist, introducing him to Lois Lane. Some of the terms he set for Clark's hire were no health insurance, no overtime, and to pick up his dry cleaning every Thursday.
Superman & Lois
- Perry's caller name on Clark's phone is "Mr. White".
Behind the scenes
- Perry White first appeared in Superman #7 (November, 1940) and was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. He is the boss of Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen, as well as a close friend and ally of Superman.
|Other versions of Perry White|
|To see other versions of this character, click the Earth name below for that Earth's counterpart of Perry White.|
|Earth: 38 • 96|