Member of the Crime Syndicate
In 2014, the man was in Central City when the particle accelerator exploded and he witnessed the creation of hyperhumans. The man joined four other hyperhumans – Johnny Quick, Owlman, Superwoman, and Ultraman – to form the Crime Syndicate of America and took on the alias "Power Ring". The Crime Syndicate soon took over of the United States, with each member controlling a different part of the country. Power Ring's territory included Coast City.
- The following took place in an alternate timeline where Flashpoint never happened.
Invading another Earth
In 2018, Owlman built a device that could create an interdimensional breach in order to escape the annihilation of their universe by the Anti-Matter Man. The Syndicate opened the breach in Central City and escaped through it after breaking Johnny Quick out of jail. Upon arriving another Earth, Power Ring and the others started causing chaos for fun.
During a battle with some of this universe's heroes, Power Ring fought with Ultraman when they wanted to kill the same hero. Later, he was trying to destroy a building when a Breacher blasted him so hard that Power Ring began plummeting to the ground until a speedster in a red suit saved him. After getting back up, an archer punched him, knocking Power Ring out.
Powers and abilities
- Abilities via his ring: All of Power Ring's powers come from his ring:
- Flight: Power Ring's ring gave him the ability to manipulate his own gravitational field, allowing him to fly.
- Superhuman strength: Power Ring's ring made him strong enough to destroy an entire building.
- Construction by will: Power Ring's ring gave him the ability to construct anything he envisioned.
- Addiction: The ring has a side effect that causes its user to become addicted to it.
- Diminished intellect: Possibly to his ring addiction, Power Ring isn't known to be particularly intelligent, as he isn't creative enough to create anything to increase his capabilities.
- Ring: Power Ring carried a ring with unknown properties, which granted him his powers.
- In , Power Ring was mentioned to be a hyperhuman who got his powers from the particle accelerator but in , it was retconned that he gained powers from his ring.
Behind the scenes
- In the DC Comics, Harold Jordan of Earth 3 was the most cowardly man in his universe. He became Power Ring due to the Ring of Volthoom, the opposite of a Green Lantern Ring, feeding on his fear. Harold joined the Crime Syndicate, but eventually grew terrified of his powers since the ring was slowly killing him.
- The name "Power Ring" was used in the comics as an alternative term for the Lantern Rings. In fact, it was used more commonly than the actual name.