- "Where I'm from, children learn about Per Degaton the same way that children in your time learn about Adolf Hitler."
- —Rip Hunter informs the team that the child is a blight upon the world as an adult
Rip tells the team they are headed to the future to take out a powerful ally that Savage needs in order to conquer the world. However, when Rip reveals the ally is a 14-year-old boy who will one day grow into an evil dictator, the team is split about the morality of killing a child, even if it does save the world. Meanwhile, Sara talks Snart through a rough patch and Ray learns something that could impact his future with Kendra.
- It's revealed that Ray has a brother, who looks eerily similar to him.
- His ATOM Exosuit technology would later be used to create peace-keeping androids by his brother's descendant.
- This is the second and last episode to use a flashback story (albeit being short) after "", focusing on Carter's and Kendra's reincarnations as Boardman's with their son Aldus Boardman.
- When attempting to kidnap Per Degaton, Snart sees him as a "Lord Fauntleroy", a reference to the children novel Little Lord Fauntleroy by Frances Hodgson Burnett and its film and television adaptations, the most famous one from 1936.
- Ray uses the alias "Dr. Hannibal Lecter" while talking to his great-great-great-great grandniece Bryce. Hannibal Lecter is a character from the Thomas Harris suspense novels Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Hannibal Rising as well as their subsequent film adaptations.
- When tutoring Per Degaton, Vandal refers to the myth of Oedipus, but subtly edits it to fit his vision for Per Degaton's future; in Savage's version of the myth, while telling the truth that Oedipus's father sent him off to die as a child due to a prophecy, he claims that the prophecy was that Oedipus would take his father's throne when the original myth stated that Oedipus would kill his father, and concludes the myth by confirming that Oedipus returned to fulfill his destiny when in the actual myth Oedipus killed his father without ever knowing who he was until years after the fact.
- In the comics, Per Degaton is a time-traveling enemy of The Justice Society of America.
The first half of preparation ran from December 17 until December 19, 2015. The second half of preparation ran from January 3 until January 11, 2016. Shooting ran from January 12 until January 22, 2016.
- ↑ Rip Crossed the Line in New "Legends of Tomorrow" Plot Synopsis - CBR
- ↑ Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) - Twitter
|"" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • " " • "" • "" • "" • "" • "" • ""|