- "Scared yet? You will be."
When the Flash was recovering from his battle with Fuerza, he encountered a villain that created similar seismic activity to Fuerza. When the Flash arrived, the villain was manipulating two agents of Crows Security by having them see a monster eating civilians. The villain felt insulted by the Flash's attitude that he had bigger problems, so the villain had the Flash see himself attacked by Reverse-Flash and Savitar, allowing the villain to escape.
Dubbed Psych by Cisco Ramon, the villain made the stock brokers believe that they had lost trillions of dollars, their worst fear. As Psych laughed, the Flash, Frost, and Mecha-Vibe arrived, all wearing mental inhibitors; Psych used his power nonetheless and the heroes were stuck in fear as they mentally saw nightmare scenarios. This time the Flash generated energy to fire a bolt; Psych absorbed the bolt and intensified its efforts against the Flash, allowing Psych to escape again.
After his multiple battles with Psych, Barry's fear was manipulated to the point where Barry couldn't fight back. Then, Cecile Horton used Clifford DeVoe's hoverchair to fight off Psych. That night, Psych decided that it wanted all of Central City to fear it so it made a bubble of fear; as this bubble grew, citizens had nightmares and screamed. Psych then disappeared after being hit by Cecile's psychic wave.
Powers and abilities
- Sage Force connection/Meta-human phisiology: As a host to the Sage Force, Psych is directly linked to it and draws all of his power from it.
- Empathy: Psych is able to use his powers of empathy to make other individuals feel what he wants them to feel.
- Fear inducement: Psych can manipulate the fears of other individuals including the members of Team Flash.
- Eye transformation: Psych's eyes change colour to glow purple when he uses his powers.
- Energy absorption: Psych absorbed the lightning thrown by the Flash, a power shared with Fuerza.
- Indomitable will: As Psych primarily uses fear to subdue other individuals' courage. Cecile Horton amplified Barry Allen's courage around Central City, causing him to disappear.
- Psych's powers are similar to those of Gayle Marsh/Psi. Though it's unknown if she also uses the Sage Force.
- His glowing eyes do not match any of the lightning bolts released upon the Speed Force's rebirth. Though it's possible his mask has lenses that obscure the true color of his glowing eyes.
- Psych may have the power to create a psychic projection of himself or can disperse himself as a form of teleportation, given he faded away (as opposed to running or obviously teleport) after getting a blast of courage from Cecile.
Behind the scenes
- In the comics, Psych is Bashir, a Zandian spy and user of the Sage Force. He debuted in The Flash #61 (March, 2019).